Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Sweet Lady at Hyde Park 1976 of the classic album ANATO dvd

forum rss feed
Author

JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a lot of people here saw a part of clasic album "ANATO" on the dutch tv channel Veronica and on the BBC2. They showed a part of Sweet Lady and "39 (if I remember it well) and it looked great. It looked like they made the picture quality a lot better, it was really sharp and clear. The sound was also much better that the actually recording most of us have. Somewhere I read they have a mastertape recording the archives. A good one. This one didn't have the false sound. So I guess, if they want to release a seventies dvd this would be the best choice. Great setlist, great vocals and a great place (Hyde Park), a lot of good audience. The concert has been filmed pretty well. You can see and hear the audience !!

What do you think ? Hyde Park as the next dvd ?

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think "39 sounded pretty good and not false or am I wrong ?

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, the mastertape is damaged, sadly. Audience recordings of this show proof that they DIDN'T sound false. Also the echo machine DID work during The Prophet's Song.

Yes, the chance is very little that this is going to be the next DVD release. Maybe a part of the box set (yes, dream on).

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Todays computer wizardry can produce miracles...

Dislocate your spine...

Posted: 25 Dec 05, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have a look at this, I don't know if this is true ,but this person is talking about the fact that the band has got the original master tapes of the concert. It's from a dutch queensite. And why would also clean up the picture quality of "39 (that almost the half of the concert at that point) if the sound is bad and not possible to be cleaned up like dennis says ? btw : I thought the sound of "39 was cleaned up but I can't remember very well.

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So why did Capital Gold want to broadcast it during the ORIGINAL Q+PR Hyde Park date if the tape was damaged? I think they had permission to broadcast the master tape.

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[ Wybren™ ] wrote:

So why did Capital Gold want to broadcast it during the ORIGINAL Q+PR Hyde Park show if the tape was damaged? I think they had permission to broadcast the master tape.

True, but in the end they didn't broadcasted it.

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Rick wrote:

[ Wybren™ ] wrote:

So why did Capital Gold want to broadcast it during the ORIGINAL Q+PR Hyde Park show if the tape was damaged? I think they had permission to broadcast the master tape.

True, but in the end they didn't broadcasted it.

That was because the gig was postponed I think. I still think QP has a good copy of the audio master or they'd fixed the original master tape .

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, due to the attacks in London at the time. Stupid terrorists.

Loser In The End user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you know the master tapes are damaged? There must have been several "master tapes" (stereo or mono soundboard feed & then 2 sets from the mobile recording unit - stereo and the multitracks). The bootleg video sounds like it is just a soundboard recording & it doesn't sound "false"?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Loser In The End wrote:

How do you know the master tapes are damaged? There must have been several "master tapes" (stereo or mono soundboard feed & then 2 sets from the mobile recording unit - stereo and the multitracks). The bootleg video sounds like it is just a soundboard recording & it doesn't sound "false"?

There is a lot of folklore in the Queen world. Somehow the video has been thought to be the only possible audio recording recorded by the band at Hyde Park, but some of us know better.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca