Forums > Personal > Advice needed

forum rss feed
Author

FreeSpirit328 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone

Well, I know this may seem rather silly, but I need some advice on what brand DVDR to buy. I also need to know if I can burn these queen concerts with Roxio software.

I am going to attempt to figure out how to do this with my stupid screen reader (it won't be easy). I may have to download bittorrent client and delete it every time I want to download something new...I don't know...we'll see.

www.youravon.com/jaberdeen

Direct delivery available to customers living outside of Rhode Island. Enter code REPFS to receive free shipping.
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i use the new roxio media 7.5 and its the best software ive used up to now, each to there own i suppose :)

oo la la

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Yes...Nero...that's what I have...For some reason I remember my teacher saying it was roxio....I don't know...oh well :)

Direct delivery available to customers living outside of Rhode Island. Enter code REPFS to receive free shipping.

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

The best DVDR in my opinion are the ones that are made by Ritek. You can also buy DVDR made by other manufacturers that use Ritek dye coated discs. There is somewhere on the internet a site that lists DVD writers and discs that have been found to work well with a particular writer.

I am unsure about Roxio software because I haven't used that for years. I use Nero Burning Rom which is a great burning program.

I foound this at Amazon...I haven't bought it yet because I wanted to make sure it's the right one first.

Ridata DVD+R 8x

I have no idea what speed my burner is, which is why I'm a bit reluctant on buying this.

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

Do you know the make and model of your writer?

No, I don't think so, I was able to find this out though...Don't know if it will answer your question...

hl-dt-st DVDRAM gsa4040b va106

Right speed is 24x

read speed 32x

I don't know, that's all gibberish to me, lol.

It said it was at the maxium speed though and I did read something about 4x

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks so much. I haven't bought anything yet, but I will see about getting the dvd-r...I have to admit I was a bit confused about that earlier.

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I should get the 4x speed, not the 8x speed?