Forums > Queen - General Discussion > US tour destined for massive failure!

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To fans,
I hate to say it, but the US tour is going to bomb out! Let's face it, they couldn't even sell all of the seats for many of the shows in Europe. What makes them think that they are going to come here and be successful?
Along with the ROTC cd, this represents the first major "Queen" failure. I find that pretty depressing. Their huge-ass egos (which will soon be deflated) really are ruining the legacy.

boy of destiny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate to say it, but you could be right. They're playing some pretty big barns and they just don't have the following in N.A. to fill them. Add to that many Queen fans have mixed feelings about the "reunion" and the tour could be a disappointment.

From a personal stand point, I listened to ROTC again today and I'm just not feeling it. While I'll be there in Vancouver, there's been a few tours that have wrecked bands for me for years (The Who in '89-90(?), Genesis (the We Can't Dance tour) and the recent Van Halen tour to name a few). Luckily, I don't look at this as a Queen reunion. I'm really just looking forward to seeing Brian May and Roger Taylor play live again, but I have this nagging fear that the show (with the current set list) won't meet expectations.

teleport8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the U.S., PR may want to flip some of the lyrics screens around so that the audience knows what to sing.
Do they have a support act there or are they even the support act of other bands?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitch4freddie wrote:

To fans,
I hate to say it, but the US tour is going to bomb out! Let's face it, they couldn't even sell all of the seats for many of the shows in Europe. What makes them think that they are going to come here and be successful?
Along with the ROTC cd, this represents the first major "Queen" failure. I find that pretty depressing. Their huge-ass egos (which will soon be deflated) really are ruining the legacy.

To bitch4freddie,
I hate to say it, but - and? What should we do?

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck you! That's all I have to say.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

Rock It user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You bastards, you should be glad they extended the US-tour. What the hell if they don't sell out, have fun. It's not Queen from around the 80's(US-tour)!!! It's a new thing, and as FM used to say "fuck today, it's tomorrow". Stop living in the past, and treasure this moment, as most of you didn't see Queen when they hit the US bigtime!!!

Fun It
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitch4freddie wrote:

To fans,

I think your right. Oh wait, no. What do I mean... oh yeah... your a wanker.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
chewing gum bum user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Rock It. They don't need to worry about selling out shows or making a ton of money. THey've done that and the royalty checks keep coming in. So they want to do this to go out and tour and have FUN! Queen was what it was in the past. No doubt about that. But they're musicians and want to play. That's their job. Just because a mechanic retires doesn't mean he can keep fixing cars afterwards. Fred is regretably gone and John retired. Doesn't mean Brian and Roger can't keep playing. The only way this tour will bomb is if nobody goes to support them. I've seen them twice in their prime. 78 and 80. I remember in 1980 they didn't totally sell out the venue I saw them in but they still made made their money off me with a t-shirt and program. And they had the number 1 album in the country at the time too with The Game. Leave them alone for fuck sake! The only way they will "bomb" is if people like Bitch4Freddie don't go.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock It wrote:

...treasure this moment, as most of you didn't see Queen when they hit the US bigtime!!!

That would be me. I didn't see Queen when they hit the US bigtime, and I will treasure it in March!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
chewing gum bum user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nicely put beautifulsoup!

boy of destiny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It not a question of selling the arenas out, it's whether they'll even be half full. AND YES I'LL BE THERE, so I'm not being anti Q+PR. For example, Rush came to Calgary for the first time in like 20 years a few years back and the night of the show the NHL team I was working gave everybody in the organization free tickets because they had only sold about 5000 tickets in a 17,000 seat venue. Some of the cities may be too close to support the number of shows booked, so some nights could be a disappoinment for the band and promoters.

Chamo25 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck it! I don't care if they sell out or not, I already got my tickets and want to see them even if the concert is half-way filled. Why would you care? Just like Brian May said earlier this year: If you don't like it, don't come."

"...you ready brothers and sisters?"
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let them come! THEY ARE COMING TO MILWAUKEE! MIL-FUCKING-WAUKEE! THATS LIKE 45 MINUTES FROM SHEBOYGAN!

I got tickets already!

This is an opportunity for younger Queen fans. When Freddie kicked the bucket, I was learning not to put my hand into the electric outlets. Now Roger and Brian are coming back to present Freddie's words to us all!

THERE IS A GOD!

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, I agree to a point. I don't see the tour as "failing" per se, but don't expect sellouts at many venues, if any at all.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MILWAUKEE! THIS SHITTY STATE WILL FINALLY SEE SOME CULTURE OTHER THAN BACTERIA!

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Blackadder wrote:

bitch4freddie wrote:

To fans,

LMAO! WTF??? Bitch4Freddie, has like 2 forums going saying the same exact thing, dont go to the shows! the point of a tour isnt to sell out every single night, its to perform for us fans, and im going, sold out or not, so kiss my ass!

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DreaminQueen wrote:

Lord Blackadder wrote:

bitch4freddie wrote:

To fans,

THEYRE COMING TO MILWAUKEE!

LMAO! WTF??? Bitch4Freddie, has like 2 forums going saying the same exact thing, dont go to the shows! the point of a tour isnt to sell out every single night, its to perform for us fans, and im going, sold out or not, so kiss my ass!

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This truly is a great opportunity for us younger Queen fans who, unlike you lucky older people, weren't around to see Freddie live, and have only done so on DVDs.
As soon as Dec.9th rolls around, I'm buying tix for the Toronto show.
Don't stop me now.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suigi wrote:

This truly is a great opportunity for us younger Queen fans who, unlike you lucky older people, weren't around to see Freddie live, and have only done so on DVDs.
As soon as Dec.9th rolls around, I'm buying tix for the Toronto show.
Don't stop me now.

AMEN TO THAT! Im always watching those DVD's constantly. And i think that my generation is deprived of such great acts as Queen and Freddies showmanship, we dont have anyone like that. So the fact that we are getting the opportunity to see the surviving members of the band... Is John Deacon coming on this one as well?? (ill post another forum regarding that) is the greatest thing thats ever happened in my life thus far. Because they are without a doubt, the greatest band ever

kelbozs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 05, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BEE-ny.... Not all of the European concerts were sold out ... BUT DARLING MOST OF THEM WHERE....!!!!!
NEDERLAND
BELGIUM
UK
MOST OF THE GERMAN ONCE..
ITALIAN ONCE....
MADRID & BARCELONA....
BUDAPEST
PRAGUE
STOCKHOLM
BASEL
VIENNA
THE ONLY ONE BESIDE 1 OR 2 GERMAN DATES THAT DID NOT SOLD OUT WHERE THE SUMMER TOUR

DARLING YOU'RE TALKING FROM HERE *POINTS TO HER BUTT*!!!(CAPLOCK KEY STOCK SORRY)