forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish the notice board - mainly the personal board - would not be the playground for bullies, rude people and babies of all ages anymore.

I wish attention seekers would not use marquees, huge fonts and shrieking colours to make up for the lack of intelligence.

I wish people would abstain from posting threads that have no other content than "nana" "poopoo" etc. People like these should not have internet.

I wish people would not start topics bullying other members of the board with the rudest possible insults.

I wish more users of this board would appreciate that it does exist and allows for discussion with no censorship.

I wish that regular users of the board would start to defend the board against the brainless idiots instead of leaving. It's us who define the tone and the atmosphere of the board.

To put it bluntly:

If you shit on your playground to annoy other people you will make it unusable for yourself!

I do not want any google ads here.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldnt have said it any better myself.

Happy New Year to you.

Sean :o)

Chom own mudder fukker.
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree...

people should be tolerant of other people's opinions and respect them regardless of whether they agree or not.

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I wish the notice board - mainly the personal board - would not be the playground for bullies, rude people and babies of all ages anymore.

I wish attention seekers would not use marquees, huge fonts and shrieking colours to make up for the lack of intelligence.

I wish people would abstain from posting threads that have no other content than "nana" "poopoo" etc. People like these should not have internet.

I wish people would not start topics bullying other members of the board with the rudest possible insults.

I wish more users of this board would appreciate that it does exist and allows for discussion with no censorship.

I wish that regular users of the board would start to defend the board against the brainless idiots instead of leaving. It's us who define the tone and the atmosphere of the board.

To put it bluntly:

If you shit on your playground to annoy other people you will make it unusable for yourself!

Well in my humble opinion I think it's still a "public" forum meaning that everybody can post silly,stupid,nice,akward,interesting topics ...

It's like TV : if we don't like it we switch the channel, if we don't like a post: we don't respond ... So I am not to judge people's input on this forum how stupid it might be. If you don't like somebody's input, you can ignore it...

Just my humble opinion ...

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right, Stefan - but if Queenzone becomes the QVC of the notice boards people switch it off and leave it to the brainless idiots. I do not want this to happen. It's my right as a user to voice my opinion and I am appealing that people cherish the board more and abuse it less. I do not think this is asked too much.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok I understand... but your initial post was in my opinion a bit harsh ...

Stefan

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attention seeking is putting a thread about someone else like

Linda of the Vally=Uncivil Poster

FreddiesGhettoTrench A degree of Retardation

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A small amount of moderating on occasion would be appreciated, where common sense applies. So many great posters have dropped off in the past year. It's the most informative Queen NG I've come across, and yet.....well, no need to go on with the some of the obvious.

Also....that many would discover google.com. It's incredible what the web has to offer.

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a small amount of moderation? It sounds like George W Bush's Patriot Act ...

Let people speak and let Richard (or any moderator on this site) decide for themselfes if they want to delete posts... This site might be "public" but it's still owned by Richard (if I am correct). If he wishes to moderate all messages, that is fine with me, if he wishes to moderate a few , thats fine with me ... He owns the domain, the site, and only he is allowed to make moderations according to his liking. But if Richard feels it should be an open forum, than let it be ... nothing else is more important than his view because in fact he created, maintains and owns this site ...

Its like sending an open letter to a newspaper, the editor will in fact choose if he wants to publish your "post" ...since Richards allows anyone to post who is registered and there are no rules set when signing up for this site we should just not judge the dumb and ignorant on this site, we can easily ignore them ...and as I said, Richard makes or breaks the rules on HIS site!

Stefan

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen, Barbara.
What I can't stand the most is when people get rude on this board. I don't really agree with those who say that well, it is just the internet. The internet is a way of being together. The only big difference is that we can hide behind a screen. This doesn't give us the right to offend and insult those who have different opinions or those we don't like for any reason.

Fairy

“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie

http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

_Sasha_ wrote:

<marquee>Queen Of Wrestling</marquee> wrote:

Attention seeking is putting a thread about someone else like

Linda of the Vally=Uncivil Poster

FreddiesGhettoTrench A degree of Retardation

You did notice the marquee part right?

She said to make up for lack of attention.

Not a problem for me

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine pretty much said it all.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color =#CC00FF>***Marial-B*** wrote:

If we talk about attention seeking... not only a marquee would do that... there are attitudes in people here who are just as simple as a seeking for attention.

I get my attention through quality of what I post.

This MArquee helps me find where I post.

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The n00b's here are getting worse everyday.

Comprende muchacho.

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Red>LiveAidQueen wrote:

You were new once too.

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0099>Linda Of The Valley wrote:

<marquee>Queen Of Wrestling</marquee> wrote:

<font color=Red>LiveAidQueen wrote:

You were new once too.

Everyone was. I still consider myself a n00b here. I don't think newbie bashing is acceptable but some people are just too cocky here...after they've joined for like a month. *rolls eyes*

Ps wasn't talking about you hun :P But your post on marquee was too cocky..you'd think you invented the bloody tag...:P

You mean on this thread or when I ask why everyone takes it all the sudden?

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice post YV, I'm sure it will help some, but I doubt most will change their behavior.

I suppose I could do more to stand up to the offenders, but I now skip most QZ topics (often based on topic "author" or topic title).

Has there been any thought to reinstituting the Fanasy Forum? LOL

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

Amen, Barbara.
What I can't stand the most is when people get rude on this board. I don't really agree with those who say that well, it is just the internet. The internet is a way of being together. The only big difference is that we can hide behind a screen. This doesn't give us the right to offend and insult those who have different opinions or those we don't like for any reason.

Fairy

Who am I to judge that a marquee means "attention seeking" ... sorry, why are we trying to attack others for that?

And secondly everbody tends to look over the fact that this site is owned by Richard! So we can ask politely for nice posts on the forum, but if it doesnt happen we should not complain, but ignore.

It's Richard in the end who makes up the rules, and since there are none, who are we to critize other people or WHO are we to say which posts are dumn,stupid,ignorant or irritating ...

YV post: " I wish the notice board - mainly the personal board - would not be the playground for bullies, rude people and babies of all ages anymore. "

"I wish attention seekers would not use marquees, huge fonts and shrieking colours to make up for the lack of intelligence."

sorry barbara, are you the one who decides how one should be behaving? I know you are a respected Queenzoner but this attitude of almost "telling" (in your words: "wishing") people , is that right?

"I wish people would abstain from posting threads that have no other content than "nana" "poopoo" etc. People like these should not have internet."

Again barbara, who are you to say that people who post messages with "nana" and "poopoo" should not have internet? If Richard doesnt like the post he will remove them, since he doesnt, respect the freedom of speech , how dumb you might find the posts!

"I wish people would not start topics bullying other members of the board with the rudest possible insults."

What are you doing Barbara? Are you setting the rules and regulations? Ofcourse we like people to be nice, thats why you are using "I wish" , but in fact you might be saying "I want" ...? again, what is rude,who defines rude?

Everybody seems to agree with Barbara, since she is well respected here , but in my opinion it doesnt help to improve the atmosphere by putting it so "bluntly" as Barbara said...

Since it's an open forum a request for nice polite and normal posts will never be reality in the end,therefore it's YV wish (no problem with that) but the "I wish" thing is put rather harsh ...

...So instead of requesting it, why just dont ignore it since Richard has made no set of rules regarding posting on HIS (read: HIS! read: HIS) website!

ofcourse we can ask for nice, and normal and friendly conversation that is always appriciated, I agree , BUT when it doesnt happen who am I (!) or you or ANYBODY (but Richard) to judge other people? Let Richard be the one to decide,and since he doesnt set out any rules we can post whatever we want. And ofcourse if you dont like a certain post you can comment, or react OR dont react....Free choice people, and freedom of speech!

It is still Richard's site WE are using .... And I am glad Richard is leaving everything open and not editing any messages, if he tends to do so it his right, if not it's also his right (or any moderators on this site)

Again, I am just seeing through YV words that instead of wishing she means "wanting" , but I know she puts her words politely, and I tend to do the same ... The difference is that I dont tell OTHERS what to do on a "public" forum ...

This is just my humble opinion!

Stefan

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've followed this post for most of the day...I agree with what Barbara, Linda & Mari all commented...but I'll just add my twopenneth.

If a particular person does not like another person or does not the content of a particular thread, I believe the best thing to do is simply ignore them or it, rather than starting fights...

I'll hold my hands up and fully accept in the past I have contributed on one or two occasions to stupid arguments here but I have seen the light, so to speak.

Unfortunately this particular forum is a free-for-all, like the General Discussion and in these particular forums is where the aforementioned problems occur.

I do believe more courtesy should be shown to others in terms of requesting a particular unofficial show, but that's my opinion....especially if it's no longer available via the original torrent or rapidshare links (Montreal 1982 for example).

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YV a terrific post....

its a shame most here do not understand how special the zone is and have to take advantage of its openess and freedom from big brother...

its also a shame they can not take responsiblity for their own actions, bits of attention, cruelty and meanspiritness and instead find excuses for why it is ok.....

you of course will be critizied and so on for speaking the truth... why it seems to be happening already....it wont be seen as level headed, comman sense by many....just another post to bitch and complain about....

as i have said on the NB many times over the years-- we make the NB what it is... by our words, actions and treatment of others....it shows our true character whether we like admitting it or not--

i have been here longer then almost all of you.... i remember the days where the NB and chat were full and active... where there were no fights, no name calling, a time when we all became friends outside of the internet...

assholes and trouble makers were met full on by all of us..together.... we looked our for each other because we were family..

not so these days in most cases....

i am grateful and thankful to call many of you family and friend..

I am grateful that there actually is a cool generally unmoderated place on the internet that people can get together, lean about each other, trade stories, meet up in real life, and so on

something so opposite of the norm of internet life

and i too hope in 2006 others around here realize that and do their part to help make this place better...

good job my dear!

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)