Forums > Queen - General Discussion > queen should dump the us

forum rss feed
Author

markbrydonrocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey everyone the reason why i say this as the yanks have never done anything good for the band have they on the side of the track i want to break free why should they tour there if they couldnt even get that joke there idots and they dont understand our humour at all everywhere in the rest of the world enjoyed the joke of it but the bloody yanks couldnt get it so fuck them thats what i say dont even tour there.. thanks debs

hi di hi queen friends, friends will be friends right till the end
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ever heard of a 'full stop'? They look like this . You'll find it on your keyboard next to the comma.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another One Bites The Dust.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

markbrydonrocks wrote:

hey everyone the reason why i say this as the yanks have never done anything good for the band have they on the side of the track i want to break free why should they tour there if they couldnt even get that joke there idots and they dont understand our humour at all everywhere in the rest of the world enjoyed the joke of it but the bloody yanks couldnt get it so fuck them thats what i say dont even tour there.. thanks debs

good thing ur not their tour manager

u cant say yanks as a group, i know i sure as hell get the humor, and i love all their music, just because some tabloids dont like it DOES NOT meant the people didnt like it. It's like idiots like you think that the posts and news talk for us. its like me hating all the people in the middle east because their government sucks, thats just fucking ignorant. i get the rock in i want to break free, and all the people i talk to do too. so we deserve it just as much as ur oh so perfect country

man its people like you i really hate.

didnt they kick off their carreer in the US touring with Mott the Hoople? yea thought that was them, cant say "we" didnt do anything for them.
give me a break

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
biggest_fan_K user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the us tour is a joke! Its not Queen and its not bad co or whatever. Dont brian and roger know that Queen is gone? they probably still think that they can pull off the Wembley 86. No Freddie is no Queen...EVER, no matter what.

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

biggest_fan_K wrote:

the us tour is a joke! Its not Queen and its not bad co or whatever. Dont brian and roger know that Queen is gone? they probably still think that they can pull off the Wembley 86. No Freddie is no Queen...EVER, no matter what.

i agree, i cant blame them for doing something with their elder lives though.

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am going to the Milwaukee show.

Will I see a great rock concert? - Yes!

Queen? Nope.

calcium user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its more like a country concert.

quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Havarti or Stilton, it's still cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why you ignorant little shit...how dare you?? You got a lot of nerve calling us yanks. How about I call YOU (not your country) a punk? How do you like that one?

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
LoftyGoal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Linda of the Valley calling other people freaks. Hilarious!

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay this is actually easy to talk about, because I am from the US (I still live there)

I understand what he means; Queen has been slightly unappreciated here in the United States. There are two reasons why I think so:

- Musical Preference: Queen gained steam in 1980 because of AOBTD, which fit in to the kind of music people were listening to at the time. But as Hot Space and The Works came out, our preferences changed from funk and rock to heavy metal, hip hop, and new wave. Queen, unfortunately, got lost in the mess of things and went unnoticed until 1992, with the inclusion of Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's World.

- Misunderstanding of the Band: Earlier, he brought up I Want To Break Free. The video was banned here in the US because Queen was in drag for parts of the video, which caused them to lose some fans. And let's all not forget about Hot Space; it affected both sides of the Atlantic, mind you, and many dismissed Queen as a "flavor of the month" type of band. Hell, I'm surprised Queen didn't end up as a one-hit wonder here. AOBTD is their most popular song, and if no one had opened up to their other songs, Queen would not exist in the US today.

So, in my opinion, Queen should not dump the US; There are new generations of fans that need to be influenced and inspired by the music and majesty of Freddie Mercury and Queen.

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Boy is markbrydonrocks gonna be jealous when all those 70's songs are added to the setlist in the US! :-P

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Boy is markbrydonrocks gonna be jealous when all those 70's songs are added to the setlist in the US! :-P

oh my lord thats EXACTLY what i thought when i left writing this thread. you dont even know i was thinking that the whole time.
nice job reading my mind :D!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18624 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 06, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

Queen? Nope.

I am usually very tolerant of people, but honestly... you are such a robot. You have said the exact same thing a hundred times, with the exact same spacing and punctuation at that.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I start to think all those BPPs and Sharon Gs and crapo are fucking boots... ;) As we already discussed- most of them do not appear in the QUEEN (pre1991) related threads... It's still beyond me...

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Sharon G. wrote:

Queen? Nope.

I am usually very tolerant of people, but honestly... you are such a robot. You have said the exact same thing a hundred times, with the exact same spacing and punctuation at that.

Persistance pays off!

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look we all know it isn't Queen. Everyone knows. Brian and Roger know. It's Queen+Paul Rodgers. And their good. I've seen them.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0099>Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Sharon G. wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Sharon G. wrote:

Queen? Nope.

Persistance pays off!

not when no one gives a shit about you

Especially then!

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure lots of other ones.

Fuck them, darling, if they just don't get it!- FM