Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I'm such a fan of Queen, I don't need to defend shit.

forum rss feed
Author

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was much younger, I always felt like I had to defend my liking for Queen to those idiots who always used the "homo excuse" to bash them. I felt like no one understood the mastery and art Queen put into their music, therefore, I got into musical tiffs because everyone, in my opinion, were just stupid to not give Queen a try. But then one magical day, somewhere in my early twenties, get this: I got over it.
No, really...I did.
Sure, I still think anyone who uses the gay excuse to bash a band they've never even listened to is ignorant. But to each their own. If someone doesn't want to even give a band a try, then so be it. Why would you want to try and reason with someone who isn't worth reasoning for? I find it useless to defend myself and defend Queen because first of all, I know that I personally love them, and so do the people who know me; that's all that really matters. And secondly, not everyone is going to be as open-minded as you'd like them to be. So I saw no use in me getting frazzled over such a stupid topic when I can just be my awesome self. That's right, I'm awesome.
Why?
Because I don't give a shit about others opposing my views. All the more to them. Free country, right?
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Tyfoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 185 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

agree's, ive had loads of bother with queen and yeah i'll be the first to admit-i feel the need to defend Queen to my friends.

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 06, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

i usually just tell them that all the artists they love love queen or are influenced by them.

they usually shut up

It's true, but not for everything.
But I see your point. Good call.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everyone i know and hang around with think queen are great and most of my family saw them when they did shows...But i would defend them till im blue in the face if i had to..Queen rock and its a fact hehe..

X

"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah I agree,im like "sorry you cant expirience the magic of Queen" then smile and then walk away

:)

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just ignore them, dear.... people who can't understand real music are not worth it, darling :D

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my friends say i'm "defensive" for this reason. I know I don't NEED to defend them, but I do anyways.

We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cant understand why people dont like queen.

Is it because they can actually play their own instruments?

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hahahah, nice Ben. i never really got into fights about how great Queen are. i use to fight with people because they would say that they hated Queen because freddie was gay. Homophobes really piss me off.

However, the other day, one of my friends was saying he really liked Queen. Another friend and i weregiving him high fives for this (we were very drunk), however he made the comment that Queen would be his favourite band, except for the fact freddie was gay. my friend and i didnt even flinch. we sad, that's cool, because he appreciates good music (we like all the same bands) and i got over it. Whether it was because i was drunk, or i was just over it, i dont know.

Cheer up emo kid!