Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Mick Rock photo(s)

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm working in the picture framing company- I'm measuring all the artwork, work on the computer all day, deal with the clients... Whatever. Anybody heard about David Redfern, famous photographer? His gallery (Redfern Music Picture Library) has got a Xmas show- and it's a show with Mick Rock's photographs. Syd Barrett, Bowie, Lou Reed- the whole thing... I'm just measuring and holding in my hands original print of Queen II shot- number 22/90. And it hurts... :)
Just wanted to tell... :) And who knows- maybe someone will see the show? He's got some great, GREAT pictures- if anyone's interested in rock photography and likes all those really iconic pictures- good place to go...

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooh..take the print and RUN!! You were gonna quit your job and come to the US for the Spring tour anyhow...;-)

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH!! Have you kissed it yet? Have you held it to your face and snuggled it yet? I would have slept with it by now!!!

Hubba Hubba!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*LOL*

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's only a print. Nice, but not fuckable...

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 05, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek<br><h6>Not a REAL fan</h6> wrote:

I'm working in the picture framing company- I'm measuring all the artwork, work on the computer all day, deal with the clients... Whatever. Anybody heard about David Redfern, famous photographer? His gallery (Redfern Music Picture Library) has got a Xmas show- and it's a show with Mick Rock's photographs. Syd Barrett, Bowie, Lou Reed- the whole thing... I'm just measuring and holding in my hands original print of Queen II shot- number 22/90. And it hurts... :)
Just wanted to tell... :) And who knows- maybe someone will see the show? He's got some great, GREAT pictures- if anyone's interested in rock photography and likes all those really iconic pictures- good place to go...

Hey Tom:

I've got a Mick Rock print of Freddie. (stamped Mick Rock studios, with the London Address on the back) He just saw Freddie through a different set of eyes that he was able to share with us through his amazing photography. The shot is a stunner.

You headed to the US next spring?

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 05, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's expensive, but if you want to check out Mick Rock's pictures of Queen, get your hands on a copy of the book "Killer Queen". The pictures are absolutely beautiful and there's a lot of rare ones in it, as well as stories about them.