Forums > Queen - General Discussion > ROTC: one of the year's worst

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Return of the Champions" was listed as one of the worst albums of the year:

http://www.entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,17641806-7484,00.html?from=rss

Can't say that I disgree here.

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, Lily, they shouldn't have released this inferior album. Oh,Well

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some just can't be satisfied. Queen embarked on a full-fledged worldwide tour, something that we all thought would never happen again, and even released a CD and DVD to commemorate the occasion, and some of us still remain dissatisfied. I, for one, was very satisfied with the DVD.

rockit22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 22:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Remember folks, the press has always been like that with Queen. Even when Freddie was alive, they had to struggle with the press. The album Queen II did not get good reviews, it was said to be over the top. And I bet Live Killers or Live Magic did not get the best reviews. But when Freddie died, then suddenly they realized what a great talent he was. And so the story goes: Now they complain that Freddie is missing on the album. Why can`t they just love the music while they are alive?

On the other side: Only true artists, are the ones that get negative reviews in their lifetime, and get hounoured when passed away... it is very often the case.

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bitch4Freddie, are you honestly that selfish that you do not want us younger fans to enjoy the glory of a Queen concert?

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 05, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the diferences between me and a music jornalist,is that they get paiyd to write they're opinion/personal taste in a newspaper,and i don't.

they have personal tastes,so do i,so do all people in the world,but some get money just to say what they like.

but in same cases is as it right,hip hop sucks...and in my opinion,the person who thinked a frog doing TRRIIMMM trimmmm and put that in a song (many songs actually,crazy hits,crazy xmas hits) must be shoot in the head

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I odnt give a fuck what the fucking press say... and you have to ignore that... like Brian says; the press puts a barrier between music en the people.. and he is right... that same people is the people that puts Ashlee Simpson and all that crappy/no talent people in the covers of music magazines... and using space in the same magazines that 30 years ago ocuppated Zepellin, Queen and The Beatles...i don´t know...

Duck them... Queen+PR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen rocks!
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Screw the press, you should create your own opinion anyways and why can't anyone just enjoy it for what it is?

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Ayreon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i desagree. Like the album!

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Reading that article is a pure waist of time!!

Take care

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mrjordy wrote:

In my biased opinion (as if it really matters, in the scheme of things - but none the less) ROTC was by far my favorite album of 2005. I can't imagine that one would listen to "Reaching Out" blend into one of the best, rockingest versions of "Tie Your Mother..." without getting goosebumps. ROTC is no more than a run of the mill live album, but it just so happens to be a run of the mill live album from the remaining members of Queen, paired with the bluesy, lovely voice of Paul Rodgers.

Like him or hate him, Paul Rodgers has given Brian and Roger whatever motivation necessary to once again grace the stage with the music of Queen.

Thankyou I agree

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I agree that the rock critics are morons. Still, do you people really think that Paul Rodgers is an acceptable alternative for Freddie Mercury?!! NO WAY! For that reason, I am actually with the critics on this issue.

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bitch4Freddie wrote:

Yeah, I agree that the rock critics are morons. Still, do you people really think that Paul Rodgers is an acceptable alternative for Freddie Mercury?!! NO WAY! For that reason, I am actually with the critics on this issue.

HE IS NOT A REPLACEMENT DIPSHIT!

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROTC was a fine release, IMO.

The DVD was better than the CD, and I was impressed with it (except for the lack of bonus material)

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bitch4Freddie wrote:

The biggest thing that Brian, Roger, and even Paul have been stressing for over a year is that Paul is NOT a replacement for Freddie. Do you see Paul singing in a leotard and prancing around? Clearly you are not much of a Queen fan if you haven't come across even one interview or statement from Brian, Roger, or Paul on this issue. They've made their point dozens of times.

If you don't like the new collaboration, then fine. But why are you wasting your time at a generally pro-Queen forum, spouting your dislike? Really, what are you trying to accomplish?

However, I'd like to note that after calling rock critics 'morons', you then proceeded to say you agree with them. How interesting.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, ive yet to see Bitch4Freddie have a positive post about Queens current ventures.
And ive also yet to see Brian May or Roger ask her opinion on such ventures.

I agree with the QOW's idea why deprive us younger fans of this great thing.

I also agree music journalists screw everything up in their slanted writings *cough*RollingStone*cough*

And the fact has been mentioned verbatem that Pauls not replacing freddie.

So lets stop feeding the spammers.

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People,
Yes, in fact Paul Rodgers did replace Freddie Mercury on the "Return of the Champions" cd. He sang in Freddie Mercury's place and so he is therefore a replacement. There is no way to really get around this fundamental fact. You say, "Well, its just temporary". But if it is "temporary", then why does he keep scheduling more and more concerts? People, stop stretching the meanings of words! Some of you sound like a bunch of lawyers.

calcium user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed. Paul is a piece of trash, sings Freddies songs just to get the fame and money. I really can't stand him, and yes he is replacing Freddie

calcium user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also. I'm sure Freddie wouldn't love the idea of somebody singing his songs, and somebody being in the spot that HE used to be in. (And i know that some of you say that Freddie wouldn't care what happens after his death, and so on.) I dont think that he would even like somebody "Fronting" (Replacing!) his place. It's his spot, thats it.

Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

calcium wrote:

Also. I'm sure Freddie wouldn't love the idea of somebody singing his songs, and somebody being in the spot that HE used to be in. (And i know that some of you say that Freddie wouldn't care what happens after his death, and so on.) I dont think that he would even like somebody "Fronting" (Replacing!) his place. It's his spot, thats it.

How do you know that?