Forums > Queen - General Discussion > "Paul Rodgers was one of Freddie's all time fav singers" Roger Taylor

forum rss feed
Author

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well done rog, confriming once again what all the naysayers will hate to hear.

Quote from Roger's radio interview.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no. John Edwards talked to Freddie. He said paul was a poopoo head.

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And once again...
This fact has been brought up time and time again. Its even in bios, interviews etc that Freddie enjoyed Paul's work...

You will never change anyones mind if they're opinionated enough.

At least now theres concrete proof on QZ for the naysayers. You cannot dispute facts people!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay for your fun: Roger's telling lies about Freddie

"Its even in bios, interviews etc that Freddie enjoyed Paul's work..."

Now show me interview where Freddie says that he's a PR fan.

This "defend any Queen action with PR" behaviour is overacting actually...

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Well Roger's not going to say he's crap his he ?
Plus he wants to keep all Freddie fans on his and Brian's side by not upsetting them. I hope the tou fails they lose money and credibility.

THEY WILL LEARN HOW REAL QUEEN FANS FEEL.

I think a protest should be started outside these places were Queen + PR are playing.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP you don't have to exaggerate.

Kevin Spacey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and???

Mike Patton and Ed Vedder are two of my alltime favourite singers but I still don't think they would fit in as Queen lead singers...

Punctuality is the thief of time
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Pants wrote:

Togg wrote:

I think a protest should be started outside these places were Queen + PR are playing.

Well here we are. BPP will make one outrageous, unfounded post, and then disappear until he gets to start yet ANOTHER thread on the same silly topic.

While children starve in the world....while species are being wiped out on a daily basis....while the British police still stand accused of institutional racism....while people beg on the streets of one of the world's richest nations....BPP wants to protest outside Queen concerts.

Did you actually pass your Eleven plus? Do the authorities allow you to vote in general elections? Do you actually possess any faculties for rational thought?

You *are* a sad little flamer, and, if I may add, you're ****still**** a c**t....

I thank you.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Ready_Coddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Ian Hunter could have done it... or maybe Brian, Roger & TIM STAFFEL reuniting as Smile...

Freddie Mercury

*** 1946 - Forever in our hearts ***
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quonkers wrote:

Now, you can't get out of this one folks. Stop making excuses and just accept the facts.

What are you gonna say now, "Roger's telling lies about Freddie" perhaps...

yea but the thing is, just because he likes his music doesnt mean he wants paul singing his. Either way i dont care and i ENJOY hearing paul sing fred's stuff. as long as he's not trying to re fill anyone's shoes (which he's not) im alright

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what i think is that you should not be outragious about what your fave band's musicians are doing..i DO NOT APPROVE of any studio work cause it will surely change all the style and understandment of the QUEEN format...
but the fact that they are playing instead of sitting at home is not bad at all..a lot of people like to hear old songs again..live..and see their musicians..and i think that brian and roger only took a vocalist to fill the vocal parts of the music they are playin'..how about this idea..think this way and it will be easier..and as for the title QUEEN+PR it's vey simple: everybody has heard a band queen..not the fans even..and i am sure that fifth part of them don't know brian may and roger taylor..it is a common knowledge..

and what i also think is that it is so PATHETIC that those who call themselves true fans SPIT on the members of their beloved band!! they still are the same guys as before willing to give pleasure..and once more-NO STUDIO WORK!!!!!

no offence..

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Plus he wants to keep all Freddie fans on his and Brian's side by not upsetting them. I hope the tou fails they lose money and credibility.

The truth can be hard sometimes, ey?

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

KillerQueen1429 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

REAL fans stick by ALL the members of the band and what they decide to do!!GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!Theres more important things to worry about in the world then if Paul is tryin to replace Freddie , which hes not.

I Love Queen!!!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is hypothetical, but maybe, just maybe... Roger doesn't think Paul is a crap singer. If he did, don't you think they would have chosen someone else to sing?

Lil*Queenie wrote:

why do these posts come up every few months?

Months? If it was only that...

Try hours.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can always put words on a dead man's mouth. In almost 30 years of interviews to Fred he never mentioned liking Mr Rodgers (which doesn't neccesarily mean he didn't). So who knows ... maybe if tomorrow they've got a row with him and he quits, they'll hire Fab Morvan and say that Freddie's favourite album was All Or Nothing, and that Charles Shaw was the actual singer during Innuendo sessions :)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
biggest_fan_K user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 06, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

You can always put words on a dead man's mouth. In almost 30 years of interviews to Fred he never mentioned liking Mr Rodgers (which doesn't neccesarily mean he didn't). So who knows ... maybe if tomorrow they've got a row with him and he quits, they'll hire Fab Morvan and say that Freddie's favourite album was All Or Nothing, and that Charles Shaw was the actual singer during Innuendo sessions :)

very true

KillerQueen1429 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg how long did Roger know Freddie??? LiKE 20 some years or more right?? Well none of us knew him so it seems to me that Roger would know more about who he liked and who he didnt more then anyone in here would.

I Love Queen!!!
biggest_fan_K user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

but Roger CAN make up words for Freddie so their tour will sell well

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 02:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KillerQueen1429 wrote:

omg how long did Roger know Freddie??? LiKE 20 some years or more right?? Well none of us knew him so it seems to me that Roger would know more about who he liked and who he didnt more then anyone in here would.

One quick question: what's the point to say that Freddie was a fan of PR? Huh? No-one asked Rog or Bri what Freddie thought about Paul. Who cares if he was a fan or not? And answer is very simple: it's an excuse to fans who don't like this project.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Roger would know more about who he liked and who he didnt more then anyone in here would.

Yes, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't lie in order to get the bloody tour accepted.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.