Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian May: Egomaniac

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To people,
For those of you who are going to the show, you should be aware of the following piece of information: Brian May is an egomaniac!

As much as I used to like Brian May, his egomanical tendencies are driving me up the wall! Interestingly, I have never found Roger and John to be anything but humble.
Perhaps the most egregious illustration of Brian May's out-of-control ego can be seen at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, where he stacked the concert up with his own compositions, many of which were not even hits! Since the purpose of the concert was to honor Freddie Mercury, should it not have focused upon Freddie Mercury's songs? I also found it appalling that Brian May would use the event in order to promote the single for his upcoming album. More amusingly, he actually goes so far as to declare that this particular self-promoting act represented the best thing that he could do to honor Freddie!
Moreover, Brian May's website diary and soapbox represent some of the most despicable displays of narcissism that one could possibly encounter on the internet. I mean, the posts are utterly boring and all he does it talk on and on and on about inconsequential events concerning himself. It is as though he thinks that people are so very interested in these uninteresting, minute details. Maybe a few dozen people in the world really are interested in him at that level, but for the average person entering the site, it is almost embarrassing.
People on this site most recently mentioned the fact that Brian May spoke for the longest period of time of any presenter during some award ceremony held in the UK a couple of days ago. Here again is further evidence of what I am talking about. Even though he hasn't done much of anything during the last 15 years, he nonetheless assumes that everyone in the audience is so interested in hearing him talk on and on and on.
As usual, Brian May talked on and on and on about himself during an interview a few years ago with "Classic Rock" magazine and do you know what they did? They put Freddie Mercury on the cover! You'd think that he would have learned his lesson!

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh man u just crossed the line

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you the fucking tool that wrote that crap on Wikipedia???

Get a life, you wanker.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

she is the one we went over this already thats why i hate to see her spreading like a fucking virus to this board too

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
RedSpecial1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are we talking about the same Brian May?

Because I'm sure you mean the Austrailian soundtrack wanker...

What total crap!

You don't have to be bigger. Just louder.
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 05, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitch4freddie wrote:

To people,
For those of you who are going to the show, you should be aware of the following piece of information: Brian May is an egomaniac! ...

bitch4freddie you are spamming Queenzone forums
For previous bitch4freddie egomaniac discussion see

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=666597

Do yourself and everyone a favour and just ignore bitch4freddie's attention seeking wind up topics

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

I thought that shit seemed awfully familiar. And also just plain awful. She certainly lives up to the first part of her name.

bitch4freddie wrote:

Moreover, Brian May's website diary and soapbox represent some of the most despicable displays of narcissism that one could possibly encounter on the internet.

Pot, meet kettle.

Blow it out your ass.
dorahc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't read anything or listen to anything that pertains to Brian if you think he is so horrible! Tosser

BriansBabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 02:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're a FREAK!! I went to the L.A. concert, and I'm pretty dang sure he was anything BUT Egomanical. He's a music genius and you pretty much don't belong on Queenzone. What kind of a Queen fan are you?!!

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitch4freddie wrote:

To people,
For those of you who are going to the show, you should be aware of the following piece of information: Brian May is an egomaniac!

As much as I used to like Brian May, his egomanical tendencies are driving me up the wall! Interestingly, I have never found Roger and John to be anything but humble.
Perhaps the most egregious illustration of Brian May's out-of-control ego can be seen at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, where he stacked the concert up with his own compositions, many of which were not even hits! Since the purpose of the concert was to honor Freddie Mercury, should it not have focused upon Freddie Mercury's songs? I also found it appalling that Brian May would use the event in order to promote the single for his upcoming album. More amusingly, he actually goes so far as to declare that this particular self-promoting act represented the best thing that he could do to honor Freddie!
Moreover, Brian May's website diary and soapbox represent some of the most despicable displays of narcissism that one could possibly encounter on the internet. I mean, the posts are utterly boring and all he does it talk on and on and on about inconsequential events concerning himself. It is as though he thinks that people are so very interested in these uninteresting, minute details. Maybe a few dozen people in the world really are interested in him at that level, but for the average person entering the site, it is almost embarrassing.
People on this site most recently mentioned the fact that Brian May spoke for the longest period of time of any presenter during some award ceremony held in the UK a couple of days ago. Here again is further evidence of what I am talking about. Even though he hasn't done much of anything during the last 15 years, he nonetheless assumes that everyone in the audience is so interested in hearing him talk on and on and on.
As usual, Brian May talked on and on and on about himself during an interview a few years ago with "Classic Rock" magazine and do you know what they did? They put Freddie Mercury on the cover! You'd think that he would have learned his lesson!

1. Looking at the list of songs at the Tribute, the only song which you would not have expected at all was Las Palabras De Amor and that was played because of Zucchero. The songs wernt chosen, then a singer allocated. They were chosen to fit the singers who were going to sing there.

2. The tribute was in celebration of Freddie and his music. His music being Queen's music. I wouldn't want to hear just Freddie songs, I thought the concert was great.

3. Also when he played Too Much Love Will Kill You at no point did he say, by the way this is my next single out on... AND wasn't it recorded as a Queen song first anyway?

4. You're a dick.

5. Do you know what the point of a soapbox is? To stand on and speak about what you think and feel. Whats the point of reading Brian May's soapbox if you want to know about someting nothing to do with him?

6. When Brian talked for a long time at the awards, he was talking about Black Sabbath, NOT himself.

7. Brian has done loads in the last 15 years, more than most.

8. If someone is interviewing you, they want to know about you and your opinions.

9. And finally, your problem isn't Brian May, your just obsessed with Freddie Mercury, so much so that you don't like the fact that people think Brian is quite good as the sort of default leader of Queen now. Brian is humble as fuck. He does nothing but praise Freddie, aswell as Roger and John. Maybe he does talk about himself sometimes. But doesnt everyone? You don't know anyone else like you know yourself. You can't talk about other peoples feelings and opinions because you don't know them.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHAT THE HELL!! THIS IS LIKE THE 4TH DAMN FORUM WHICH SHES DONE NOTHING BUT SLAM QUEENS CURRENT TOUR/BAND MEMBER STATUS...AND THE 2ND ONE WHICH SHE CLAIMS BRIANS AN EGOMANIAC... HAVE U ACTUALLY READ HIS SOAPBOX?? ITS JUST RANDOM LIL COMMENTS AND HE ANSWERS FAN LETTERS, IF HE WAS SO DAMN EGOTISTICAL, THEN HE WOULDNT BOTHER READING FAN LETTERS, LET ALONE PERSONALLY ANSWERING THEM!!!
SCREW U!! GET OFF OF THIS SITE!!
U KNOW WHOS A EGOMANIAC?? I THINK ITS U BITCH4FREDDIE BECAUSE U MUST BE GETTIN A DAMN BIG HIGH OFFA PUTTIN DOWN THE GREATEST BAND EVER...
U CANT FIND ANYONE THAT AGREES WITH YOU HERE, SO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE OTHER SICK FREAKS WILL BE PUTTING THEM DOWN AS WELL, CUZ URE NOT FINDING THEM HERE!!!

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stop this shit
i think the only thing this "bith4freddie" want is to pay attention to him/her
please people: dont reply to his posts

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KingMercury wrote:

stop this shit
i think the only thing this "bith4freddie" want is to pay attention to him/her
please people: dont reply to his posts

Its soo hard to ignore tho, but alas, u are right, and i am guilty of this...
But really, i wish the ones who feel the need to leave such ludacris comments on here would just PISS OFF