Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Uniondale & St. Paul: Waste of space?

forum rss feed
Author

magicmatze user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have downloaded these DVD'S here on QZ and they have a size of nearly 1GB each. It would be a waste of DVD's, if I would burn them on seperate disks. I know that I could make a data disk but I want to wath them on a DVD-player. So my quetion, how could I make one Video-DVD out of'em?

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why don't you just use Nero. That will let you drop the vob files into a video_ts folder and then go on to create a menu.

Dislocate your spine...
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't fucking download them then you ungrateful twat.

Someone goes to the effort of filming some of it, someone else goes to the trouble of transferring it to DVD, and a third person specifically goes to the selfless trouble of uploading it for free for you, and all you can say is "75% of a $1 blank DVD would be wasted if I burnt this to it"

You fucking cheap cunt.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Someone goes to the effort of filming some of it, someone else goes to the trouble of transferring it to DVD, and a third person specifically goes to the selfless trouble of uploading it for free for you, and all you can say is "75% of a $1 blank DVD would be wasted if I burnt this to it"

You fucking cheap cunt.

Amen.

Kevin Spacey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

You fucking cheap cunt.

rightly said!!!

Punctuality is the thief of time
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be fair, I don't think the original poster implied in any way that he was ungrateful for the downloads.

His question merely seemed to be: "How can I burn 2 separate files on to 1 DVD?", which to me is a justified technical question, entirely separate from the issue of whether any particular files were worth downloading or not.

The 'waste of space' in the subject title clearly refers to the fact that he would like to make the most of the available space on the DVD, which is nice to see in these of disposable consumerism.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

You fucking cheap cunt.

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my english! :(
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

his question was how to make a dvd out of them and of course all of the so called 'fans' in this board naturally attack the guy. Yes the english wasnt exactly dictionary perfect but my god can you losers actually read? or infact try to understand and digest a question that is actually asking for help?
So ill suggest to the usual rabble READ and UNDERSTAND and dont look foolish because sadly you are

martinjkstones
drwinston99 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

You fucking cheap cunt.

What an insightful reply. Someone asks a question about saving disc space, and they bring out the intelligent side of Penetration Guru. Very well written, good sir. And let me respond to you in a manner which you can understand:

Karma's a bitch, asshole...

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

You fucking cheap cunt.

I somehow feel the original question was WAY misunderstood.

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 05, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

drwinston99 wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

You fucking cheap cunt.

What an insightful reply. Someone asks a question about saving disc space, and they bring out the intelligent side of Penetration Guru. Very well written, good sir. And let me respond to you in a manner which you can understand:

Karma's a bitch, asshole...

I don't think he was trying to be an asshole simply for the sake of being an asshole. He apparently felt the original poster was being unappreciative. Inappropriate, but understandable.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There seems to be a dichotomy between the topic title and the topic message. The topic title implies that these two concert are a waste, while the topic message only asks how to combine the concerts onto one DVD. However, it seems clear to me that the topic starter appreciated the concert videos, but unfortunately misworded the topic title.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On second thought, burn the German bastard!! ;)

Please note: I used 2 exclamation points.

Nah - What the Hell - burn me too :(

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see there was a big discussion on my simple question. I never said or thought that these concert are a waste, it's the total opoosite, these are the best audience-recordings I have ever seen and I have nearly all of the known recordings. I just wanted to put them on one disk, that I don't have to change the disks. It has nothing to do with saving money and those guys.who said that I'm a cheap cunt, and those who agreed, are just stupid and unable to read correctly. Bastards!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love and peaceful world...

Good old sweet Queen fans in action...

Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is truly unbelievable to be so agressive all the time here on this forum. The ego's are so so so big and that's why I don't post so much.

Please be a little more careful to eachother and don't slam so quickly. Why not to ask that person what he exactly meant?

This is the disadvantage of internet, you can't have a discussion via email or posting because you can't see the emotion.

Please just count untill ten sometimes, you self also make mistakes sometimes (not that he did now)

Thank you thank you thank you

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicmatze wrote:

I have downloaded these DVD'S here on QZ and they have a size of nearly 1GB each. It would be a waste of DVD's, if I would burn them on seperate disks. I know that I could make a data disk but I want to wath them on a DVD-player. So my quetion, how could I make one Video-DVD out of'em?

I wanted to know the same thing, so thanks for asking.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe you can stick those concerts in your arse, that will fit.

And "waste of space", that's quite negative, mate. Why wouldn't you burn them seperately, what's the big deal. Please, for God's sake.

Dennis (who is also a member of this place) burns each concert individually on a single DVD (even if the show is only 5 minutes), he doesn't care about it. He doesn't want compilations.

In other words: What is your problem?

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much.

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 05, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

like i said theres a lot of people on this board who should THINK before they post but unfortunately........they dont. reading and actually understanding threads is beyond them

martinjkstones