Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Mercury mentioned in a suicide note...

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heres something i didnt know...
Even Kurt Cobain admired freddie and even mentioned him in his own suicide note!

..."I have not felt the excitement of listening to, as well as creating, music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things. For example, when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins, it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd, which is something I totally admire and envy."

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always found that interesting, given that Nirvana seemed to stand against everything that Queen was for.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's "Freddie" there, not "Freddie", as I remember.

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

It's "Freddie" there, not "Freddie", as I remember.

yeah i couldnt help it! *cries* i just HAD to correct it!!!! lol

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

good point, captain!

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you were the official Qzone reporter, this ten year old news would be in the current news section.

Bully for you

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 06, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like I always say, Kurt Cobain was a loser. I don't understand why anyone would think he's any sort of great musician. He wrote a catchy song and killed himself. Get over it.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Like I always say, Kurt Cobain was a loser. I don't understand why anyone would think he's any sort of great musician. He wrote a catchy song and killed himself. Get over it.

ditto

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

wasn't this discussed 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3years ago, 2 years ago and last year? This is probably posted to keep the tradition alive. At least I hope.

yes...like that WWRY toy truck posted few days ago in "LATEST QUEEN NEWS"... that truck was realesed one year ago (don't know for sure) but still they post... the same thing separeted by days!

i sugest...how about someone moderate the "LATEST QUEEN NEWS"? it's not the first time that we get the same news twice...and this WWRY toy truck news it's very old

as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's the key reason I myself admire Freddie the fact that he truely loved what he did, not just for the fame and attention.

It's sad what happened to Kurt, great musician and a damn shame, but seeing how many problems he had it's sadly not a surprise.

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen4ever2 wrote:

people shouldn't just get over it.
It's like saying to some Queen fans get over Freddie...impossible.

exactly! i applaud you! lol

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like him, whiney bitch.

Comprende muchacho.
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

wasn't this discussed 5 years ago, 4 years ago, 3years ago, 2 years ago and last year? This is probably posted to keep the tradition alive. At least I hope.

well spotted the_hero i though id gone back in time old news every year someone brings this up!!!!

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen4ever2 wrote:

Freddie didn't have the choice to live or die. Kurt did. Freddie could play guitar. Kurt couldn't. Freddie could write great music. Kurt couldn't. Freddie could write great lyrics. Kurt couldn't. Freddie made great music. Kurt didn't. Need I go on?

Everyone says "Nirvana this, Nirvana that" just because they heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and enjoyed it. Big deal. Don't even begin to compare Nirvana with Queen or I'll cut you.

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

queen4ever2 wrote:

Freddie could play guitar. Kurt couldn't.

Although I agree with you and feel that Kurt Cobain was a waste of viable genetic material, he actually played guitar better than Freddie. Although very sloppy, he had a very distinct way of playing that served his shitty music very fittingly.

Posted: 06 Jan 06, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Red>LiveAidQueen wrote:

I don't like him, whiney bitch.

whiney?

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 06, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

Music Man wrote:

queen4ever2 wrote:

Although I agree with you and feel that Kurt Cobain was a waste of viable genetic material, he actually played guitar better than Freddie. Although very sloppy, he had a very distinct way of playing that served his shitty music very fittingly.

LOL!

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

dixie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 06, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the only thing good that came outta nirvana was dave grohl. who is a music legend

NO MORTAL MAN CAN WIN THIS DAY

Posted: 06 Jan 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

Music Man wrote:

queen4ever2 wrote:

Well, I was also fairly certain Kurt could play guitar a bit better than Freddie, I was making a play at sarcasm - although sometimes I wonder...

dixie wrote:

the only thing good that came outta nirvana was dave grohl. who is a music legend

I have to say, Dave Grohl is a man whose music I love. Or maybe I just love the music videos he makes. Or maybe it's all of the above.

written_in_the_stars user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 357 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 06, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Yeah, I remember the last discussion on this, everyone threw a freaker because he didn't spell his name right. I don't see the problem, half of the people here spell it wrong too.

The only people who still spell Freddie Mercury instead of Freddie are the beginners, you know, the new fans or all the people who aren't still too much familiar with Queen and Freddie. The other fans, the fans who know the band and singer's history and music all spell the name right.

yes it was plain to see, yes it was meant to be...