Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > RIP OFF!! - Making of ANATO DVD - Pre Order 2 Diff Versions

forum rss feed
Author

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The following links confirm that there will be 2 versions of the Making Of... DVD released - one as expected, the other along with a second disc containing the remastered version of the album, plus the special edition cut-and paste videos.

This makes sense and is a good idea, but how many times do we have to buy this album???? Why was the 30th anniversary special released when this package was coming 5 months later? This is the version that would have been the perfect release first time.

http://www.pinnacle-entertainment.co.uk/product_vid.php?productID=100274

http://www.pinnacle-entertainment.co.uk/product_vid.php?productID=99217

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whinge whinge whinge. Where's the real problem?

Personally, if I was to say there's anything wrong with it, there should be a version with a cd copy for completist's sake.

There really is no problem here, is there? Buy the docu on its own. Or buy the docu with a copy of the surround version of the album. Choice reigns supreme...

Peace,
Adam.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

Whinge whinge whinge. Where's the real problem?

Personally, if I was to say there's anything wrong with it, there should be a version with a cd copy for completist's sake.

There really is no problem here, is there? Buy the docu on its own. Or buy the docu with a copy of the surround version of the album. Choice reigns supreme...

Peace,
Adam.

I'll agree with Adam here. Though I was very much against the contents of the 30th Anniversary edition of ANATO - not the concept itself - I'm really looking forward to this DVD release. I just know that I'm not going to pick up the edition with the album in it, that's all. Hell, I don't know if this'll even be released in America - if the only options are the 2-disc version or nothing, you can bet I won't go with the latter option.

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 06, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was expecting better features on the second disc - more about The Prophets Song or Bo Rhap.

Shame they didn't tell us about the second disc being the same as the 30th Anniversary one, I wouldn't have bought that then.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Jones wrote:

I was expecting better features on the second disc - more about The Prophets Song or Bo Rhap.

Shame they didn't tell us about the second disc being the same as the 30th Anniversary one, I wouldn't have bought that then.

And that´s the reason I agree that it smells like a rip off. They shouldn´t release something, and release the-same-with-a-little-more a few months later.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Totally agree with Adam as well. And if you want to talk about rip offs, then paying £16.99 for something that you can get at Play.com for £11.99 is a rip off

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=880763&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

Heres the link for the single disc version at £10.99

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=867728&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this the first 5.1 mix to be available in Dolby Digital? That might appeal to a few people. I bet this will appear for around £8.99 at some retailers, so I will definitely be shopping around.

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I`ve spent so much money with Queen last year!
And this year it´s gonna be the same thing!! Damm...

Take care