Forums > Personal > The Judas Iscariot Love Thread!!!

forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one ever shows any love for poor Judas Iscariot. Such a fluffy young man, so loathed throughout history.

Therefore, I begin the Judas Iscariot Love Thread.

*licks Judas*

"Brian May, Freddie will."
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I end the Judas Iscariot Love thread. ZZZZZZZZZ

xyz
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

LOL. It was fast!

Yuri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wow... you certainly are fascinated by the strangest personalities :-/

A little bit of heaven and a whole lotta hell.

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alex Solan wrote:

Serry<h6>Inventor of terrible English wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

LOL. It was fast!

Yeah, thanks Arlene!

PS: FGT, get a shrink and a dick. (REALLY tough job on the last one)

You've already got both - a dick that shrinks.

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I repeat. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

xyz
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool, Arlene's now a moderator.

And if it's sending her to sleep, it must be fucking boring...

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Cool, Arlene's now a moderator.

And if it's sending her to sleep, it must be fucking boring...

Oh....shit.....

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a fab-fucking-taculously smart man!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His performances of 'Heaven On Their Minds' and 'Superstar' were magnificient.

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's wrong with loving Judas?

I mean Jesus KNEW he would betray him, and poor Judas was ordained to do so. If Judas had NOT betrayed him - then the story would not have worked.

That's what I love about Christianity. They always release the bad guys to sin again!!!

Here is an example:

At the end of Star Wars: A New Hope, George Lucas does NOT kill-off Darth Vader. Instead he allows him to escape so that he has a villian for the second movie.

It's the same with the old devil. Why not just put him down and keep him down - because, it spoils the story!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco wrote:

LOL! I will admit I love his performance in JCS! Course that's a whole other ball park! The original rock star! (Stole the show!)

Yep, those are 2 outstanding songs, especially as done by the late Carl Anderson!

xyz
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Judas was simply a scapegoat created to shift the blame of Jesus' death on the Jews. Any critical reader sees the anti-Jewish bias in the Gospels, especially in the Gospel of John. This anti-Jew bias inevitably contributed to centuries of persecution of Jewish people, but that's another discussion altogether.

In 1 Corinthians chapter 10, Paul wrote of Jesus appearing to the 12 disciples at his resurrection (but let's not turn this into a 'did Jesus rise' debate - I'm just using this quote for argument). But if the story of Judas was real and historical, then wouldn't Jesus have appeared to only 11, since Judas had supposedly killed himself? But no, Paul says there were 12 present. This can only suggest that the Judas story was written later on, in fact decades later, when the Jew-Christian hostility had grown astronomically. At that point in time, none of the writers had any clue that their writings would be part of a collection of books like the bible, so this inconsistency was probably never even thought of at the time.

Of course, there are still people whom, when they become aware of this inconsistency, claim that someone else was reinstated to make it 12, but it's just another case of conservative Christians trying to rewrite history by reconstructing new information they've received to match their beliefs.

The conviction of most critical scholars, and of myself, is that there was no Judas. But regardless of such convictions, one with open eyes can at least agree that Paul and the Judas story both cannot be correct.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That...was a joke, right? In either case, ROFL.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color =#CC00FF>***Marial-B*** wrote:

For FreddieGhetto: Girl, I can understand why you admire John Lennon, even Brian Epstein, but someone who was a d**k and betrayed his mentor... You're the one who has to go to a shrink, and for real

I think she actually went to a shrink, but the shrink just said... YOU KNOW WHAT, I GIVE UP!

That's exactly the same thing a shrink said when Tom Cruise went for a consultation.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

goodco wrote:

LOL! I will admit I love his performance in JCS! Course that's a whole other ball park! The original rock star! (Stole the show!)

Yep, those are 2 outstanding songs, especially as done by the late Carl Anderson!

I prefer Murray Head, but Carl was cool :)

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color =#CC00FF>***Marial-B*** wrote:

For FreddieGhetto: Girl, I can understand why you admire John Lennon, even Brian Epstein, but someone who was a d**k and betrayed his mentor... You're the one who has to go to a shrink, and for real

I don't *admire* Judas exactly. I simply think he's a very misunderstood figure. Jesus knew what was up, obviously, and he still selected Judas as one of his Apostles. He didn't *have* to do that, but there must have been something about Judas that drew Jesus to him. What that is has maybe been lost to history for now, but I think one of these days we'll discover the true story. Judas was, after all, a person so distraught by what had occurred to kill himself - the first of the Twelve to die. When you look at the fact that the other 11 were SLEEPING when Jesus was arrested... I guess at least Judas was doing SOMETHING.

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What ya mean he was the only one doing something?

When Peter found out what was happening he cut someone's ear off!

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

In 1 Corinthians chapter 10, Paul wrote of Jesus appearing to the 12 disciples at his resurrection (but let's not turn this into a 'did Jesus rise' debate - I'm just using this quote for argument). But if the story of Judas was real and historical, then wouldn't Jesus have appeared to only 11, since Judas had supposedly killed himself?

Well, there could have been a mistranslation. Or, Jesus could've appeared to Judas even though Judas was dead (not entirely sure *how* this would be done, but hey, it could happen).

Also, I don't buy that the Judas story was made up to stir up anti-Jewish sentiment. I think perhaps Judas' role may have been exagerrated to stir up anti-Jewish sentiment (I mean, come on, it's ROMANS with the cat o' nine tails, that's not Judas), but I think the general tale is pretty much truthful.

Of course, there are still people whom, when they become aware of this inconsistency, claim that someone else was reinstated to make it 12, but it's just another case of conservative Christians trying to rewrite history by reconstructing new information they've received to match their beliefs.

There was a replacement Apostle - Matthias. But I'm not sure when he was instated. So it could have been Matthias there.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the reason why Judas ended up betraying Jesus:

Back in those days Jesus was the coach to a football (soccer) team called 'The Apostles'. Since he was only allowed to have 11 players on the field, Jesus for the most part left Judas sitting on the bench.

Judas then got really pissed off, and told the Romans that Jesus was paying referees to have the games fixed.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]