Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Are some demos better than the released versions?

forum rss feed
Author

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 06, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just listening to some of these demos that many of you guys are nice enough to put up. I think Delilah is better than the original. More improv sounding vocal bits. Many of those Miracle demos are better as well. They just sound more raw and real to me. Opinions?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 06, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Stealin''
'A New Life Is Born' could become nice song.

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 06, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

'Stealin''
'A New Life Is Born' could become nice song.


New Life is Born? Is that like the beg to Breakthru? Never actually heard the demo. I always thought My Secret Fantasy could have become something really good if worked on lyrically.

~-:Moet et Chandon:-~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 06, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent question, I've always wondered that myself, in if the answer is yes then I really should get my hands on these demos (never had many). Personally I like the studio version of We Will Rock You (BBC) more than any "fast live" rendition of it, and perhaps twice as much as I like the well-known album version.


Trots om 'n Suid-Afrikaner te wees!
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 06, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Serry... wrote:

'Stealin''
'A New Life Is Born' could become nice song.


New Life is Born? Is that like the beg to Breakthru? Never actually heard the demo. I always thought My Secret Fantasy could have become something really good if worked on lyrically.


Yes, its a song based on the beginning of Breakthru. Here it is, enjoy...

http://rapidshare.de/files/11061073/11_A_New_Life_Is_Born.wma.html

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 06, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I gotta go with Feel Like being better than Under Pressure.
But that's just me...


HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
Kaybowser user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 06, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Feel Like too. Not to say anything bad about Under Pressure. I remember when under pressure first came out around here. They were bashing it badly. A radio station here played it 5 times in a row and laughed every time they played it bashing Queen + Bowie.

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 06, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Serry... wrote:

'Stealin''
'A New Life Is Born' could become nice song.


New Life is Born? Is that like the beg to Breakthru? Never actually heard the demo. I always thought My Secret Fantasy could have become something really good if worked on lyrically.


Yes, its a song based on the beginning of Breakthru. Here it is, enjoy...

http://rapidshare.de/files/11061073/11_A_New_Life_Is_Born.wma.html>

Awesome, thanks a bunch

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Demos from HOT SPACE are better IMO than the album versions...
Staying Power foor instance...