Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > Question on out of print official material

forum rss feed
Author

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't know if this has been addressed, but can you put stuff up that was released but is no longer being produced, like the Starfleet album? If so that would be awesome I lost mine. If not that's cool, just wondering.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Starfleet was re-released on Japanese "Ressurection" single...

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Starfleet was re-released on Japanese "Ressurection" single...


But even something like this, not many people have it and it's no longer made (I would think). It's not like putting "We Will Rock You" up here. They really aren't making money off this single anymore, you know what I mean?

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Starfleet was re-released on Japanese "Ressurection" single...

Star Fleet was rereleased on two seperate EU Back To The Light singles! ;-)

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not a question of whether they're still making money from it.

It's a question of owning the rights to it, which they still do, and theefore the answer is "no"

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

..and yes, it has been addressed a few times.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Grrr, Jeroen, you quoted me and now I can't edit my reply and add the EU singles... There's only one way to solve this problem - push the wrong button! :)

QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks wrote:

It's not a question of whether they're still making money from it.

It's a question of owning the rights to it, which they still do, and theefore the answer is "no"


That's a reasonable answer, but then how come if it hasn't been officially released, say like a Miracle demo, so noone "officially" owns the rights then? That can't be cause then wouldn't someone here just take it and sell it, who could stop them then? So why wouldn't they care if you throw up a whole possible future box set, but go nuts if you put up something from A Night at the Opera? I'm not looking to be annoying, just starting a conversation.

hijacker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe you can try ift here: http://timelily2.com


Anyone who imagines

They can blind you with science

Bully you all over

With property and finance

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, someboay pushed a wrong button!

jeroen wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Starfleet was re-released on Japanese "Ressurection" single and on two seperate EU Back To The Light singles! ;-)

Well, whadda you think of that?! :-)
(lol, this could actually could get very confusing for some people :D

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Thanks wrote:

It's not a question of whether they're still making money from it.

It's a question of owning the rights to it, which they still do, and theefore the answer is "no"


That's a reasonable answer, but then how come if it hasn't been officially released, say like a Miracle demo, so noone "officially" owns the rights then? That can't be cause then wouldn't someone here just take it and sell it, who could stop them then? So why wouldn't they care if you throw up a whole possible future box set, but go nuts if you put up something from A Night at the Opera? I'm not looking to be annoying, just starting a conversation.


That's a completely different question, but the composers and performers still have rights, even if they haven't released the material.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Don't know if this has been addressed, but can you put stuff up that was released but is no longer being produced, like the Starfleet album? If so that would be awesome I lost mine. If not that's cool, just wondering.


As far as this site is concerned - NO official downloads. Period.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Don't know if this has been addressed, but can you put stuff up that was released but is no longer being produced, like the Starfleet album? If so that would be awesome I lost mine. If not that's cool, just wondering.


As far as this site is concerned - NO official downloads. Period.


Relax dude, I only asked a question you don't have to look to fight I'm not asking anyone to put anything up that they shouldn't nor am I putting anything up.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's an unwritten thing basically, unless your name is Saul Zaentz there's a tiny bit of leeway with 'unofficial material'. As soon as they notice people making money off of a bootleg, all of a sudden things get very heavy.
It's the only reason Live AID is on DVD anyway, because Bob Geldof saw money getting thrown away on shitty copies when it could go to charity.

To answer your question - there really isn't any difference between what the call 'official stuff' and the rest that gets uploaded here. It allllll belongs to someone else, and I reckon they'd probably have the ability to crack down and take it all away - they just don't.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
QueenFan1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

It's an unwritten thing basically, unless your name is Saul Zaentz there's a tiny bit of leeway with 'unofficial material'. As soon as they notice people making money off of a bootleg, all of a sudden things get very heavy.
It's the only reason Live AID is on DVD anyway, because Bob Geldof saw money getting thrown away on shitty copies when it could go to charity.

To answer your question - there really isn't any difference between what the call 'official stuff' and the rest that gets uploaded here. It allllll belongs to someone else, and I reckon they'd probably have the ability to crack down and take it all away - they just don't.


Thank you, nice to see someone can give an answer in a nice way

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 06, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenFan1982 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

QueenFan1982 wrote:

Don't know if this has been addressed, but can you put stuff up that was released but is no longer being produced, like the Starfleet album? If so that would be awesome I lost mine. If not that's cool, just wondering.


As far as this site is concerned - NO official downloads. Period.


Relax dude, I only asked a question you don't have to look to fight I'm not asking anyone to put anything up that they shouldn't nor am I putting anything up.


Actually that WAS a polite answer!

Why is it that direct and to the point is considered rude?

If I said 'f*ck off sh*t face' I would understand, but being economical with words is not always curt, or looking for a fight.

Stick around a bit, and you will see that I am often very direct, but that does not mean that I am angry because I do so.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 02:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe it was the capitals.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Maybe it was the capitals.


So how else do you suggest emphisis? It happens on every other internet noticeboard - even over on Queenonline. So I am pulling on an established code of conduct here, not some personal made-up guidelines.

I agree that complete mails - or sentences of capital letters can be 'read' as 'shouting' - but individual words - are fine, as it let's the reader know the main point of the mail.

I just think that in this Politcally Correct world people can not be direct anymore - as everything has to be sugar-coated first. But the point is 'No' means 'No' however long-winded you make the answer - and a more direct 'NO' is the most focused answer of all.

No rudeness, no anger, no bursting a gut.

And if that 'offends' - then it it is the reciever's problem - and NOT the writers.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry, John, it's just a human's nature. I am, probably, most hated person on Russian Queen forums, because someone says that Back Chat was written by Freddie about newspapers, I make remark that maybe it was about newspapers, but it wasn't written by Freddie or for instance I write that David Richards made a big input in "Track 13" (I even post the quote from Dave's interview) and here we are "Serry, you're a rude motherf*cker, d*ckhead, moron" etc.

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fucking hell, we answer nicely all five times he keeps going "yes, but...." and we're the people being harsh???

Suit yourself, dicksplash. May your diseases all be curable....