Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May Presenter On UK Hall Of Fame Awards, Anyone Watch?

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/news_view.aspx?news_id=3350

Anyone watch this last night on VH1 last night? They showed it twice in a row. from 9-11pm and from 11pm -1 am

Read the details.

Brian presented the award to induct Black Sabbath (and he looked quite honored as well as handsome and debonair in a long coat and suit)

and Brian was featured throughout a filmed tribute to Jimi Hendrix who was also inducted.

xyz
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched it, 2 times in a row....lol.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

Me TOO! :D

xyz
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Folks I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but this was live on Channel 4 in the UK almost three weeks ago.

Natch, if ur inter-continental, you won't be able to experience the joy of Channel 4 and British television.

P

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

me three!

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

Folks I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but this was live on Channel 4 in the UK almost three weeks ago.

Natch, if ur inter-continental, you won't be able to experience the joy of Channel 4 and British television.

P

Even though it was taped and not live, I was still thrilled to watch it.

They NEVER show UK award shows here and it was a very pleasant surprise that VH1 carried it.

I also cried when The Kinks got their award and were inducted because I adore them and because...

...both Ray and Dave Davies almost lost their lives this past year with Ray being shot by a mugger in New Orleans, and Dave suffering a very bad stroke, so it did my heart good to see them healthy and happy.

I loved when Pete Townshend picked up The Who's Induction Award from Ray Davies who presented it and Pete said to Ray and the audience, ''I hope The Kinks have a reunion!'' Same here!

xyz

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>All Queen's People wrote:

I saw the bits of him on the tribute to Jimi Hendrix but I couldn't be bothered to wait 2 and a half more hours to see Brian present Ozzy with the award. I wnated to but it was too long.

If they repeat it again, turn on the last 20 minutes. That's when Brian presents Sabbath with their induction and award.

Might I add, Brian made the longest speech of the night, which you could tell he had taken time to choose the right words..you know how Brian likes to be proper and articulate and such, and I thought he was very distinguished in his manner, and he just looked fabulous in that tailored long coat and suit.

Also, didn't someone on the show, I forget who, say that each of this year's inducted/honored artists CHOSE, who would induct them and present their award to them?

That would mean that Black Sabbath asked/requested Brian to be their presenter and induct them.

That was VERY gracious of Sabbath and I had no idea they were such fans of Brian!

xyz
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

ok.computer wrote:

P

Even though it was taped and not live, I was still thrilled to watch it.

They NEVER show UK award shows here and it was a very pleasant surprise that VH1 carried it.

I also cried when The Kinks got their award and were inducted because I adore them and because...

...both Ray and Dave Davies almost lost their lives this past year with Ray being shot by a mugger in New Orleans, and Dave suffering a very bad stroke, so it did my heart good to see them healthy and happy.

I loved when Pete Townshend picked up The Who's Induction Award from Ray Davies who presented it and Pete said to Ray and the audience, ''I hope The Kinks have a reunion!'' Same here!

Well said, I know it was a while back but as Arlene said they hardly ever get played here.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
QueenZeppelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Brian and Tony have worked together on several projects--Brian guesting on a late-80's Sabbath record, performing together on the "Smoke On The Water" charity single, the Freddie Mercury Tribtue Concert--and Tony has had glowing words of praise for Freddie, Brian and Queen as a whole (especially on a documentary recorded circa the tribute concert). Also, when asked by a Rolling Stone special publication to name his favorite five songs from the 1970's, Ozzy named "Bohemian Rhapsody" as one of his favorites and gave huge plaudits to Freddie, Queen and the song itself.

"Have you ever seen or touched any monkeys?"
Mrs Taylor 05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 389 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I missed it !!!!!!!!!!! *cries uncontrollably* And my dumb dad sat downstairs watching it ! And didn't even think to tell me it was on !!!!!!

Question authority." Teenage angst has paid off well.. Now I'm bored and old. Self appointed judges judge more than they have sold." - Serve The Servants, Nirvana
HDvorak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would mean that Black Sabbath asked/requested Brian to be their presenter and induct them.

That was VERY gracious of Sabbath and I had no idea they were such fans of Brian!

Surprised that no one seems to no how much of Sabbath fan Brian May is. Brian has frequently name checked the Sabs and specifically Tony as a big influence on his guitar style. I can certainly hear it!

Brian and Tony have been close buds for several decades. I know that Brian has joined the Sabs for an encore at several gigs, the earliest of which I believe is a London show from 1980. Also, Tony played at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.

Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the awards and thought Brian looked gorgeous as well--I think he brings a touch of class to any event he graces.

I have a question--does anyone know if the UK Music Awards were broadcast at any time here last year when Queen were honored? If not, GRRRR!! Another snub against the guys here in the US. And if they were, I'm going to be VERY angry at myself for missing it.

We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May
Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw like 5 minutes of it then I fell asleep with my girlfriend on my couch.

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the clip of Brian's speech from his site. I thought the speech was great, but Ozzy seemed to look bored out of his mind...Every time the camera cut to him, he was fidgeting!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't watched it yet, but I recorded it onto DVD, so maybe I'll watch it later.. I did flick channels while it was on though, and I saw a shot of Brian in the audience.. :-)

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This isn't about Brian, but I thought The Pretenders kicked ass. :)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched it! Brian kicked ass lol!
He seemed abit nerves....

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

This isn't about Brian, but I thought The Pretenders kicked ass. :)

I ADORE The Pretenders, and since The Kinks (who I also ADORE) were inducted and honored into the UK Music Hall Of Fame, The Pretenders played a gorgeous version of The Kinks' ''Waterloo Sunset''...

..and don't forget that Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders....

....had a baby many years ago with and by The Kinks' Ray Davies who she has had a lifelong love affair and friendship with, and The Pretenders had a hit covering The Kinks' ''Stop Your Sobbing'' years and years ago.

xyz
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

P

I know but I kept turning the TV to Channel 4 and the only thing on was Jim Vance and Doreen Gentzler talking about George Michael (the sportscaster) falling off one of his horses at his rather palatial estate.

Love George and his rodeo reports, but would much rather have seen Brian May on Channel 4 inducting the boys from Black Sabbath into the UK Music Hall of Fame.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gunpowder Gelatine wrote:

I watched the clip of Brian's speech from his site. I thought the speech was great, but Ozzy seemed to look bored out of his mind...Every time the camera cut to him, he was fidgeting!

Did you see Geezer kept diving for a bottle? It turned out to be bottled water, but it looked bizarre. And Ozzy WAS fidgeting! He started to get up several times, evidently anticipating an abrupt ending to Brian's speech. ;)

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.