Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Tutti Frutti error ??

forum rss feed
Author

JeroenG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello,

I just listened to my 'Live at Wembley Stadium' CD copy today, the 2003 re-release, European edition from EMI/Parlophone 7243 5 91095 2 7

I found out that my copy has an error in the song Tutti Frutti. It is 1:34m into the song when some strange 'cutting slip' appears.

You can hear this part in the mp3 below:
http://home.t-g-i.nl/kvk/bestanden/tutti_frutti_error.mp3
The error is about 22sec into this fragment.

I checked and it's not a damage on the disc that makes the sound slip. The time on the display is just playing normal.
Are there more people who know about this??

grtz
JeroenG

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Strange, my disc is fine. Maybe it's a pressing error?

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the future your CD will be collectable.
Or, maybe not...
Mine is OK.

Take care

MrBdGuy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the error on my old release of Live at Wembley '86 (the CDs released in the early 90s) but when I finally got the concert on DVD, the cut was restored.

I have no idea what happened but it reminds me of the mastering error on ITLOTG on the old Hollywood release of SHA.

JeroenG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MrBdGuy wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the error on my old release of Live at Wembley '86 (the CDs released in the early 90s) but when I finally got the concert on DVD, the cut was restored.

I have no idea what happened but it reminds me of the mastering error on ITLOTG on the old Hollywood release of SHA.


So that means there are CD's of 'Live at Wembley 1986' (1992 release) with errors too!!??
Is it on the European release or the USA release. I have the USA Hollywood Records release of that one. (without any error by the way)

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think what he means is that 'Tutti Frutti' is edited on the '92 version, but is restored on the '03 version. At least, that's what I gathered from his post.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed Lester.

Which is why the "I know exactly what you're talking about statement" at the start of his post was particularly funny, because he clearly had it completely wrong.


Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have an error on my L@W CD so I can't comment.

Out of curiosity, though, what is the mastering error on the old SHA disc?


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
JeroenG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kohuept wrote:


Out of curiosity, though, what is the mastering error on the old SHA disc?


On the first pressing of the Hollywood Records 1991 edition of SHA, there is one 'Ahhaaaa' missing.

Normally there are two 'Ahhaaa's in the choir right before the acapella intro of 'Leave it in the lahahaaaaaaap.... of the gohooooooooooooooooooods!!'
The error is that there's only one 'Ahhaaa' in the choir at that point.

Which reminds me of the following: There is also a little difference on the first pressing HR-1991 pressing and the later HR 1991 pressing of SHA on the 'Michael Wagener Mix' of 'Stone cold crazy'.
On the first pressing you can hear someone laugh at the end of the song after the last chords. On the later pressing that I have bought this laughter is gone.

QueenNewcastle user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenNewcastle
Bohemian: 255 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JeroenG wrote:

Hello,

I just listened to my 'Live at Wembley Stadium' CD copy today, the 2003 re-release, European edition from EMI/Parlophone 7243 5 91095 2 7

I found out that my copy has an error in the song Tutti Frutti. It is 1:34m into the song when some strange 'cutting slip' appears.

You can hear this part in the mp3 below:
http://home.t-g-i.nl/kvk/bestanden/tutti_frutti_error.mp3
The error is about 22sec into this fragment.

I checked and it's not a damage on the disc that makes the sound slip. The time on the display is just playing normal.
Are there more people who know about this??

grtz
JeroenG


my cd is the same, it bugs me!


"It's Real Honor To Be Here Tonight"

Brian May

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Tuesday 4th November 2008
Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 05, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

same error here. Does it also appear on the 2004 Japanese cardsleeve?

Apart from the errors already mentioned here, my Hot Space album has one too.

This 1994 release (0777 7 89497 2 5) came with a goldcoloured sticker with the crest on it. The text on the sticker reads Digital Master Series.

In Back Chat there is a cut at 3:35m in the song. This cut is not intentional. I do not know if this has been fixed in later releases. I bought mine when it came out in February 1994.