Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Time

forum rss feed
Author

Spawnie Boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Spawnie Boy
Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hello, is any video of this musical with freddie mercury or only they had release the audio from the musical?

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thomas

That's just rude.

The internet is an international place with many tongues and cultures.

Adjust your stroppy teenage attitude and learn to respect that....


"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahem... Are you seriously wanna talk about someone's English without an opinion of inventor of terrible English?!

I understood SB's question without any problems, therefore it's okay :)

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

ok.computer wrote:

Thomas

That's just rude.

The internet is an international place with many tongues and cultures.

Adjust your stroppy teenage attitude and learn to respect that....


I am merely requesting that he attempts to learn some English. The majority of his questions are unintelligable, which makes life worse for HIM too. And it's a small effort with great pay-off to learn English.

A perfectly reasonable request, especially since this is an English-language forum. Many people learned decent English to post here, I can't see why Spawnie Boy should be any different.


Hear, hear!

I totally agree. 'Proper' English just makes it far easier for everyone to understand, with less room for misinterpretation.

I am not saying that one should be at a 'GSCE' standard, or that we should penalise mistakes, but, it would be polite and beneficial if the writer could conform to some modicum of standardised language.

I do not see this issue as a stroppy teenage tantrum - nor do I see how Serry will ever improve if he is subjected to such threads!


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post!


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry<h6>Inventor of terrible English wrote:

Ahem... Are you seriously wanna talk about someone's English without an opinion of inventor of terrible English?!

I understood SB's question without any problems, therefore it's okay :)


LMFAO! ;-)

Sergey is the Jedi Master of Terrible English..so whatever he says is the gospel! ;-)

BTW, I thoroughly understood the topic starter too, and I have to deal with hispanics and orientals who can't speak a word of English at my telemarketing job every night.


xyz
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you guys kidding????!!! You English native speakers should just thank God your language has become a sort of international language. Have respect for others, damit



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:


BTW, I thoroughly understood the topic starter too, and I have to deal with hispanics and orientals who can't speak a word of English at my telemarketing job every night.

Well honestly it wasn't that difficult to understand. Those who had trouble understanding it are the ones who have trouble with English...



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

ok.computer wrote:

Thomas

That's just rude.

The internet is an international place with many tongues and cultures.

Adjust your stroppy teenage attitude and learn to respect that....


I am merely requesting that he attempts to learn some English. The majority of his questions are unintelligable, which makes life worse for HIM too. And it's a small effort with great pay-off to learn English.

A perfectly reasonable request, especially since this is an English-language forum. Many people learned decent English to post here, I can't see why Spawnie Boy should be any different.



You may be right, but you can also be a little bit less aggressive... anyway... we shouldn´t be arguing about this kind of issues...



John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

Are you guys kidding????!!! You English native speakers should just thank God your language has become a sort of international language. Have respect for others, damit


Fairy, I don't think this thread has been hijacked so that people can poke fun at Spawnie-boy. (Or at least I hope it hasn't).

Rather, it seems that many posters have recently descended into 'text-message' codes, which many people, (myself included) find difficult to understand.

I did not notice before (as I had not read his profile) that Spawnie came from Peru, so I applaud his attempt to make his communication understandable.

My rant is with those native English speakers who are either too arrogant or too ignorant to improve upon their basic skills, and for that, the whole board suffers.

As for the 'Time' question, I almost feel reluctant to answer, as it was an innocent answer to such a question about a year ago, which kicked-off one of the biggest arguments in QZ.

But for the record, NO video (even bootleg) exists of Freddie in the stage production. (A snippet of the making of 'Time' was shared in here in the Announce forum a little while back though).


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John,
I totally agree with you about the text message style you talk about. I'm not an English native speaker and that is certainly difficult for me. If it is for you, you sure can understand! :-).
I just didn't find the post starter's message to be in that style, it just seemed poor English, but perfectly understandable to me.

I actually found strange you were making such a comment. I know you're not a rude person, so I believe you were not referring to foreigners.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Other QZers instead do refer to non-English speakers, and that drives me crazy.
My English is good, but I'm a simultaneous interpreter so thank God it is! I know not everybody has studied English, and nobody should be required to speak perfect English to be on a music forum.

Thanks and take care

Fairy



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How fucking rude can you be (Caspar)?

So if a foreigner came up to you in the street and asked you a polite question in their best English, you'd ignore their question and tell them in an incredibly patronising and condescemding to go away and only come back when they can speak a language other then their own to a higher standard?

Because that's exactly what's happening here.




Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

John,
I totally agree with you about the text message style you talk about...

Other QZers instead do refer to non-English speakers, and that drives me crazy.
My English is good, but I'm a simultaneous interpreter so thank God it is! I know not everybody has studied English, and nobody should be required to speak perfect English to be on a music forum.



Fairy, I too agree with you. This is a music forum, and everyone from all nations should enjoy the discussion, and the freedom to express ideas.

As I said, I applaud non-English speakers for their valiant attempts to communicate in a foreign language (and I think that your English - and Serry's - is pretty good too).

Now you see why I like native English speakers to make an effort, as I think these international contributions are important, and it is what makes Queenzone special.

But if native English speakers are lazy, then it makes it far more difficult for everyone to read. So shame on them.

I apologise to Spawnie-boy, as I assumed he was another 'lazy' native speaker, but, when I pulled up his profile I saw he came from Peru.

That was a bad mistake on my part.

My dream is that we can all respect each other in Queenzone, and if it means that I have to write (in English) properly to do so, then I will make that effort. I just get annoyed when others think they do not have to follow the same simple rules.



"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"My dream is that we can all respect each other in Queenzone"

Utopia... and it's a pity!

HyP user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Spawnie Boy, no offence, but start learning English. This sadly is one of the more lucid posts you made. Your grammar and spelling are simply so bad that you are pretty much unintelligible. And it's really not that difficult to learn English, so PLEASE do so.


Ich denke, daß Kartoffeln grün sind

Hey Thomas, we don't tell you to get a haircut, give the kid some slack. Plus, if he's from Peru, he can't be that bad.

SPAWNIE BOY: I'll toast this glass of Pisco to you. Cheers!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HyPressure wrote:


Ich denke, daß Kartoffeln grün sind


Don't eat them then... Something wrong I guess! :)

HyP user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry<h6>Inventor of terrible English wrote:

HyPressure wrote:


Ich denke, daß Kartoffeln grün sind


Don't eat them then... Something wrong I guess! :)



Too late!! Now I'm seeing elephants.

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks John, don't worry. We know you didn't mean it bad...Others are the problem!




“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HyPressure wrote:

Serry<h6>Inventor of terrible English wrote:

HyPressure wrote:


Ich denke, daß Kartoffeln grün sind


Don't eat them then... Something wrong I guess! :)



Too late!! Now I'm seeing elephants.

Ach so! Und welche Farbe sind sie??


“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 05, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Fairy wrote:

John,
I totally agree with you about the text message style you talk about...

Other QZers instead do refer to non-English speakers, and that drives me crazy.
My English is good, but I'm a simultaneous interpreter so thank God it is! I know not everybody has studied English, and nobody should be required to speak perfect English to be on a music forum.



Fairy, I too agree with you. This is a music forum, and everyone from all nations should enjoy the discussion, and the freedom to express ideas.

As I said, I applaud non-English speakers for their valiant attempts to communicate in a foreign language (and I think that your English - and Serry's - is pretty good too).

Now you see why I like native English speakers to make an effort, as I think these international contributions are important, and it is what makes Queenzone special.

But if native English speakers are lazy, then it makes it far more difficult for everyone to read. So shame on them.

I apologise to Spawnie-boy, as I assumed he was another 'lazy' native speaker, but, when I pulled up his profile I saw he came from Peru.

That was a bad mistake on my part.

My dream is that we can all respect each other in Queenzone, and if it means that I have to write (in English) properly to do so, then I will make that effort. I just get annoyed when others think they do not have to follow the same simple rules.




John thank God you wrote that "bad mistake" bit, because I was inches away from launching a most unwarranted tirade against one of the few people who's opinions matter on here.

I welcome the foreign input. And I get really annoyed with the text-speak monkeys on here.

I was just annoyed that someone from the Netherlands was so quick to reprimand someone for being from Peru...

Why do we fall? So we learn how to pick ourselves up again. Welcome, Peru - post on.

Paul


"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."