Forums > Personal > Spider silk

forum rss feed
Author

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In one of my classes, we got around to discussing how we use silk and how it came about to be so. As it is, it came up how they've been trying to use spider silk for clothing. It's supposedly softer. Anyhow ...

Here's my question ... would YOU wear knickers or such that was made from spider silk?

I personally would not because I hate spiders. They creep me out too much to wear the byproduct of theirs on my ass.

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know my answer (look up the number) :)

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

probably....

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

At one time I was frightened of spiders, so I broke my phobia by buying a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7979/tarantula1x5az.jpg

I wouldn't touch one of them with a ten foot pole! :-o

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damnit Barry, even though I knew what was behind that link, I still clicked it anyway.

ahgkhagladlsghaklhg I hate spiders.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

At one time I was frightened of spiders, so I broke my phobia by buying a Mexican Red Knee Tarantula http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7979/tarantula1x5az.jpg

It was funny how it happened because at that time I had a friend who used to be terrified of my pet Budgie Frosty, he put my Tarantula which I had named Dready on his hands. I thought if he can do it so can I. The Crickets I had to buy to feed Dready, I was more scared of them lol.

They look big etc, you can hardly feel them on your hand. I wouldn't hesitate to wear anything made from spider silk.

Next step

Get a goliat bird eating spider.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I would've put knickers or some reference as such as that in the title, would this thread have gained more relplies? Do I have to flow this into the mainstream by advertising this thread with sex?

:P geez.

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

It was funny how it happened because at that time I had a friend who used to be terrified of my pet Budgie Frosty, he put my Tarantula which I had named Dready on his hands. I thought if he can do it so can I. The Crickets I had to buy to feed Dready, I was more scared of them lol.

They look big etc, you can hardly feel them on your hand. I wouldn't hesitate to wear anything made from spider silk.

If something like that came near me, im be jumping backwards everytime it moved, and trying to splat it with something long.

Actually I have steelies on, so id kick it with those.

I dont really wear normal silk, only silk ties, silk is more of a ladies fabric imo. However, something like soft spider silk bedsheets id try out. As long as it didnt attract spiders or something.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Victoria wrote:

If I would've put knickers or some reference as such as that in the title, would this thread have gained more relplies? Do I have to flow this into the mainstream by advertising this thread with sex?

:P geez.

It seems that way darling....it's the state of interest at the moment for most people :P (Hence my thread from yesterday)

I viewed the topic originally because of the topic starter, myself ;)

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

exactly...fully agree with that.