Forums > Personal > I am tired of Arlene's game, it is time for her to.....

forum rss feed
Author

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Either quit whining, get off of her ass and make something out of her life, or be banned from Queenzone....

It is pretty simple, really. If she has the time to post her "woe is me" rants here, she should have enough time to find a decent job.

If she cannot afford to live in her current area, hmmmmm, perhaps that is something that she should have PLANNED for 10 years ago, and made a move to an affordable area while she had means to do so.

This is AMERICA, for Christ's sake.

If you cannot make it here, where the fuck do you expect to go and make it???

Her shit has grown stale.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And YOU need a hug, mister grumpy pants.

Back whenever
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Haystacks,

And I guess I may be picking you up wrong here, (in that case I apologise in advance), but America is NOT the only 'good' country in the world - which is something Americans seem to forget.

Not all the eggs in your country have two yolks, and as poor Fievel finds out, there are indeed CATS over there too!

Now whilst I agree that the West is more privileged than the third world, I would not swap living in Scotland for living in the US for any price - as I believe we enjoy a greater quality of life.

Regardless, I do not wish to turn this into a US Vs. the rest of the world, or indeed an anti-American thread, but I find comments like "This is AMERICA, for Christ's sake", both arrogant an insulting, as it implies that the US suffers from NO socio-political or environmental problems - and that is definitely NOT the case.

Perhaps the US can rightly 'claim' to be the world's 'wealthiest' economy (while paradoxically simultaneously holding down the world’s greatest debt), but pull off that veneered facade, and you will find some of the greatest poverty related problems in the WORLD, so please do not use this 'American dream' fantasy to convince me that Arlene's problems are all in her head.

Perhaps her problems are, but that is still no excuse to hide the fact that she, and millions like her suffer in the underbelly of US society, and for them, the US dream is nothing more than a shattered illusion.

"This is AMERICA, for Christ's sake", is after all, not just some sort of emblem for a positive Utopia.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm... charitable guy,

oo la la
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

USA is the most horrible country of the world. And you call yourselves "America", and America includes South and Central America, so YOU ARE NOT AMERICA.

With your president, who is an ASSHOLE and KILLER, your country doesn't deserve the name of "the best country of the world" 'cause it is not.

If your government take care of people's welfare, and don't invent wars, your country would be better than now.

I'm a Social Worker in my country (Chile), and i know what i'm talking about.

Arlene: i hope you can fin a decent job, and if you don't, its Bush fault.

Cheers.

Life Is A Bitch...

flash00.

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you tell em maruga :)

oo la la
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I appreciate it must be extremely hard for her and I do sympathise, Arlene if you read this.

I myself spent nearly 2 and a half years looking for permanent employment and it was very frustrating.

I can't relate to the rest of her problems but I do hope she finds a solution to them all.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nah, on a 15 page topic, with numerous people giving her advice on what to do, how to help.....

It is hysterical that the bashers are going after ME? Calling the President a Killer? I realize that Bush Bashing has become an Olympic event over the past year, but really, folks...

Lets face facts. Arlene is in the situation because of the choices that SHE, and SHE ALONE, has made over the course of her adult life. I said before, you will find that in America, a lot of your "professional students", as Arlene is, tend to have the hardest time finding and keeping a decent job. Why do you think that is?

I took a crappy job with a good, family owned company 9 1/2 years ago. Why? Because the best way to make it in Middle Class America is to find a job, and STAY THERE!!! The professional students simply do not see it that way. For whatever reason, they bounce from job to job, school to school...

Now, I make a good living, and have a job I love with people that I consider my friends signing my paycheck.

Now, about the America bashing...what gives there? All I simply meant that if an intelligent girl like Arlene can't seem to make it in this country, I don't know what anyone can do for her.....

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm rather surprised by the anti-American responses here.

Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a Social Worker, the only thing i have to say is: we all can help Arlene give her some advises, but the only person who can fix the problem is Arlene.

I hate Bush and his fuckin' foreign politics. He should worry about how to fix the lots of problems on is country (like racism, poverty, etc.). And i'm still thinking he is a KILLER.

Cheers.

Life Is A Bitch...

John S Stuart

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Now, about the America bashing...what gives there? All I simply meant that if an intelligent girl like Arlene can't seem to make it in this country, I don't know what anyone can do for her.....

No American bashing on my part Mr.Calhoun/Erin. I just pointed out that your society (like my own - but for different reasons) is NOT perfect. It was not meant to be given (or taken) as an insulting.

As a non-US resident, as I said above, I find the idea that "This is AMERICA, for Christ's sake", (and all the connoted underlying meaning) is both insulting and patronising.

flash00.

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

It's pretty obvious she really is on the bones of her arse, I can't comment on what it is like in America as I have never been there yet. Arlene seems like she has all her marbles and if she has no family or friends who else can she turn to but us at Queenzone if all else is failing.

Things must be getting more desperate for her by the hour. What she doesn't need right now is a topic asking for her banning.

I'd say the same if it was any other member too.

*bump*
well put!!!

oo la la
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think, in fairness to Haystacks, he didn't mean that America was the greatest country in the world, but that... hmm, it's difficult to explain on the Internet. I think it was more of a way of saying that getting a job in America is fairly easy, and that if a 17 year old can do it, then anyone can do it, not "God bless America, land of the free, greatest country in the world, and if you don't like it we'll declare war on you!" I think it was more self-deprecating than arrogant.

Erin

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

As a non-US resident, as I said above, I find the idea that "This is AMERICA, for Christ's sake", (and all the connoted underlying meaning) is both insulting and patronising.

I don't think Haystacks meant it to be in the slightest, though. All he was trying to say, I believe, is that there is help out there and job opportunities, etc..

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

No American bashing on my part Mr.Calhoun/Erin. I just pointed out that your society (like my own - but for different reasons) is NOT perfect. It was not meant to be given (or taken) as an insulting.

The connoted underlying meaning?? Based on the surrounding context from which this quote was pulled, I think its readily apparent that by that he meant that many jobs and opportunities are available in the U.S. You find this "insulting and patronising"? Perhaps you should dust those chips off your shoulders. There is no need bashing someone's homeland with pseudostatitics simply due to your misinterpretation of their statement.

Erin

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

I have nothing against America, I hope to visit there one day for a holiday. :-)

Spring '06 is a good time to visit..;-)

John S Stuart

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

I don't think Haystacks meant it to be in the slightest, though. All he was trying to say, I believe, is that there is help out there and job opportunities, etc..

Please let's not turn this into country bashing, but this is exactly what I meant, in that there is "help out there and job opportunities", in MOST (at least Western countrys) and NOT just in the US. However, that does NOT prevent some 'decent' people from falling between the cracks.

John S Stuart

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

The connoted underlying meaning?? Based on the surrounding context from which this quote was pulled, I think its readily apparent that by that he meant that many jobs and opportunities are available in the U.S. You find this "insulting and patronising"? Perhaps you should dust those chips off your shoulders. There is no need bashing someone's homeland with pseudostatitics simply due to your misinterpretation of their statement.

Wait a minute. I am on Record as saying:

"Sorry Haystacks... And I guess I may be picking you up wrong here, (in that case I apologise in advance), but America is NOT the only 'good' country in the world... Please let's not turn this into country bashing".

and;

"No American bashing on my part Mr.Calhoun/Erin. I just pointed out that your society (like my own - but for different reasons) is NOT perfect. It was not meant to be given (or taken) as an insulting".

Furthermore, I stand by those statements. NO American bashing on my part.

This is the internet after all, and we do not have the non-verbal cues to deduce the subtlety of meaning, but what I took from Haystack's message was "This can not happen in God's wonderful country of opportunity - and therefore, it is the individual's own fault".

If I read this incorrectly, then perhaps he could have written it better, as after all, that is what the gist of his thoughts are, "It's all Arlene's fault and not our politcal systems".

I still feel that to say - this line of reasoning is NOT automatically true, and that sometimes ideologies CAN and DO fail individuals, (just because this is happening in the US does not automatically make it Arlene's fault), and that sir, I see as neither a chip - nor an accusation.

IT is NOT anti- American to say that it is a BAD system whereby your country will not employ one of its subject's because of poor credit ratings, and I am sorry that you take it so personally, but frankly, if you refuse to see the negative sides of your own political system, then that does not make me the anti-Bush bogeyman.

Erin

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THIS IS AMERICA...and we have no general admission for the Queen shows..*sigh* And, no free health care is a bitch, as well..;-)

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 05, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sick and tired of people who think that all Americans are selfish, fat, greedy, arrogant right wing nuts.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]