Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Cameras at Chicago shows

forum rss feed
Author

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 05, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I get chastised for asking this, so be it....

I read on Allstate Arena's website that no "cameras or recording devices" will be allowed at any concerts and that everyone will be checked at the door. Silly and naive, I know, but how do people get cameras past these checkpoints?? (because I know they do).... Do these rules generally apply to cell phones with camera features?

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alright, thanks for the reply. Will give it a shot and see what happens......

P-Tr extinction event user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 492 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok to add my 2 cents: as a notorious video bootlegger myself:it purely depends on the venue and the local security guys. In some places making video recordings were allowed, in some other places even digital photo cameras were forbidden to use. I was caught 2 times at this tour with my video camera, and i always got it back - in one case, including the tape with half of the show recorded already.... I dont see any problems with digital photo cameras most of the time... if you want to video it, that is always harder, and remember to choose a seat far from the stage and upstairs in the balcony.... just my thoughts. I was searched at 2 of the 11 venues i attended, and even there i could easily hide my camera in my backpack...

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the advice. I think I can pull it off.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 05, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope I'll be able to go! It's in March, right? It just so happens that I got a keychain digital camera (seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/zander8605/misc%20images/Photo003.jpg) for Christmas so I might use that if I'm going to take pics. But then, I might find a way to take my regular camera. *crosses fingers*

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 05, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No offense, Zander, but I don't think anything would come out at a concert with a keychain camera. I took my old digital camera to an Elton John show a while back, and literally all the pics came out black. My mom got me a new camera this Christmas, so hopefully I'll be able to snap a few good pics at one of the Queen shows we're goin' to.

RedSpecial1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's work together on this one, jcrawford... I just bought a new digital camera, and I'll be damned if I'll let the highlight of my life thus far go unphotographed!

You don't have to be bigger. Just louder.
fredrogbrijohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I brought a 35mm to the Continental Arena. No one even checked but I had it in my coat pocket just in case. I was told as long as it's not a "professional" camera they don't care; i.e. interchangeable lenses, etc.

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RedSpecial1979 wrote:

Let's work together on this one, jcrawford... I just bought a new digital camera, and I'll be damned if I'll let the highlight of my life thus far go unphotographed!

I agree. I will NOT come back to Arkansas empty handed. Whatever it takes......