forum rss feed
Author

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Philadelphia police say teens beat man, videotaped attack
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA - Four teenagers were arrested Monday on charges that they beat a man and videotaped the random attack, police said.

A Drexel University engineering graduate student from Haiti told police he was walking to his West Philadelphia apartment at around 1:30 p.m. Friday when he was attacked by four young men, who beat him and then tried to throw him in front of a moving car, authorities said. The 30-year-old graduate student was treated at a hospital for a dislocated jaw.

The suspects videotaped themselves moments before the attack walking down street and describing how they were going to inflict injuries upon a random victim, then later take turns holding the camera as the others beat the man, said police Lt. John Walker.

"There's about two minutes of taping before they actually do the assault," Walker said. "Prior to that they're doing some rap competitions somewhere in that area and subsequently the video of the assault (follows)."

Police identified one of the suspects as Tyrez Osbourne, 18. The other three suspects, two 17-year-olds and a 16-year-old, were not identified by authorities because of their ages.

It was not immediately clear whether the suspects, all of them students at University City High School, had been arraigned or had attorneys.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If we gave the death penalty to anyone resposible for killing another person, just about every single politician would be sent to the electric chair.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

If we gave the death penalty to anyone resposible for killing another person, just about every single politician would be sent to the electric chair.

Interesting statement and i agree.

What i've always wanted to ask people who favour the death penalty is why they think taking another person's life is going to solve anything. The twisted thinking of 'ok, this guy has killed a person, he must die too', to me, is not doing anyone any favours whatsoever, and i hardly think it's giving the right justice to the victims families.

People who commit these sorts of crimes should be put in Jail for life and made to think about what they have done, punish them by keeping them in such a dire enviroment so they can feel nothing but remorse for their actions.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem is they're NOT put in dire enviroments. They're protected and given three meals a day and cable TV. People like this just need to be taken out and shot, so decent people can walk the streets at night without being afraid anymore.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The death penalty has to been one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

Killing someone to show that killing is wrong? Wow.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerQueen840 wrote:

Obviously you don't get it. If people are only given life in prison, they will jerk around with the victims' families for the rest of their life. There's nothing to convince them to, for instance, reveal what happened to certain victims or confess. Instead, they go, "Screw you" since they're getting life in prison anyway.

When shit like this happens... They should forget about a trial for these scum. They should just take them out and fire a bullet in the back of their head. The fact that this could've been one of my friends that this happened to... Wait, forget shooting them, torture the fuckers to death!

But, oh, whoops, that's "inhumane".

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddiesGhettoTrench wrote:

Obviously you don't get it. If people are only given life in prison, they will jerk around with the victims' families for the rest of their life. There's nothing to convince them to, for instance, reveal what happened to certain victims or confess. Instead, they go, "Screw you" since they're getting life in prison anyway.

When shit like this happens... They should forget about a trial for these scum. They should just take them out and fire a bullet in the back of their head. The fact that this could've been one of my friends that this happened to... Wait, forget shooting them, torture the fuckers to death!

Uh YEAH, you're right about one thing, that IS inhumane. There are other ways to avoid death, like TIGHT security.

Not to mention, there is a chance the person being accused of murder could be innocent. I was watching this documentary on tv, about some man who looked almost exactly like the murderer of some woman in a bar. He had messed up teeth, so the bite marks on the woman's corpse somehow matched up with his teeth.

Finally years after being on death row, and just a little while away before he was going to be executed, he was finally proven innocent when the actual man was discovered instead.

First of all, I don't even see where we can possibly have the authority to take away another's life. Second of all, even if it was justifiable, why take such a risk when dealing with human life?

(Jim Rohn)
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that's a true Republican!

One that carries so much anger and hatred inside that is willing to step down to the level of those who break the law in order to accomplish what they call "justice".

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DO NOT get me started on the death penalty.

I hate your political posts as it is.

So that CUNT that killed Holly and Jessica in Soham, why is he still alive? Id love him to be put before a firing squad.

The death penalty is something I would totally back if it was ever reconsidered. It might make people think twice. To many CUNTS getting away with murder.

And thats before I even mention Gary Glitter.

Chom own mudder fukker.
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I usually feel sorry for you with everyone always bashing your posts. But this time, I agree with them. This is the most outrageously stupid fucking post I have ever read. Forget about a trial?! You are so conservative you would make Pat Robertson blush in embarassment.

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

I usually feel sorry for you with everyone always bashing your posts. But this time, I agree with them.

Ditto.

(Jim Rohn)
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh if there are bad people in society, REMOVE the bad people from society, but I think they are way to soft in jail letting prisoners get college degrees with OUR tax dollars. Sheah, prison is a punishment...

But what do I know, I'm a stupid 13-year-old Queen fan...

:-|

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does it make any sense to wish death on murderers, but at the same time defend a war based on lies and false accusations that so far has killed over 30,000 Iraqi civilians and more than 2,000 Americans.

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Does it make any sense to wish death on murderers, but at the same time defend a war based on lies and false accusations that so far has killed over 30,000 Iraqi civilians and more than 2,000 Americans.

Yes. In the United States, it is pretty much uniformly agreed that the circumstances of the crime are far more important than the crime itself. Hence, we have different degrees of homocide, as well as laws excusing it.

Now, as for these "lies" and "false accusations," I can hardly see where you are coming from.

Regardless, this is very off topic. As opposed to the numerous "righteous indignation" arguments, there are several good, compelling arguments for the death penalty.

I'm going to begin by saying that in no circumstance should the death penalty be enacted for this crime. The ultimate punishment should be reserved for only the most heinous crimes (i.e. Murder in the first degree). A dislocated jaw is hardly worth the death of the four degenerate assailants.

One of the biggest arguments for abandoning the death penalty is, "How is it right to kill people to show others that killing is wrong?" A person's death is not wrong. The motives or events leading up to a death are what is important. Would you seriously blame a man who kills another in self defense? No - he acted fully within my, and nearly everybody else's, moral grounds. Now, what is the motive to kill a murderer? This murderer has committed the ultimate wrong to society, and it is society's place to seek justice. A lifetime in jail may rehabilitate a murderer, but it will not fulfill our commitment to justice.

Another good reason to utilize the death penalty is to allocate our resources to greater causes than the sustenance of those who violated the most precious right of a human being. If one should be in such violation, I see that as a fair forfeiture of such rights. Furthermore, any rebuttals concerning the fact that our resources are currently not correctly allocated as it is are irrelevant and void.

Now, I have not thoroughly researched and developed a solid opinion on the matter, but this is where I stand now. It makes perfect sense as it is.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jcrawford79 wrote:

I usually feel sorry for you with everyone always bashing your posts. But this time, I agree with them. This is the most outrageously stupid fucking post I have ever read. Forget about a trial?! You are so conservative you would make Pat Robertson blush in embarassment.

Hmm, or maybe I just don't like the idea of people not being able to walk the streets in my city without fear of some thug attacking them! There have been murders in the double digits in Philly already this year, and the first month isn't even over yet! There was a girl who went to the next school over who kidnapped a girl, raped her and stashed her body in an oil drum in West Philly. Oh yeah, rehabilitating that thing will really help, won't it? I'm sure he'll really feel remorse, when he didn't feel it while he was raping a 15 year old. And because the victim was African-American, there will be no national outrage to ensure any justice be done. Mark my words, he'll get 20 years at most, and he'll be out on the street again. Oh no, he's sorry. He's done his time.

Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't believe ANYONE should be given the death penalty. It's inhumane. It makes the courts just as bad as the killers. You're not only killing a murderer, you're killing a son/daughter, brother/sister, lover... anything. You will devaste people.

However, i do believe, if the death penalty is already in a country (say Bali) and a person is killed for breaking their law, (ok, im talking about the Australian guy who smuggles heroin into bali or somewhere, and was hung for it). They should be able to take the consquences. The Australian government (in my opinion) had no right to intervene.

well, there's my 2cents.

Cheer up emo kid!

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im sorry Monte but I fully agree with Ghetto trench

Look at how lenient we are towards criminals.

My step-half-uncle is in jail for 3rd degree murder and you know his sentance? 35 years.

Another dumbass Im related to had sex with a 17 year old (hes 45) and then pulled the most retarded defenses "I didnt know she wasnt 18" "It was consentual"

I dont care if Im related to them, theyre both disgraces to our family and I have a hard time missing them while theyre locked up.

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you have to wait until your 18 to have sex legally in the states? fuck, i'd die!1

ok, back to the issue. i understand what people have done is wrong. but look at it this way. Say this guy kills a girl. The girls family obviously want him dead. so he gets the death penalty. The girls family misses her, and hates him.

Then look at it from the killers familys point of view. They couldn't control what he did. But they love him all the same. They can see the good and the bad. When he is sentenced to death, his family wants revenge. So they end up hating the girls family.

i don't know if that makes sense. does in my mind. But you cannot honestly tell me, you would want to kill someone. Even if they killed your loved one.

Cheer up emo kid!

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Big difference between killing out of spite and killing in service of your country

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php

Posted: 23 Jan 06, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

service to your country? what have you been smoking? it's not a service to your country. it's one person. If it was a whole huge gang of people, i would understand. But it's one person. or a small group of people. It's not like they're wiping out a nation.

You bloody American are so patriotic!! Everything is for the country.

Cheer up emo kid!