Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Next DVD Release

forum rss feed
Author

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what does everyone think the hottest show will be for them? or what do u think (if they do) make another DVD of a show, what show will it be

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally would love to see a Works tour gig.

This can't end well.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooops, sorry, I didn't realise you meant a Queen+ Paul Rodgers DVD. Forgot what forum I was in!

This can't end well.

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol its alright

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

mazz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hyde park 1976 nice early concert

Chamo25 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live in Aruba

"...you ready brothers and sisters?"
mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, if they were to release another one, I would hope it could be a North America gig.

Look at it this way: it would be the first North American concert since Montreal '81 (the We Will Rock You DVD).

Plus, it could increase awareness of Queen in the United States. Belive me, they need it lol

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok thats all well in good i guess i worded it terribly- i meant for the new tour : \ any thoughts on that? (keep in mind this is the Queen plus PR Tour thread so it is about the new tour)

(but i agree i want the next big old Queen one to be a North American gig)

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 05, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what are you smoking to think that this band would consider releasing another live DVD?Thanks to the sheffield audience for ruining the one we do have.I wish they would have had a back up plan,on of the Italian shows from all accounts would have been much better.Also Paul's Voice sounds better on almost every show i have heard then it does on ROTC.see you in Philly!!!

john pistlli
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I say Houston 1977. There are now DVDs of THE WHOLE SHOW on eBay. This show is perfect for release! Queen were killer that night.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HYDE PARK 2005

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should take leaf from U2's book and release an indoor and outdoor gig.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, I always think you should record every gig of a tour, or at least half, and pick the best. The Sheffiled show waas good but the Manchester show was amazing.

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NOTWMEDDLE wrote:

I say Houston 1977. There are now DVDs of THE WHOLE SHOW on eBay. This show is perfect for release! Queen were killer that night.

Ye but the audience were absolute shite.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>Dennis Daja<h6>QZs God wrote:

mazz wrote:

hyde park 1976 nice early concert
Not possible.
WHile theaudio of the mastertape is damaged. Thisway the original soundishigh pitched and simply false! wedon't want that to appear in the shops,do we?

Earls Court '77s first night, isn't also a really good option. While they sang false and they had microfone troubles. I hope this isn't thesame with the second night!

You're assuming that there are no other multi-tracked audio sources in the vaults...

...a bad assumption to make.

And Hyde Park's bootleg isn't "high pitch". The mix is what's bad about it. The lead vocals are far too loud, and Roger's backing vocals are quiet. Freddie's vocal is also oscillating throughout the show, and actually gets quite annoying. But don't assume that this is the only audio source owned by the band - same goes for the first night in Earls Court.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
HyP user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

what are you smoking to think that this band would consider releasing another live DVD?Thanks to the sheffield audience for ruining the one we do have.I wish they would have had a back up plan,on of the Italian shows from all accounts would have been much better.Also Paul's Voice sounds better on almost every show i have heard then it does on ROTC.see you in Philly!!!

I'm not sure what the Sheffield crowd did to my DVD, seems ok to me. But I agree, another live DVD release of this tour would be overkill. If not Final Live in Japan, then any pre-1980 tour would be nice.

Anyone buy one of those ebay DVDs?

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats what i was thinking unless they want to make themselves official and get a name and tour more i dont think they should make another one- but of course if they did i would want it to be the show i went to !

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

yes, with respect to people from sheffield, the italian audience was much warmer than them...
;)
and i want to see my face on a Queen dvd :P

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's a Q + PR release, I will bet it comes from an upcoming American show with a different track list.

I'm for Earl's Court '77, Houston '77 or Hamersmith '79. I'd like the Earl's Court show next because of all the early tracks.

A re-release of Budapest '86 wouldn't be bad either. It's a much better show than Wembley.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Blackadder wrote:

NOTWMEDDLE wrote:

Ye but the audience were absolute shite.

Lord Blackadder, Houston is from North America whereas Earls Court and Hyde Park are British gigs. I don't see a problem with releasing an American gig. The soundboard recording is not the actual multi-track recording. My Melancholy Blues from this show was released on The Miracle EP(with The Miracle and Stone Cold Crazy(live)). Of course, Americans were different in responding to Europeans. Houston had the best setlist. Also, Brian's guitar solo after Freddie's vocal solo was amazing. This show was amazing. Big deal about the crowd being different from that of Europeans!

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"