Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Thread related question?

forum rss feed
Author

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In a post earlier by Belle Queen, he/she tried to share an official freddie file, which myself and serry kindly asked him/her to remove. Now you cant get access into that thread, due to some programming jargon. Can I ask if this is just a flaw in the forum programming or a deliberate attempt to remove the thread. The reason being, Belle Queen mentioned downlaoding the the file from the Hub, which I responded shoudnt have official material either. From past experiences with the hub, it does contain numerous official material, I myself was able to download the official karaoke video files from YV.

Maybe this is the reason that occassional downloads from the hub turn up here that shouldnt. Just curious?

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, the thread in question has now been deleted, that would count for the programming I saw, must have entered into it "mid-removal". My question re the hub still stands though?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The hub rules are not the similar with QZ rules. If you're in the hub you probably have seen those rules... :)

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

The hub rules are not the similar with QZ rules. If you're in the hub you probably have seen those rules... :)


Thanks for replyin. So the Hub is allowed to hold certain official material are you saying... :)

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3. No officially released material allowed, audio and video

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah Serry, I get that part, what I'm saying is with the earlier poster claiming she got the official file from the Hub, and with myself before getting the official Karaoke DVD from YV (hub moderator), and if you look right now, your bound to find ROTC cd, Freddie Box Set files, to name but just 2 things, shoyuldnt the HUB be more careful to what is shared. (Remember there is direct links from this forum to the HUB, so surely it must watch out that it supports the HUB).

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First, the Hub and QZ are not related or run by the same people. QZ provides information on the Hub, but membership to the hub is more selective and has a different set of rules.

Second, the ROTC CD and DVD are not allowed in the hub at all. If you see someone sharing it, then by all means tell an op and they will take care of it.


DJ's the man we love the most
ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah i know theyre run by different ppl, what i'm getting at is a lot of files gettin uploaded here are downloaded directly from the Hub, as mentioned by some of those who are sharing. Is it not possible that some folk are mistakingly thinking that the files they are downloading(hub) are ok, as the rules of the Hub states. ROTC and the box set files werent the issue here. They were just an example. Having spent TWO MINUTES looking, I found the hub containing...

ROTC 2cd x 3 users
Freddie Box Set (all 10cds) x 4 users
Freddie M Album
Fun in space
electric fire
happiness
back to the light
another world
karaoke hits
live aid (queens performance)
live at wembley 86
live a tbudapest 86
rare live
japan 85
The GH I and II dvd audio, all channels broken down into mp3
A CD program containing every queen retail album

etc

Thats just 2 mins. Now, I repeat is it not possible folk are using official files downloaded from the hub here?

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course it IS possible... there are always people NOT playing by the rules! But what´s your point??? Make a statement! What are you trying to tell us?

BTW... this is the ANNOUNCE section! ;-)


Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian! wrote:

Of course it IS possible... there are always people NOT playing by the rules! But what´s your point??? Make a statement! What are you trying to tell us?

BTW... this is the ANNOUNCE section! ;-)


Ha ha, you're gettin a bit worked up aren't you? gotta laugh at some people's aggression here. If you had followed the thread, you would have picked up that it was based on an earlier upload/post (correctly deleted by the moderators for being official). The person in question said they had downloaded the official file from the Hub, which showed they clearly didnt know that it was official or they wouldnt have then shared it here. As it wasnt the 1st time this scenario has happened i questioned whether there were too mnay official files in the Hub.

No need for you to come on so aggressive. Too many ppl like to jump on the offensve without actually thinking first that someone is only trying to discuss something. This is the announe section, but it says under that "the queen hub". Why do you feel you need to jump down someones throat buddy?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Zeni explained it already - QZ and the hub are not run by the same people. If you have a problem with my shares or the shares of other users feel free to message me in the hub. If you have a problem with the way the hub is run, please message the main op in the hub. Most hub users are Queen fans, they know what an official item is. Official means: officially released and not: shared in the hub. We have over 700 members and they come and go, it's not easy to enforce the rules 24/7

Btw, I log my uploads and I never uploaded any karaoke videos to someone from Italy or someone with your nickname.


I do not want any google ads here.

bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's easy.....there are different rules comparing Queenzone and the Queenhub.

There is also a reason for it.

At the moment there are no signs from the music industry or from the film industry that they want to close the Queenhub.
All the nowadays commercial succes DVD's and CD's are forbidden to share in the hub. People are kicked out of the hub for sharing it.

Here on Queenzone it is easy to check all the shared material. In the hub it is more difficult because there are thousands and thousand of files to check.
Not checking only once....no there should be a continue check to be sure that all the officials can be found.
Technicaly it is not possible to make of this an automatic process, so there would be lot's of operators to check everyone continue. Look to the big P2P networks. They have the same difficult problems. They are a bigger target for the music-industry because they are available for everyone. The Queenhub is a private community.

This discussion is in the wrong section.....even on the wrong site.
If you have problems with the rules, I want to invite you for a discussion about in the only right place: in a private message on the hub.

I hope that I have made something clear here.

I respect the good rules which are on Queenzone.
I hope people who are in the hub can respect also the hub-rules. If not, please discuss it with the above written in your mind.

greetings


Bokkepoot

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol. is this bullying tactics or what? i've got EDIT "3" hub moderators goin at me. funny enough tho, i wasnt looking for an argument of this sort. u all dont need to come on the offensive as u r.

I disagree with u tho. this discussion should be here, because a lot of the files being shared are coming straight from the hub, this is why i begun asking the question in the first place. May I add now tho, i wasn't intending to discredit anyone's good name by starting this topic, so please dont think that i was. Any examples I use were just through my experience i.e. I did download mpeg karaoke files of the official karaoke dvd from YV some time ago. This i didn't make up, nor should i see any point in doing so, so please YV do not take offense. (Sorry about my profile, didnt know what u were on about when u mentioned Italian... I'm from the uk, username I'd rather not give, its a privacy thing as it obviously contains personal details, I'm sure you'll understand.).

i personally saw a link between some of the official files wrongly being uploaded by some folk, who by there own admission wrote that they got the files from the hub. When I checked there were a lot of official material being shared.

I understand fully the task of checking evry file, but thats not to say that official material should then be given certain leeway in the hub. The link between this site and the hub is there, even if its different ppl involved. The fact that there is a STICKY in this forum which has over 9 pages surely backs that up.

"They are a bigger target for the music-industry because they are available for everyone. The Queenhub is a private community."

This statement doesnt make sharing official files any more legal. the fact that it is private surely means that more care should be taken to maintain its credibility. With any private club in any walk of life, the rules are its most important feature, even more so maintaining them. Its what gives them that independance which more public institutions do not have. These bigger networks do have a problem, but they also know that without the sharing of official material there would be no use for them, its there lifeline is it not?


YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 06, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ the topic starter
I really don't understand why you feel bullied because 2 hub ops reply - after all the hub is the topic here. In fact, even 3 ops replied.

It's true that a lot of the files here come from the hub. Someone has to provide them, isn't that true? That does not mean that the "hub" is responsible if someone uploads an official file on QZ.

If you have a problem with the hub rules, you have to discuss it in the hub. Queenzone does support the hub but does not own it.


@ taylorgaga
if such a software were available we sure would use it.


I do not want any google ads here.

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didnt have a problem YV. I think the service both Queenz and the hub provide are fantastic, with tons of effort very apparent. Thought i was being attacked a little, but obviosly not. You and bok seem more willing to discuss than others, i've read too many posts were attack and insult are top of the agenda than constructively discuss something. It was just that too many folk with the best of intentions seemed to be sharing SOME files from the hub only to be told in rather harsh words that they were sharing official material, so i saw a link to the hub, which i am glad you agree does contribute a lot of files here. I didnt set out for an argument of sorts, just to make a point and see if any1 agreed. At the end of the day the hub does contain certain files it shouldn't, whther u feel it is an impossible job to moderate fully or not, this is the case. I'm sorry for missing you out Zeni, i re-edited my last post, lol.

Rado user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rado
Bohemian: 120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you don't like the hub rules you must not came in. otherwise leave the moderators alone 'cause they are doing a great, difficult,job.

if some users share here stuff that they don't have to, it is only for their choose and NOT for fault of operators. is not important from where the file cames from

see ya

Nasse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepoot wrote:



Here on Queenzone it is easy to check all the shared material. In the hub it is more difficult because there are thousands and thousand of files to check.
Not checking only once....no there should be a continue check to be sure that all the officials can be found.
Technicaly it is not possible to make of this an automatic process, so there would be lot's of operators to check everyone continue. Look to the big P2P networks. They have the same difficult problems. They are a bigger target for the music-industry because they are available for everyone. The Queenhub is a private community.



If I remember correctly u are using ptokax and Hawks Terminator script.
Hawk have made it easy to find unwanted files, You can DL it from his web site, u can find it the forum under Hawks. It was made to find viruses, but i can be used to find any files.

bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nasse wrote:

bokkepoot wrote:



Here on Queenzone it is easy to check all the shared material. In the hub it is more difficult because there are thousands and thousand of files to check.
Not checking only once....no there should be a continue check to be sure that all the officials can be found.
Technicaly it is not possible to make of this an automatic process, so there would be lot's of operators to check everyone continue. Look to the big P2P networks. They have the same difficult problems. They are a bigger target for the music-industry because they are available for everyone. The Queenhub is a private community.



If I remember correctly u are using ptokax and Hawks Terminator script.
Hawk have made it easy to find unwanted files, You can DL it from his web site, u can find it the forum under Hawks. It was made to find viruses, but i can be used to find any files.


You are right, there is such a script to block specific file-names.
I have tested it for a little while before and it blocks much more than wanted.
I go do some testings soon. Maybe with some more experience, I can set it up a little better than I could before.

Thanx for the info.

greetings


Bokkepoot

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a little bit hard to realise somtimes what hides behind "Magic Tour show video" or "Making of Slightly mad" - it could be Wembley '86 and footages from Champions of the world VHS, but it could be Knebworth and unseen footages of making of...

ranto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jan 06, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry if anyone took this thread in the wrong context, I never meant to be judgemental, just trying to help make this forum a little more official-file free, and to prevent users from having there head bitten off for sharing files that they may have thought fine. It kind of headed off in another direction but i meant no offense, i hope that's clear? i like to think that all users on this site are treated equal and allowed to discuss there points without fear of offending the wrong person who may have been here longer.