Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > John Deacon NR.1 On TOP 50 Basslines Of All Time!

forum rss feed
Author

rockit22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 05, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1843

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you actually read what they said? They name the song Under Pressue, but it sounds like they're talking about Anotehr one bites the dust in the description. That loses the credibility.

killer queen11 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no, they're definately talking about Under Pressure... I think it's kinda stupid that they called Queen the least cool band of all time though. If they are so "uncool" why are they one of the most popular classic rock bands among today's youth?

stone cold crazy, 'ya know

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

killer queen11 wrote:

no, they're definately talking about Under Pressure... I think it's kinda stupid that they called Queen the least cool band of all time though. If they are so "uncool" why are they one of the most popular classic rock bands among today's youth?

"01. Queen - Under Pressure
Who would have thought that such an extravagant, ostentatious band could team up with such a ludicrously flamboyant solo artist and create something so possessed of understated cool, so minimal and precise? No one embodied 70s excess like Queen did, except perhaps David Bowie. They came together, once, for one song, and that bassline was the progeny. The song itself, of course, rose into a showy stomp, but oh my. John Deacon channelled Chic into that bassline. So magic that even Vanilla Ice couldn’t fuck it up. So magic that it made Vanilla Ice sound good. ANYONE could sound good with that riff underneath them. The least cool band ever, the least cool rapper ever, and the coolest bassline.
[Nick Southall] "

When the hell did "Under Pressure's" bassline make Vanilla Ice sound good? How dare you attempt to correct the greatness that is Kyle?

killer queen11 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

killer queen11 wrote:

Who would have thought that such an extravagant, ostentatious band could team up with such a ludicrously flamboyant solo artist and create something so possessed of understated cool, so minimal and precise? No one embodied 70s excess like Queen did, except perhaps David Bowie. They came together, once, for one song, and that bassline was the progeny. The song itself, of course, rose into a showy stomp, but oh my. John Deacon channelled Chic into that bassline. So magic that even Vanilla Ice couldn’t fuck it up. So magic that it made Vanilla Ice sound good. ANYONE could sound good with that riff underneath them. The least cool band ever, the least cool rapper ever, and the coolest bassline.
[Nick Southall] "

When the hell did "Under Pressure's" bassline make Vanilla Ice sound good? How dare you attempt to correct the greatness that is Kyle?

Um.. it was Under Pressure that Vanilla Ice took the bassline from. That's what they're talking about.

stone cold crazy, 'ya know
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 00:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Intersting article, but since when in the fucking hell were Queen not "cool"?

motbq user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you could tell whoever wrote this article didn't know much about queen, that's the feeling I got reading some of his comments.

g2000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen have never been cool

tupincs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

g2000 wrote:

queen have never been cool

Yeah, they were simply good instead of being cool.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen were the least cool band ever. They were just great.

You know, good times are now.
[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitch4freddie wrote:

Intersting article, but since when in the fucking hell were Queen not "cool"?

The not cool part is about Vanilla Ice.

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Money - Pink Floyd should have one.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Nah, the best bassline ever is "The Damned Don't Cry" by Reggie Workman, from John Coltrane's album "The Complete Africa/Brass Sessions" (known as "Africa/Brass" and "Africa/Brass 2" on vinyl).

Stupid jazz. :-P

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

killer queen11 wrote:

kdj2hot wrote:

killer queen11 wrote:

[Nick Southall] "

Um.. it was Under Pressure that Vanilla Ice took the bassline from. That's what they're talking about.

lol, I know. I was totally tripping last night and the strangest part was that no drugs were involved. I think the chic thing through me off but thats no excuse for thinking Vanilla Ice ised the AnoBtD bass on his song. I guess Under Pressure can be chicc like too though.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, I was joking.

I put a :P behind the sentence.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."