Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Supporting Bands

forum rss feed
Author

elespa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 05, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't seem to find what band(s) will be playing with Queen on the NA tour, Toronto in particular. If anyone has any idea please post. Thanks!

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would doubt that there will be a support act.

RedSpecial1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 05, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...The Darkness (I chuckle to myself)

You don't have to be bigger. Just louder.
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Darkness, the most full of shit band of all time! Why??? Because they have the nerve to compare themselves to Queen. Keep dreaming, you sorry bastards! I'm sure Roy Thomas, their producer, would tell them in a moment of pure honesty that on their best day ever, they couldn't stand on Def Leppards shoulders to meet Queen's knee(I had a much more classless analogy in mind than the one I wrote).

I loved the Def Leppard rumours, but the truth is, with Q + PR, who needs an opening band???

THE DARKNESS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah shut up ya stupid bitch.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can bet that goddamn Foo Fighters will be there again, since they take every chance to suck up to Brian and/or Roger

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Nuno user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 285 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 05, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and what is wrong with that ???

back off with your Megaton
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 05, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

The Darkness, the most full of shit band of all time! Why??? Because they have the nerve to compare themselves to Queen. Keep dreaming, you sorry bastards! I'm sure Roy Thomas, their producer, would tell them in a moment of pure honesty that on their best day ever, they couldn't stand on Def Leppards shoulders to meet Queen's knee(I had a much more classless analogy in mind than the one I wrote).

I loved the Def Leppard rumours, but the truth is, with Q + PR, who needs an opening band???

The Darkness is a complete joke.

Just like 'Spinal Tap', except that 'Spinal Tap' is actually a comedy band that doesn't expect anyone to take them seriously. The Darkness on the other hand expect people to see them as the next Queen.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
LucyCoeCollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
   LucyCoeCollins
Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

mind you i don't think the darkness are the best but they are by far certainly 1 up from lame ass def leppards *ROLLS EYES*....

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

JUST TURN YERSELF INTO ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER BE"
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I was devastated when Dutchess Suellen of Ballyratshire didn't play the Meadowlands gig in October. There I was, with my Red Special copy, standing alongside Harry Belafonte, Liza Minelli, Inu Liger, et al, just ... just DYING to take the stage, but our muse, our inspiration, our most dutchy of Dutchesses was absentis in factum. Then the drinking began.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can lay good odds the Foo Fighters will either guest ''unannounced'' or actually be on the bill of some show (s).

Possibly the Darkness, especially since they are trying to break the U.S. with this new album.

Razorlight?? maybe.

Robbie Williams???!!! He's also still trying to break the U.S. and of course he has a new album too. (DISCLAIMER.....Just posted this one to make sure you were paying attention!!!!)

;-)

xyz
RedSpecial1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 05, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Robbie Williams???!!! He's also still trying to break the U.S. and of course he has a new album too. (DISCLAIMER.....Just posted this one to make sure you were paying attention!!!!)

;-)

Gee, I hope Robbie shows up... my seats are close enough that I could probably hit him...

You don't have to be bigger. Just louder.
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

robbie isn't trying to break throug in the US anymore....I know FOR SURE that robbie won't be supporting QPR

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Folks!!There will not be an opening act for these shows. They don't need an opening act, they have not had an opening act for most ( not sure about the outdoor EU gigs) of their shows. Not needed or desired as far as I am concerned.

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

elespa wrote:

I can't seem to find what band(s) will be playing with Queen on the NA tour, Toronto in particular. If anyone has any idea please post. Thanks!

You might see a busker at Union Station or in front of the ACC but I think that will be as close to an opening act as you'll see. They don't need an opening act.

mog101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

foos would never support
they are to big a band to support
they were playing to 20,000 people a night on their last us tour

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Foos opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers as recently as their 2000 tour and, I believe, once opened for the Stones. I don't think the Foos consider themselves too big to open for a much bigger band, and I think they would open for Queen at a limited number of shows if asked - but I don't think Queen would ever ask, since they're more than capable of playing a full 2 hours plus on their own and thus don't need an opening act (as proven on this tour). But since Taylor is the true-blue Queen fan in the Foos, perhaps Queen will tap 'Taylor Hawkins & The Coattail Riders' to open for them next time. They have a record out.