Forums > Personal > My sandwich

forum rss feed
Author

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a true story about a sandwich:

I was in Tesco and I saw a sandwich. A cheese and onion sandwich, my favourite kind. It was reduced from 99p to 60p and I thought I would buy it. So I picked it up and went to the ten items or less counter and then this woman with a huge basket full of stuff pushes in in front of me. She had seventeen items which was made even more annoying by the facts that I had only one, she forgot her PIN and had to look through her handbag for it and that she had shoved her way in. When I got to the checkout eventually the guy (who I swear was barely older than me and I'm only 15) says "I can't sell you that, mate. It's from the cafe." I said to him that it was in the sandwich cooler from the main shop, but he still said I had to pay for it at the cafe. Why does it matter which till you pay at? Arsehole.

So I went over to the cafe and the woman who was there took ages typing everything into the till, then realised it was reduced. She didn't even scan it in. I gave her the 60p and left. The alarm didn't go off, so I could just have walked out with it in the first place. What a hassle!

I am eating the sandwich right now. It has calmed me a bit from all the horror of buying it, but I'm still mad. The only consollation is that it is a VERY VERY VERY good sandwich.

(This can also be read in my blog).

This can't end well.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for your concern.

*Takes seven mints. Sasha does not have the heart to stop him after the hell he has been through.*

This can't end well.