Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > anyword on a new album?

forum rss feed
Author

Freddiettt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i would think to sell out 28+ dates some new material would help.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been to MANY so-called "classic rock" act concerts and my overwhelming observation has been that most of the people who go, don't go to hear the new material. MOST people go to hear the songs they grew up with and either sit on their hands, get a beer or go to the bathroom when the new songs get played. You can set your watch by it. For a band of a certain age, a new album is an excuse to go out on the road, play the hits and make money.

Blow it out your ass.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or, in the case of a Rolling Stones concert, the audience tends to hit the head whenever Keith Richards sings. Can't blame 'em.

I would be interested in a new album with Paul, but I'm not holding my breath, quite frankly. I DO hope they change the set around, maybe throw in 'It's Late', 'Sleeping On The Sidewalk', and some other post-AKOM stuff, but - again - not holding my breath.

Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Or, in the case of a Rolling Stones concert, the audience tends to hit the head whenever Keith Richards sings. Can't blame 'em.

:-)
I would be interested in a new album with Paul, but I'm not holding my breath, quite frankly. I DO hope they change the set around, maybe throw in 'It's Late', 'Sleeping On The Sidewalk', and some other post-AKOM stuff, but - again - not holding my breath.

Nobody get me wrong - I'd love it if they recorded an album of new material. I'm just saying that in my observation, touring in promotion of a new album wouldn't affect concert attendence one way or the other. People go see a band like Queen or the Stones or Fleetwood Mac or even U2 based on the catalog. The catalog sells the ticket, not the new album. I'm sure Band X would prefer their audience be really enthusiastic about their new material, but they know most people are there to hear the hits.

Blow it out your ass.
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddiettt wrote:

i would think to sell out 28+ dates some new material would help.

pshhhh f that, they should get a new name then, just rehearse some new songs thats my tip to them, some old ones not any new material

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 05, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is word circulating about a studio album.

Rumours and heresay no doubt, so take this with a grain of salt people.

Someone posted that they heard from a close connection within the group that the Boys were recording some studio work with Paul and that John Deacon had agreed to play some Bass bits.

This same person claims he heard this from a dutchman 'close to the band' who was at the OIQFC Convention this past Autumn. In turn, he heard it directly from Greg Brooks.

Take it however you want, but that's what's currently going around the circuts. Why such "news" has taken so long to be heard, and why now of all times it is being heard is strange. But then again all heresay is!

akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yep. It seems that John agreed to "be" a queen in studio. Just not On stage

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

akindofmagic wrote:

yep. It seems that John agreed to "be" a queen in studio. Just not On stage

Where did you get that one from?

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with jamie, they should just do some of the songs they havent done yet like Princes Of The Universe or Play The Game

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We all know that the reason John is not touring is that he doesn't want anyone to see that he is now bald....

Apparently Paul Rodgers stole John's hair replacement doctor back in 2002, and things just fell apart from there.

John will NOT share the stage with the four flushing thief, but will do studio work, as they will not have to ever see each other.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Think john deacon will get involved with the rest of the band for studio work be it new or old stuff they record, because i for one believe there's a chance of that happening some time and it would be nice for the guys in the usa to have some new songs played from QPR as long as they do the same when they tour again in britain and europe.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I think I know who 'that Dutch guy' you are talking about is - but believe me: he is NOT close to the band.

Anyway; this what Greg said about this (and this is a STRAIGHT QUOTE: "Brian, Roger and Paul have done some studiowork together. And as far as I know this has not been abandoned yet".

And John Deacon is NOT involved!

I can give you the quote on audio, but please just take my word for it - saves me a lot of work ;-)

sbrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brain said they had written a song, way back before the first show. He said it was a bit Queen, a bit Paul Rodgers, and quite different to both. I can't imagine the last time they would have written a song without tape rolling...

Roger has said in an interview (somewhere between Hyde Park and Japan) that they are writing an album "that would be a good album for any band, not just Queen".

So..if they like the songs enough, there will be an album...All signs point to yes though..

Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

"Brian, Roger and Paul have done some studio work together. And as far as I know this has not been abandoned yet".

That is absolutely the funniest thing I have read all week.

Blow it out your ass.
AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you might be right but then again you might be surprised how many people might be interested in and buy a new studio l.p. by Queen. At least I for one hope so!

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<marquee>Queen Of Wrestling</marquee> wrote:

I agree with jamie, they should just do some of the songs they havent done yet like Princes Of The Universe or Play The Game

exactly- maybe 7 seas of ryhe to seguey into another song that would be fun and some of that old stuff---- and more Freddie videos with those sad songs like TATDOOL thats was very smart on their part i loved it, and keep the Bo Rhap idea it was great maybe find different videos though

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga

Posted: 29 Nov 05, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

I think you might be right but then again you might be surprised how many people might be interested in and buy a new studio l.p. by Queen. At least I for one hope so!

Oh I'm not trying to suggest people DON'T want or wouldn't buy a new Queen-ish album. I'm sure many people would be very interested (myself included). I just don't think a new album would help the tour attendence in any significant way. The people who are going to go to these shows will be going based on the band's last 30 years' worth of music, and not because of anything new. Nobody goes to see KISS, Aerosmith, AC/DC, et cetera, for their new stuff either.

Blow it out your ass.