Forums > Personal > The next England manager will be...........................................

forum rss feed
Author

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know! Honestly. If it is going to be an Englishman you have to look at Allardyce but what has he won? Fuck all apart from a play-off final against the mighty Preston North End.

Personally I couldn't give a hoot if its a foreign manager and if it is I would go balls out to get José Mourinho who would get the best out of the "best midfield in the world"©

Other candidates: Steve McClaran won one Carling Cup, Alan Curbishley won again sweet FA, see also Stuart Pearce. Gus Hiddink? Hmmm, Scolari? Too old,

What do YOU think?


Guess who's back?
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard they also were thinking of Martin O Neil


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sam Allardyce.



Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kevin Keegan

He's the George W. Bush of football coaches.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Banquo wrote:

I don't know! Honestly. If it is going to be an Englishman you have to look at Allardyce but what has he won? Fuck all apart from a play-off final against the mighty Preston North End.

Personally I couldn't give a hoot if its a foreign manager and if it is I would go balls out to get José Mourinho who would get the best out of the "best midfield in the world"©

Other candidates: Steve McClaran won one Carling Cup, Alan Curbishley won again sweet FA, see also Stuart Pearce. Gus Hiddink? Hmmm, Scolari? Too old,

What do YOU think?


First - As a Scot I have no real interest in this debate.

Second - I think you are being really stupid to dismiss the likes of Allardyce, Curbishley and Pearce - because they are all excellent man managers and motivators and very worthy of the job.

Third - Your measure of success (Silverware) is flawed, because with all the available finance at Chelsea, even a chimp could manage them successfully. It is NO surprise that in almost every league in the world (and the English Premiership is NO different) that the wealthiest clubs - are the most dominant. So the likes of Bolton and Charlton can NEVER compete evenly with the likes of Man U or Arsenal.

Fourth - IF silverware was your main yardstick, I think the most successful Premiership manager - EVER - is a Scot, so Alex Ferguson would be the natural choice using your argument.

Finally - I think it should be an Englishman (that is NOT racist - I just believe that natives have more passion and less mercenary ideas for their home country), with a strong passion/desire for winning. That to me leaves the door open for Stuart Pearce. Dynamic, young, determined (who could forget that SECOND penalty) and hates losing. He would quickly get rid of those prima-donnas and could make England into a team of hard b*stards - which would be really hard to beat.




"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The next England manager will be...........................................

...as successful as the last 10 were...

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Graham Taylor. If nothing else, so we can have a hoot and a follow-up to the brilliant "Do I Not Like That?", still the greatest sports documentary ever.

Failing that, 40-1 on Arsene Wenger looks like a capital bet to me.


FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!



Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Personally I hope for Alex McLeish, due to the fantastic job he's doing with the Huns. However, I don't want him to leave Ibrox any time soon. If only there were two Alex McLeishs. God, there's a sentence a Celtic fan shouldn't write.


This can't end well.
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:
So the likes of Bolton and Charlton can NEVER compete evenly with the likes of Man U or Arsenal.



F.A. Cup result:
Bolton 1 Arsenal 0

Kind of proves my point, that Allardyce, with limited resourses, is good enough.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IT doesnt matter whos the next manager of the English football team because England sucks. They will not get very fas this year in the World Cup, and to make every englishmen here in this site, England won the '66 World Cup off a penalty that never excisted, I think the goal was scored off a penalty if Im not mistaken, but yeah England sucks and you will see this year. Cheerio!!


Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

greaserkat wrote:

IT doesnt matter whos the next manager of the English football team because England sucks. They will not get very fas this year in the World Cup, and to make every englishmen here in this site, England won the '66 World Cup off a penalty that never excisted, I think the goal was scored off a penalty if Im not mistaken, but yeah England sucks and you will see this year. Cheerio!!


You're referring to Geoff Hurst's 2nd goal, which made it 3-2. It wasn't a penalty, a shot on the turn which hit the underside of the bar, bounced down and out. The linesmen gave a goal although in later years replays would tell you it actually hit the line itself and bounced out.

As I recall, England won 4-2. So that does disprove that argument about England winning on the strength of that goal.



John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 06, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust<br><h6>The QZ gentleman... wrote:

greaserkat wrote:


It wasn't a penalty, a shot on the turn which hit the underside of the bar, bounced down and out. The linesmen gave a goal although in later years replays would tell you it actually hit the line itself and bounced out.


I hate to say this - but it was a goal because the linesman said it was!

Conversely, 'Spurs 'goal' against Man U last season was 'disallowed' for the same reason - namely the linesman's decision, except this time he said 'NO'.

No cheating by either England or Man U - but very bad human decisions.

To show 'what goes around comes around', why not ask English supporters about the 'hand of god'? This will show that they too have been on the receiving end of incompetent officials.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 06, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I hate to say this - but it was a goal because the linesman said it was!"

I hate to say this - but the linesman was Russian (Toffic Bahramov) and this story followed him till the death even in our own premier league, he changed a lot after that match. Sorry for off-topic.

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 06, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Banquo wrote:

I don't know! Honestly. If it is going to be an Englishman you have to look at Allardyce but what has he won? Fuck all apart from a play-off final against the mighty Preston North End.

Personally I couldn't give a hoot if its a foreign manager and if it is I would go balls out to get José Mourinho who would get the best out of the "best midfield in the world"©

Other candidates: Steve McClaran won one Carling Cup, Alan Curbishley won again sweet FA, see also Stuart Pearce. Gus Hiddink? Hmmm, Scolari? Too old,

What do YOU think?


First - As a Scot I have no real interest in this debate.

Second - I think you are being really stupid to dismiss the likes of Allardyce, Curbishley and Pearce - because they are all excellent man managers and motivators and very worthy of the job.

Third - Your measure of success (Silverware) is flawed, because with all the available finance at Chelsea, even a chimp could manage them successfully. It is NO surprise that in almost every league in the world (and the English Premiership is NO different) that the wealthiest clubs - are the most dominant. So the likes of Bolton and Charlton can NEVER compete evenly with the likes of Man U or Arsenal.

Fourth - IF silverware was your main yardstick, I think the most successful Premiership manager - EVER - is a Scot, so Alex Ferguson would be the natural choice using your argument.

Finally - I think it should be an Englishman (that is NOT racist - I just believe that natives have more passion and less mercenary ideas for their home country), with a strong passion/desire for winning. That to me leaves the door open for Stuart Pearce. Dynamic, young, determined (who could forget that SECOND penalty) and hates losing. He would quickly get rid of those prima-donnas and could make England into a team of hard b*stards - which would be really hard to beat.



I agree to the part about Jose Mourinho
having easy at Chelsea with all their millions. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a brilliant coach. Apart from the fact he took Porto to 5 trophies in 2 seasons which includes 2 league titles and a Champions League.

The fact that he turned Frank Lampard from an average midfielder to one of the best midfielders in the world.

I would love an English manager but no-one seems up to it. Terry Venables was the last decent manager. The lack of silverware of the three main challangers for the job is a worry. If push comes to shove I'd choose Allardyce and get him into the set-up as soon as possible maybe even take him to the World Cup as part of the coaching staff.

I'd love Jose Mourinho to get it though.





Guess who's back?
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 06, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Munchsack wrote:


Personally I hope for Alex McLeish, due to the fantastic job he's doing with the Huns. However, I don't want him to leave Ibrox any time soon. If only there were two Alex McLeishs. God, there's a sentence a Celtic fan shouldn't write.


I heard that if Preston don't go up this year (20 games unbeaten Shhh) Billy Davies is most likely to replace McLeish at Rangers. You heard it here first.


Guess who's back?