Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Don't you just love it when ......

forum rss feed
Author

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jan 06, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.... you are in a store or in a mall or in a restaurant and a Queen song comes over the PA and you can't leave of course until it is over and you think perhaps you are the only one right there and right then who knows it is Queen and it feels like your own divine little secret and you feel very happy.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
darkblue user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's great to hear queen song on the radio whereever I am,it always makes me smile,it helps to go through the bad day

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 06, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was in New York with my sisters and we walked into a suitcase shop, and I was dying of lack of music. Then Bohemian Rhapsody came on and I stood closer to the cheap speaker sitting there.

I'm so pissed I could spit.
-luke_taylor- 28432 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suppose your right, happened to me once, i was in marks and sparks when bohemian rhapsody came on, i had me shopping basket with my goods in, then realized it was G4s version so i done a runner, i had to get out there, i couldnt stay another second longer as i got outside i noticed i still had my basket in my hand so i got away with some new shirts so not bad after all

purples a fruit
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was in a shopping mall last year, and "Who Wants to Live Forever" was on the Muzak. It made me laugh - it was so bad! It was some cheesey instrumental Muzak version. Blech.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Brighton Rocker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last time I heard a Queen song played on the radio was when I was in a little cafe with my mum and they were playing the whole platinum collection. :-D
Last Friday I was heading out to a party and my sister says that the minute I stepped out of the car they started playing Killer Queen. Probably a tribute to my amazing dress sense lol.
Last one: every summer, a fair comes to stay down the seafront from my house and they have a ride that plays WWRY every time it starts and WATC when it ends. It was so funny hearing all the little kids singing it. Got ever so slightly tiresome after 3 months though!

Teo torriatte konomama iko

Aisuruhito yo

Shizukana yoi ni

Hikario tomoshi

Itoshiki oshieo idaki
YlvaDaJackass user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was in a café with my friend Anna (who also is a Queenfreak) and maybe 20 metres from the café there was some kind of store and they had a big plasma-tv. I could only see half of it from my seat. But when I sat there, eating my sandwich, I looked up and on the tv I saw something I knew I had seen before... some very famliar movements and a striped shirt... And then I knew what it was, and I totally freaked out, I was like: "Anna, Anna, they're playing One Vision on the tv!! Look, LOOK!!!!" And we left our sandwiches and went to the store with the tv and dicovered that they ran the entire GVH2!! It was fab!!! I was so happy the rest of the day. :)

Im so hangover that even my name hurts
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

carboengine wrote:

.... you are in a store or in a mall or in a restaurant and a Queen song comes over the PA and you can't leave of course until it is over and you think perhaps you are the only one right there and right then who knows it is Queen and it feels like your own divine little secret and you feel very happy.

exactly with me, and it also goes with the care for me too

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard TATDOOL one time in Wal-Mart a looong time ago. I know my jaw must've dropped!

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 06, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at the dentist and all the sudden Youre My Best Friend comes on. Then, I was humming it and she says "Oh, you like this band?" and I say "go look in my bag, front pocket."

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 06, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me too.

My Queen pants go really crazy when I hear yet another different Queen song on some new commercial.

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 06, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whenever i hear that on the radio ar in a supermarket i feel very proud that i am a fan..somehow it gives me so much of emotions..