Forums > Fan mixes > live remixes X2

forum rss feed
Author

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first one is OK, for what is it, which essentially is two live tracks knitted together. Sounds fine, you can't hear the edit, but couldn't you have faded HTF out at the end, rather than just allowing the crowd noise to cut so abruptly?

The other thing I have to, but hate to say, is that this is probably of the very fringe of what is 'allowed' on here, before the 'official material' police come a bangin' at your door! ;)

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy

Posted: 08 Jan 06, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, you're right, it is a very grey area. I don't make the rules, and certainly have no authority to enforce them, nor would wish to. You've chopped HTF in half, so that probably constitutes as altering it sufficiently lol! It would be nice to have some clarification of this though, as some of my mixes are probably borderline 'illegal' too. :(

Posted: 08 Jan 06, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm... I guess you like Radio Ga Ga! I'm slightly lost for words, because I don't want to shit on your first mix. It sounds like one of those trailers or adverts they put out for new albums - a series of clips, thrown together, with no real sense of continuity or compatability! The WWRY into Tear It Up might have worked, but you need to make a better edit. IWTBF and AOBTD might have actually sounded good, had you done a proper edit between the two tracks, as they are roughly the same tempo. That fade in / out idea doesn't really constitute a 'mix' of two tracks. Shall I go on? Perhaps not. It's a nice idea making a 'live medley', and at least you stuck to one concert, so the sound mix is consistant, but my advice is you need to work on finding compatible edit points, tracks which 'suit' each other, making the transitions smoother, and getting yourself more familiar with the software you are using, so that you can use it to better effect.

Hope that wasn't too harsh - you had some good ideas, but, as you are probably aware yourself, the practical side needs some practice! Hell, you are braver than me - I wouldn't have posted MY first mix on here to be pulled to pieces!

Posted: 09 Jan 06, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can get trial versions of Sony Soundforge, and Adobe Audition, and if you know where to look, you can get full versions of both, for the cost of a couple of hours downloading. ;)