Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Queen Bootlegs That Are Now Official

forum rss feed
Author

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 06, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A couple concerts that are currently being shared here are now officially available on Queen's Top 100 Bootlegs.
Live At The Warehouse
Hammersmith Odeon Christmas Concert
http://www.7digital.com/stores/newRelease.aspx?ptype=1&shop=14.

I discontinued my seeding of the Warehouse show.

This really SUCKS!

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
ActionThisDay user not visiting Queenzone.com
Every little thing helps ;-)
ActionThisDay
Bohemian: 256 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 06, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know I shouldn't say this, but I think its bad that you have to pay £5 for a concert when folk's could come here, but on the other hand I can also see where Queen are coming from as well.....trouble is most fans have some bootlegs in there collection already.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 06, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, QPL wanted to quash bootlegging they said. They just want to stop the free downloads. If they can find some bootlegs that are popular and make them official at the click of a mouse AND make money AND stop downloading without paying, that's some pretty smart business...

But that will encourage trading again and make collecting bootlegs more of a challenge, yes?

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 06, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wonder how on earth they can do bootlegs official when they haven`t recorded it themself??

ActionThisDay user not visiting Queenzone.com
Every little thing helps ;-)
ActionThisDay
Bohemian: 256 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 06, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.......and they could alway's released the 'Live' stuff they have in their vaults. I'm sure they have some gems in there that were bootlegged by the folk's that went to the show's anyway (Euro Jazz Tour comes to mind) and didn't someone say that all the Euro Hot Space Shows were recorded as well?

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheGame wrote:

I just wonder how on earth they can do bootlegs official when they haven`t recorded it themself??

They wrote the songs. They performed the songs. The songs were recorded without permission. I think legally they are entitled to their intellectual property(the songs) and performance royalties. Since the recordings weren't authorized they can take it as their own.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently the quality of concerts they are offering is average, so I've been told....

Surely a better way of "outdoing the bootleggers" would be to release proper cds and dvds?

For example - anyone here that has downloaded Hammersmith 1975 in FLAC is not going to want the official version...

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust<br><h6>The QZ gentleman... wrote:

Apparently the quality of concerts they are offering is average, so I've been told....

Surely a better way of "outdoing the bootleggers" would be to release proper cds and dvds?

For example - anyone here that has downloaded Hammersmith 1975 in FLAC is not going to want the official version...

The 192 kB/s version doesn't have the Rock'N'Roll Medley. For those who don't have it yet (I believe it's still up): http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=686087

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

teleman wrote:

TheGame wrote:

They wrote the songs. They performed the songs. The songs were recorded without permission. I think legally they are entitled to their intellectual property(the songs) and performance royalties. Since the recordings weren't authorized they can take it as their own.

Omg, i understand that, but according to you, all bootlegs is official then. Because no bootlegs is recorded with permission unless they record it themselves.
I think this whole thing is stupid, why can`t they just release some of the goodies they have in the vault instead of doing this.

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't the BBC own the rights to the 24-12-75 show?

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So this mean that we can't share anymore of these bootelgs?
That's a bit over the top.

Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font type="verdana">_Tatterdemalion_ wrote:

QOL is doing something illegal, selling bootlegs recorded by fans. Things they should do instead is:
1. Sell the things lossless.
2. Sell the soundboard recording.

Then I should maybe buy it.

Yes, it's illegal. But if they sell the cd, i'll buy it, not download mp3, it's the same that in here.

Life Is A Bitch...

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seem's that Queen Production's attitude is, Why let the Bootleggers make money off these recording when they can make the money? Unfortunately, the ones downloading these concerts for free are getting hurt. Someone asked
why Queen Production should be allowed to make an official release out of a copy made by a fan. Well recording concerts is illegal.

zuzumu user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sithmarauder wrote:

Well recording concerts is illegal.

Of course, but tell that to the security people checking your bags before the venue ;-).

As I can tell from the Queen concerts I have visited e.g. last year nobody was really "checked" for the camera, digicam or whatever. No security asked what the cam can do or took it away.

You saw huge informations in front of the entrances saying:
no cameras allowed
no video recording allowed
no audio recording allowed

...but no-one really cared.

And on the other hand people shall send in e.g. pics to QP, Q+PR, PR to be published on their websites to remember a great show.

I just think the whole problem starts right there.

On one hand you should take pics and send them in and actually it is forbidden and it is no difference with the audio/video recordings.

Due to different laws from country to country, I don`t think that any fan knows what`s definitely right or wrong.

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zuzumu wrote:

Sithmarauder wrote:

Well recording concerts is illegal.

Of course, but tell that to the security people checking your bags before the venue ;-).

As I can tell from the Queen concerts I have visited e.g. last year nobody was really "checked" for the camera, digicam or whatever. No security asked what the cam can do or took it away.

You saw huge informations in front of the entrances saying:
no cameras allowed
no video recording allowed
no audio recording allowed

...but no-one really cared.

And on the other hand people shall send in e.g. pics to QP, Q+PR, PR to be published on their websites to remember a great show.

I just think the whole problem starts right there.

On one hand you should take pics and send them in and actually it is forbidden and it is no difference with the audio/video recordings.

Due to different laws from country to country, I don`t think that any fan knows what`s definitely right or wrong.

I'm not taking sides here, I'm just pointing out what we have against us that's all. I'm as unhappy about the official bootleg releases as anyone else here. Unfortunately, this is what we have going against us. Frankly speaking, us Queen fans are the backbone of what keeps Queen alive and I think we deserve better than a kick in the ass by Queen production. That is my opinion on this whole issue.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really don`t think we should talk about this, unless the moderators of this site think otherwise.

It`s ridiculous now to think that the bootlegs are now "officials" just because they were put online by Queenonline. If they`re gonna release 100 bootlegs, then a year from now there`s nothing we can share.

They want to stop bootlegers of making money with those recordings?- Thats exactly what we are doing here. Sharing for free.

If they want to release something official, then go to the mastertapes and do it. I would be glad to buy that. But i don`t buy meaningless recordings just because of their greed! I rather guive my money to bootlegers than to Queenproductions.

It´s one hell of a deal. Imagine the profits they`re making with bootlegs?!
In a year or two they release online the mastertapes and it`s more money again for the same thing. They should be ashamed in the first place for this idea (especialy Brian who was happy about it).

And they should be ashamed about using the name of the Mercury Phoenix trust to promote this garbage. What are they thinking- I`m i going to feel guilty for not downloading from them, so the money could go the the foundation?- Hell, no!!

If they want to use the foundation name to sell a product then they should think better about the quallity of it!
We can reverse things by saying that if they want to make real charity, then they should release the concerts from the soundboard, and they woul certainly be receiving about 20 times more for their Foundation to prevent AIDS.

I´m really bad about it, and i can`t stand bad marketing!!
In my opinion, unless otherwise stated these bootlegs can be shared here!

Take care

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suggest that you people go into the site, enter the help menu a read about License Acquisition and DRM.

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I respect that you are sticking to what you beleive in and I agree with you about FREE sharing.
But if QOL went out of their way to issue licences that allow PC limits to 3 and burn to CD,
I'd have to believe we cannot share these show freely.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Illegal or not, QP are currently making money off recordings they didn't produce themselves. Secondly, they are not beating the bootleggers by selling a recording of equal, or even LESS (since it's compressed) quality. They should offer recordings that bootleggers cannot offer.

But why are they trying to "beat the bootleggers", anyway? There are very few factory-pressed Queen bootlegs being sold these days. The bands in highest demand usually are the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, and the Grateful Dead. Even so, bootlegs these days are usually limited to a few hundred copies, so these companies aren't making that much money, anyway. QP doesn't need the money, so I can't see what's holding them back from releasing uncut soundboard recordings instead of bootlegs.

Sithmarauder wrote:

I respect that you are sticking to what you beleive in and I agree with you about FREE sharing.
But if QOL went out of their way to issue licences that allow PC limits to 3 and burn to CD,

Then people who have this belief can find another way to get the shows. There is always a way!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Illegal or not, QP are currently making money off recordings they didn't produce themselves. Secondly, they are not beating the bootleggers by selling a recording of equal, or even LESS (since it's compressed) quality. They should offer recordings that bootleggers cannot offer.

But why are they trying to "beat the bootleggers", anyway? There are very few factory-pressed Queen bootlegs being sold these days. The bands in highest demand usually are the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, and the Grateful Dead. Even so, bootlegs these days are usually limited to a few hundred copies, so these companies aren't making that much money, anyway. QP doesn't need the money, so I can't see what's holding them back from releasing uncut soundboard recordings instead of bootlegs.

Sithmarauder wrote:

Then people who have this belief can find another way to get the shows. There is always a way!

You're a smart man SirGH ;)