Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie on Blender Magazine

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 06, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was at Rhino Records last night with my gf I flipped thru the pages of Blender Magazine with Kelly Clarkson on the cover, and inside they had a sneak peak of the Special Edition Issue for Feb. and it was somethig about "The 50 Greatest Dead Rock Stars" or something like that. They had #50 which was Nitorious B.I.G. and then there was a picture of Kust Cobain and Freddie. I just wanted to see what number do you guys think Freddie made it to? I would say, since this is an American magazine, and Queen really arent that appreciated here, Freddie came in at #10. What do you guys think?

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 06, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found myself frowning when I read your (true) comment about Queen not being appreciated here in the states. What is UP with that? Pisses me off.

Well... they're appreciated exorbitantly by me! :-) So... let's see, where is Freddie? Out of 50 you say? I'm thinking there's Sinatra, Elvis... I'd guess our dear Freddie would be somewhere around 15 (though he'll always be #1 to me).

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 06, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, i KNow its sad QUeen realy arent that appreciated here but what can we do. I bet theyll but kurt cobain and jerry garcia in front of freddie

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 06, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are many great, dead rock stars. Elvis, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morisson, Kurt Cobain, etc.

Flick of the wrist