Forums > Personal > Who likes U2?

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tied with Queen for my favorite band.

Bono tied with Freddie for my favorite front man/singer/writer.

How can you not LOVE their performances at Live Aid and Live 8, and songs such as...

Pride:In The Name Of Love, 2 Hearts Beat As One, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day, The Sweetest Thing, City Of Blinding Lights, With Or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, etc.....!!!!

plus the most excellent The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr., and Adam Clayton!

xyz
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Pride:In The Name Of Love, 2 Hearts Beat As One, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day, The Sweetest Thing, City Of Blinding Lights, With Or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, etc.....!!!!

I LOVE that set list! That somes up mines then!

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anybody ever heard Bono's duet with Clannad in the 1980's on a GORGEOUS song called, ''In A Lifetime''?

I LOVE that song, and that one sort of counts since Bono sings lead/duet on it!

xyz
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really like U2, even though they sucked through most of the 90s.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>taylorgaga wrote:

wow, if you all love U2 join my forum, im uploading U2 bootls up there now so, please join and post messages, its new so at the mo its jsut me and linda, but the more the better! thanks :D

Why re-invent the wheel?

There are plenty of U2 sites around with discussion boards and downloads.

DJ's the man we love the most
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Linda

Didn't you mention once that U2 recorded some theme song for an Irish TV show in the early 80s?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Four words - Bullet The Blue Sky.

Anyone know of any good U2 fan sites? http://www.u2wanderer.org is a pretty good resource.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cant stand them. Boring crap.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>taylorgaga wrote:

iv only literalyl got into them! mainly cos of there new 2005 DVD, my fav songs in order are :-

City Of Blinding Lights
Pride (in the name of love)
Love and peace or else
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Bad
Elevation
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Where The streets have no name
Electric Co
Sometimes you cant make it on your own

Anyone else got the new DVD, anyone know any good U2 forums? come on lets talk about the second best band on earth, U2! WOO!

THAT WAS SOO WEIRD i so a thred on here about some other group i didnt like so i didnt comment then i was like hmmm i should post one asking who like U2. Then i come back here today and its here!

I like alll the old songs pretty much and outta the new ones....

City of Blinding Lights
Love And PEace Or Else
ah fuck it i like them all really i listen to them all ATLEASt once a day

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

xyz

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

Yea, jesus was a cunt aswell...

Seriously though, I cant see why people listen to this band, they just arnt entertaining.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry guys i'm with Rockyuk i cant stand them either...Maybe cause i'm Irish i dont like alot of things associated with being Irish OR maybe i just dont appriecate alot of things associated with being Irish either way U2 are a over rated (imho). xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

Seriously though, I cant see why people listen to this band, they just arnt entertaining.

I have to agree that Bono looks like a fuckin' idiot everytime he over dramatizes when he's performing live. The guy looks more like he's auditioning for a Shakespeare play rather than singing at a rock concert.

The falsettos are annoying as hell too. Bono just doesn't have the voice to hit such high notes. His voice is indeed good, but it has its limits. Bono doesn't seem to understand that he sounds like Marge Simpson being tortured when he does a falsetto.

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

R U KIDDING ME?! "This band" is VERY entertaining! I went to see them in MSG in October the friday before the Queen concert in NJ, they knocked my socks off! they were amazing Bono puts on a great show, I had the WORST seats in the house (highest section, last row, right on top of a pole, on the back of the stage) and they blew me away second best concert i ever saw (next to Queen and tied with DMB Randalls island night 1). AMAZING go see them live then tell me they suck

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AM I KIDDING YOU?!

No, im not... They suck, suck badly, extreamly overated.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JamieSureWould wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

R U KIDDING ME?! "This band" is VERY entertaining! I went to see them in MSG in October the friday before the Queen concert in NJ, they knocked my socks off! they were amazing Bono puts on a great show, I had the WORST seats in the house (highest section, last row, right on top of a pole, on the back of the stage) and they blew me away second best concert i ever saw (next to Queen and tied with DMB Randalls island night 1). AMAZING go see them live then tell me they suck

I went to see them at the Garden as well during the Elevation Tour in 2001. They were absolutely spectacular. I didn't want to go see them this year due to the high ticket prices and the fact that the set list included too many songs from the new album. Too mellow to be played live IMO.

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

JamieSureWould wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Blasphemy!!!! ;-)

I went to see them at the Garden as well during the Elevation Tour in 2001. They were absolutely spectacular. I didn't want to go see them this year due to the high ticket prices and the fact that the set list included too many songs from the new album. Too mellow to be played live IMO.

nice i wish i couldve gotton tickets to that bet it was awesome i like that CD a lot. U are wrong about that new tour- atleast theyre not as expensive on the very- what seems- cocky Coldplay (BTW i love them they are one of my favorites but) they have what 3 CDs and they have the nerve to put up $57.50 tickets to like $200 ?! fuck that! theyre great but get over yourselves men. They played A LOT of new songs but even more old ones here im going to find the setlist from the show i went to... they speed up the slow songs which they only played like 2 of the slow ones tops. Defiantly not a mellow show- ROCKIN hard ass guitar and drums- just amazing, amazing lighting everything it was amazing! heres the set list....

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SET LIST:

City Of Blinding Lights,
Vertigo / Rockaway Beach (snippet),
Elevation,
The Electric Co.
People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me(snippet) See Me, Feel Me (snippet),
Gloria,
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
In A Little While (snippet),
Beautiful Day
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
Across The Universe (snippet),
Miracle Drug,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Torna A Surriento (snippet),
Love And Peace Or Else,
Sunday Bloody Sunday,
Bullet The Blue Sky
The Hands That Built America (snippet)
When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet),
Miss Sarajevo,
Pride (In The Name Of Love),
Where The Streets Have No Name,
One
She's A Mystery To Me (snippet)

ENCORE:
The First Time,
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of,
Fast Cars,
With Or Without You,
All Because Of You,
Party Girl,
Yahweh,
Vertigo / Rock 'N' Roll Nigger (snippet)

common thats a hell of a show! really long but was rockin and great, amazing look at that encore the normal encore is like 3-4 songs!

tia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw their Vertigo concert the other night on Tv. It was great. They are on my top 5 favourites.Of course Queen is #1.

just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 06 Dec 05, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually got the Vertigo Tour DVD and in some ways I don't regret not going. I still really liked the fact that they included more songs from 'Boy', which is my favorite U2 album. However 'Love & Peace or Else', 'Yahweh', 'Miracle Drug', 'Original Of The Species', and 'All Because Of You' are songs that live really bored me to death.

What's up with kicking the show with 'City Of Blinding Lights'? Personally after going to concerts of over 20 different artists I've realized that the first song playing in a gig has to KICK ASS and pump people up (especially if we're talking about a rock band).
'Elevation' was an awesome choice for the Elevation Tour, and 'Vertigo' would have been awesome for this one, but 'City Of Blinding Lights'? C'mon Bono, people are paying over 100 bucks to rock.