Forums > Personal > Do you believe in..........................................................

forum rss feed
Author

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Evolution? I'm only asking because I know some Schools in the States ban any mention of Charles Darwin's Origin of the Species.

So now whole generations are growing up believing we all come from Adam and Eve? I'll blame Bush its easier,

Guess who's back?
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ofcourse i believe in evolution. Whats there to believe

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not believing in evolution is like not believing in gravity

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Evolutionist here, checking in. That's what I grew up believing, and I was even tought that in school.

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To quote the world famous philosopher Howard of Stern... "There's nothing intelligent about 'intelligent' design"

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bush, yes I wanna say something about him... But... What? Is this about evolution?! Damned... Well... Yes I believe in evolution. Only in evolution. I'm out of all religions, by the way.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe in both evolution and Creation.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps God created Evolution???

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Indeed this is what i believe.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

not believing in evolution is like not believing in gravity

They actually tried to prove to people gravity didn't exist. Sick huh?

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>Andy<font color=red>38 wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Indeed this is what i believe.

Makes sense.

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

thats crap...doesnt explain how one person is here before anyone else.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 05, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought this thread was going to be about magic. Anyway, I think 'believing' in something is ridiculous, but rather one should 'assume temporarily for specific purposes.' Of course, it's much more practical to assume that evolution did occur than to assume that creationism occurred.

Not to mention that I am fairly certain that if President Bush were confronted about creationism, he would almost certainly support the teaching of evolution in schools. It's unreasonable to even consider him in this.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's the point of believing that God created evolution? Why does it matter where it (or anything) came from? Have we nothing better to do than wonder about things that can't be proven? We're here in the world right now, so let's make the best of what we do know and can prove. I can't believe how people can spend so long wasting their time trying to prove the unprovable.

Science is the study of proving things by testable measures. Philsophy covers what science cannot cover. Creationism comes from philosophy, since religion falls under philosophy. There is not one bit of scientific evidence claiming that an invisible man in the sky created anything, so until that can be proven, it cannot be entertained as a remote possibility, as it is thus a waste of precious time.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

What's the point of believing that God created evolution? Why does it matter where it (or anything) came from? Have we nothing better to do than wonder about things that can't be proven? We're here in the world right now, so let's make the best of what we do know and can prove. I can't believe how people can spend so long wasting their time trying to prove the unprovable.

Science is the study of proving things by testable measures. Philsophy covers what science cannot cover. Creationism comes from philosophy, since religion falls under philosophy. There is not one bit of scientific evidence claiming that an invisible man in the sky created anything, so until that can be proven, it cannot be entertained as a remote possibility, as it is thus a waste of precious time.

well said!

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but 90% of all discussion and practice is, by your definition, a waste of precious time.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

i do. i also believe there have been civilization...hard to explain but youd think im crazy

i think its annoying to have ppl preach fake shit like this...

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

its sad but hilarious. these people....i tell ya.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Like our old mate Roger I believe religion does fuck people up.

Guess who's back?
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is turning into one of my Moral Philosophy seminars.........sigh...

And i thought it was the Christmas holidays...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

That is a great sentence even though I am a devout, born-again Atheist.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 05, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but 90% of all discussion and practice is, by your definition, a waste of precious time.

And that's what concerns me deeply. I stand by what I said. I can't believe that we, the intelligent species we are, often have nothing better to do than worry about metaphysical things and ideas that will never be proven. Every minute wasted talking intelligent design, or selfishily focusing on one's "personal salvation", is a minute not spent doing something that actually may make a difference. I won't be bothered to make a list of what those things could be in this needy world of ours. Anyone who is aware should know.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca