Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie and Synthesisers

forum rss feed
Author

MercuryPox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somebody know if Freddie sang any songs using synthesisers to modify his vocals?
I remember that the first album "Queen" and the others has this maxim: " No Synthesisers!! "...

Sorry for my bad english!!
Thanks.

Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well in terms of Fred's vocals I think a vocoder is used on Scandal.

hj
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mostly the effects used were manual, Roy explained it sometime... Fred (or any other singer working with Roy) sang a demo of the line, then Roy added the effect (e.g. phasing), then the singer did the actual take with the effect on his headphones and reproduced it a million times better. Not always, but more often than not anyway.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
inmsthebest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 532 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Mostly the effects used were manual, Roy explained it sometime... Fred (or any other singer working with Roy) sang a demo of the line, then Roy added the effect (e.g. phasing), then the singer did the actual take with the effect on his headphones and reproduced it a million times better. Not always, but more often than not anyway.

Sorry for asking but what is phasing?

God, Amazing powerful musicians""
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 06, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phasing is a technique invented by Steve Reich, in which two parts play the same but with slightly different speed at some points, causing them to superimpose diverging and converging.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Iam the one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 574 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 06, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phasing is a cool effect.I got my own Phaser guitar pedal,and you can make quit weird "noise" with it.

Fucking and champagne