Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Favourite from the 70's and 80's

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 06, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Theres just so many i couldn't decide but what do you think is your...

1) favourite song from Queen in the 70's and why
2) favourite video from the 70's and why
3) favourite song from Queen in the 80's and why
4) favourite video from the 80's and why

...there are so many but i would go for
1) bo' rhap or crazy little thing called love because they're so unique.
2) CLTCL (the leather and just the sight of Freddie at that point makes me want to fall to my chair and be fanned for a few hours!
3) God this is hard..er...erm... a kind of magic, one vision, i want it all, breakthru, radio ga ga, i want to break free, man on the prowl...don't make me pick one!
4) I want to break free for obvious reasons! Its so outrageous and sexy!
;)

and of course favourite video of 90's and favourite song...


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

Theres just so many i couldn't decide but what do you think is your...

1) favourite song from Queen in the 70's and why
2) favourite video from the 70's and why
3) favourite song from Queen in the 80's and why
4) favourite video from the 80's and why

...there are so many but i would go for
1) bo' rhap or crazy little thing called love because they're so unique.
2) CLTCL (the leather and just the sight of Freddie at that point makes me want to fall to my chair and be fanned for a few hours!
3) God this is hard..er...erm... a kind of magic, one vision, i want it all, breakthru, radio ga ga, i want to break free, man on the prowl...don't make me pick one!
4) I want to break free for obvious reasons! Its so outrageous and sexy!
;)

and of course favourite video of 90's and favourite song...





1) Bo' Rhap - the most unique/original
Going Back - Freddie's precious young voice
(absolutely beautiful,darling!)
2) Crazy Little Thing Called Love -
Yes,Freddie looked quite sexy in those tight leather pants!
3) A Kind Of Magic,One Vision,I Another
One Bites The Dust,Breakthru,Radio Gaga,Body
Language,Delilah,I Want To Break Free, Man On The Prowl,The Miracle,I'm Going Slightly Mad,and so many more!

Also from Fredde's solo set - In My Defense,
Time,Heaven for Everyone - (beautiful!)
4) I want To Break Free - very outrageous and sexy,dear!
The Great Pretender - Quite stylish
I love to watch him walk down the steps among the picture copies of him...
...and when he is sitting on top of some
people,playing his trumpet (fabulous!)

90's - These Are The Days Of Our Lives -
Very touching but also quite sad as he
is saying goodbye :(
The Show Must Go On,Innuendo -
Powerful finale to his life,and as always
a perfect example of his amazing talent;)






Hello from Rai;)




KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




And darling so many more songs come to mind where Freddie's voice is sooo beautiful -
Don't Try So Hard
Cool Cat
Let Me Live
Too Much Love Will Kill You
Seaside Rendezvous




Hello from Rai;)


KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 07:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the answer to the first two questions has to be BoRhap. I would like to name more of the brilliant 70´s songs, but BoRhap tops ´m all, so does the video.
3. Innuendo
4. The show must go on

Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry! I named two 90´s-tracks!!!
hmmmmmmmm
3. Gimme the prize
4. One vision

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Save Me.
Princes of the Universe
The Miracle

I'm gonna go with one that I *hated* on first hearing it - Tear It Up. Really, a very basic and very silly song but FUCK I love it now.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:




And darling so many more songs come to mind where Freddie's voice is sooo beautiful -
Don't Try So Hard
Cool Cat
Let Me Live
Too Much Love Will Kill You
Seaside Rendezvous




Hello from Rai;)


You're so passionate about Freddie... so am i! grrrowl!... i love him more than anyone else in the world his voice is always singing in my heart and he's always dancing around in my head, always in my fantasy (well i won't tell you about my fantasies with him lol!)
Even though he isn't the most attractive guy in the world He always had the talent to make himself look so god damn gorgeous!




"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
YlvaDaJackass user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'70ies

- 1. Hard, hard, hard!! Umm... Save me. (I know it's from 1980 but I'll take it as a seventies-song) Beautiful, the most perfect song in the world. Saved my life.
Or It's late. Also a perfect song.

- 2. CLTCL of course!!! Freddie's HOOTT (so is Rog), because of that video I'm thinking of starting to wear leather-pants :) And Brian looks hilarious(sp?)!!!!! Looooove those glasses!!!

'80ies

- 3. Umm... Breakthru. Always makes me smile. Alway makes me happy. Always.

- 4. Breakthru. Love the video. It's just so free, and lokks as if they're having very fun.

'90ies

- 5. Innuendo. Dunno why. Just love it, it filles me with air.

- 6. I'm going slightly mad. Could you make a wierder video???




Im so hangover that even my name hurts
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

70s- favourite song, Bo Rhap of course but excepting that, then the gaurgantian It's Late
favourite video- Crazy Little Thing called Love- I think Queen's firsr truly great vid apart from Bo Rhap- it's quite slef mocking which I really like.

80s-favourite song- a tough one probably I Want It All or Keep passing The Open WIndows- a Freddie masterpiece.
favouirte video- Breakthru- I love the song and the video brings it alive- it's great to see them at a point where they are rock's dignified elder statesmen in their waistcoats but still having a lot of fun.


hj
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And of the nineties- favourite song would be Bijou- an odd choice perhaps but it's beauty is stunning. favourite vid- I'm Going SLightly mad- it's a remarkable and challenging video even when you forget the difficult circumstances in which it was made.


hj
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Either White Queen or '39...just because I seem to have a bit of a fixation with Brians songs at the minute.
2. Somebody To Love, I love that video just because Roger looks so cute. (and it's possibly about my third favourite song overall)
3. WWTLF, it's just such a great song.
4. Breakthru definitely, I love the video it fits the song so well.

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:




And darling so many more songs come to mind where Freddie's voice is sooo beautiful -
Don't Try So Hard
Cool Cat
Let Me Live
Too Much Love Will Kill You
Seaside Rendezvous




Hello from Rai;)


You're so passionate about Freddie... so am i! grrrowl!... i love him more than anyone else in the world his voice is always singing in my heart and he's always dancing around in my head, always in my fantasy (well i won't tell you about my fantasies with him lol!)
Even though he isn't the most attractive guy in the world He always had the talent to make himself look so god damn gorgeous!





I love Freddie so much,and his songs are always in my head,especially the beautiful ones. He had the most beautiful soul,that man.

And Flash darling, I must say Freddie IS the most attractive guy in the world! Those deep,dark,sexy eyes?(Quite like mine)That big adorable smile? And that body...Oh my,don't get me started on what I would have liked to do to him;{) He WAS so god damn gorgeous,darling!


http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/mp3.aspx?Q=12583
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/mp3.aspx?Q=12320

In my eyes,Freddie was the best looking guy in the world,but that is indeed just my opinion;)


"My teeth protrude a bit,darling.Other than that,
I'm perfect!" Freddie Mercury






Hello from Rai;{)



KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!



"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!




LOL,Flash! You are such a darling,darling! ;)






Hello from Rai:{)


KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jan 06, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!




LOL,Flash! You are such a darling,darling! ;)






Hello from Rai:{)


why thank you darling!... your not too bad yourself ;) and by the way, my dear... you look absolutely stunning this evening!


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!




LOL,Flash! You are such a darling,darling! ;)






Hello from Rai:{)


why thank you darling!... your not too bad yourself ;) and by the way, my dear... you look absolutely stunning this evening!





Why thank you,dear! and you look fab yourself! ;)




Hello from Rai;{)


KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!




LOL,Flash! You are such a darling,darling! ;)






Hello from Rai:{)


why thank you darling!... your not too bad yourself ;) and by the way, my dear... you look absolutely stunning this evening!





Why thank you,dear! and you look fab yourself! ;)




Hello from Rai;{)


why thank you, darling.... thats it... i'm going to wear my leather especially for you and this occasion! lol


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 06, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala) wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

You are tooooooooo right, darling!
I love his tarzan like chest and his rugged sexyness and the leather(just like mine lol!) just takes my breath away.... doctor, doctor... get the oxygen mask quick!!!!!!!!!!




LOL,Flash! You are such a darling,darling! ;)






Hello from Rai:{)


why thank you darling!... your not too bad yourself ;) and by the way, my dear... you look absolutely stunning this evening!





Why thank you,dear! and you look fab yourself! ;)




Hello from Rai;{)


why thank you, darling.... thats it... i'm going to wear my leather especially for you and this occasion! lol





mmm,I quite like that darling! May I take your picture? lol







Hello from Rai;{)


KensingtonLove (Dharankanawala)









AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 06, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All Dead All Dead: Brian's best vocal job/beautiful piano/Gorgeous Deacy amp orchestration.

Bo Rhap: Historical value as first video ever(in a way)

I Want It All: Throwback to old Queen.

Princes Of The Universe: Highlander rules!

I like the Innuendo video better, but it's 90's.



flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 06, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kensington, dear... you know you can take a picture whenever you like! I hope you like my leathers...is it tight enough for you? lol!


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)