Forums > Personal > Foo's, Earls Court, tomorrow...

forum rss feed
Author

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...anyone here going?

Out of interest, are you going to take a camera (digital or otherwise)?

The ticket says "no audio or visual devices", but I assume they mean of the motion-capturing variety rather than straight photo-taking?

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Use spy glasses that look like you're wearing them as glasses for reading, etc., but it's really a digital camera! Wow!
Actually, those are about 200 bucks. You dont want them.

Back whenever
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanted to go :(

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got lucky via eBay - although it cost me a lot more...

They're going to come back and tour again next year, but it will an acoustic set, which is pretty cool, I'd keep your eyes open for those.

bitesthedust... should photography be permitted, I'll try and upload some snaps and give you a shout.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

I got lucky via eBay - although it cost me a lot more...

They're going to come back and tour again next year, but it will an acoustic set, which is pretty cool, I'd keep your eyes open for those.

bitesthedust... should photography be permitted, I'll try and upload some snaps and give you a shout.

ok ta...

I was aware of the tour, but not possible for me as far as the London gigs were concerned. Maybe next year...

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish! I'm in Los Angeles, though, so that could prove a bit of a problem.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 05, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was serving some dude in tesco's today and he wnated 45 quid cashback, I didnt have many notes, or other chnage so alot of it was in 50p's, and he goes 'Ah Well, The Chage will come in handy, im going to earls court'. Must have been going to see them.

Poor bastid. they suck.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

I was serving some dude in tesco's today and he wnated 45 quid cashback, I didnt have many notes, or other chnage so alot of it was in 50p's, and he goes 'Ah Well, The Chage will come in handy, im going to earls court'. Must have been going to see them.

Poor bastid. they suck.

Who suck - the Foo's? You may want to get your head checked son.

They were fucking awesome last night. I never thought I'd get to see Dave Grohl drum! When Taylor came out to sing his song, he dedicated it to "my old pal Rog" which I can only assume is our Roger. Then, Mr Grohl threw his sticks into the crowd, and my pal managed to get one, however some huge prick snatched it off of her - wasnt happy. Either way, if I never see another gig again, I'll be happy now I've seen the Foo's.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt that someone who's first name is Taylor is related to someone who's last name is Taylor

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont like the Foo's because they are bland, dull, and forgetable. They dont stand out at all, they're just like lots of other equally dull grunge rock bands.

Also they should all be lined up and shot for attempting to cover Have A Cigar - Pink Floyd.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 05, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm goning to see the foo's tomorrow night in the Point in dublin cant wait hope they do there queen tribute like they did during the oxygen festival in the summer that was cool.... xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich

Posted: 20 Dec 05, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

I dont like the Foo's because they are bland, dull, and forgetable. They dont stand out at all, they're just like lots of other equally dull grunge rock bands.

Also they should all be lined up and shot for attempting to cover Have A Cigar - Pink Floyd.

I would hardly call the Foo's grunge. At the end of the day, grunge was a word made up for Nirvana, Soundgarden and Mother Love Bone - they all hated the word. At the end of the day, Dave Grohl is an abolsute legend, and Sunday night he was awesome. Also, are you aware our very own Brian May plays on Have A Cigar with the Foo's? Perhaps that may change your opinion?

And for those of you talking about Taylor being related to Rog... Taylor Hawkins real name is actually Oliver Hawkins, and he only calls himself Taylor because Rog is one of his drum heroes, which is pretty cool.

Wreckage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 759 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 05, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw them at Earls Court and Saturday, and I'm still buzzing. How on earth does Dave manage to keep his scream so strong (whilst running all over the place) for two hours solid?! Truly one of the best rock frontmen today (and one of the best drummers too).

If you can't beat them with brains, beat them with bullshit
Wreckage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 759 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 05, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

Hmm, you'd have to shoot a certain Mr May - (who played lead on the Foo's excellent (IMO) 'Cigar' cover) too, then. Do you really want that?

If you can't beat them with brains, beat them with bullshit