Forums > Personal > Christmas fights

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My girlfriend and I were talking about a topic that is apparently far more common than we thought it was...

How come family reunions at special times (Christmas, Thanksgivngs, Birthdays, etc.) end up turning into fights? Sometimes it stars by a silly comment or a bad joke, which is told by someone without thinking of the consecuences, or completely blown out context by the person who finds it offensive. Then you have a whole family split and a precious moment turned into a bitter situation.

Anyone here ever experienced this?


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your relatives.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

suck my dick van dyke

:)


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never. Uh...is it only family gatherings during holidays? Or just family gatherings in general? I think what is happening is that since most family gatherings happen during such holidays, you are just making the association?


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

My dad once knocked out my cousin one New Years eve. My dad had been out and saw our Douglas banging on store windows dressed in his royal navy uniform. My father decided to bring him home to the house to avoid him being arrested. Douglas then preceeded to work himself with my mother and a few others. Dad knocked him out in the passage. Douglas came back later New Years day and apologised.



Never had a physical fight in my family (...so far).

However, my family has fights over the silliest things. Once my aunt was mad because my grandma made this comment on why did she give a truck to my little girl cousin to put her toys inside. My grandma thought that giving a truck to a girl was "too boyish". Then there was this other fight when one of my cousins wanted to bring her cats to the family gathering, but my grandma went beserk because she hates cats, plus she's allergic, and has asthma.

The only time where there was some serious fight was when some money left somewhere was missing, and each grown up was blaming someone else's kid of taking it.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Never. Uh...is it only family gatherings during holidays? Or just family gatherings in general? I think what is happening is that since most family gatherings happen during such holidays, you are just making the association?


I'd say family gatherings in general, but since most families only gather during holidays, then it becomes more common to see fights going on. Sometimes due to having someone drinking a little bit too much.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Music Man wrote:

Never. Uh...is it only family gatherings during holidays? Or just family gatherings in general? I think what is happening is that since most family gatherings happen during such holidays, you are just making the association?


I'd say family gatherings in general, but since most families only gather during holidays, then it becomes more common to see fights going on. Sometimes due to having someone drinking a little bit too much.


That makes sense, since on holiday occasions there is often a lot more alcoholic consumption then, say, a family picnic.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.