Forums > Queen - General Discussion > A bit selfish?

forum rss feed
Author

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian was on radio tour, promoting Freddie's last album "Innuendo" and saying lies about Freddie's good health, friend's work, you know...

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Brian was on radio tour, promoting Freddie's last album "Innuendo" and saying lies about Freddie's good health, friend's work, you know...

Haha, such as the interview in America "You bring the champagne, we'll bring the tour"... or something like that. That was in 1991, and Brian was in the US, and he said Freddie was thinking of the ideas of the next video, but for some reason I think the next video and ideas were for 'I'm Going Slightly Mad'

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
shanemcd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I am aware, Freddie told Brian that he didn't want him returning from US and that he was feeling fine at the time. I think somewhere in the book "As it Began" it discusses this video.

http://queen.shanemcdonald.org/ (Shanes Queen Site)

Follow me on Twitter

Twitter.com/smcdonalddotorg

Follow me on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShaneMcDonaldorg/118978468128623
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"They might have not known that it would be the very last things they would do as a group. Again, I don't want to be horrible it's just when I found out he had done his scenes seperate I just thought that was weird."

It's unfortunate yes, but not really selfish per se. It's just how business commitments work out; if you ask me, I'm Going Slightly Mad was a better one for them to finish on (as a group) anyway. What fun!

In all seriousness, I'm sure Brian was kicking himself afterwards but he had a job to do and I guess they all understood that. Anyway.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller