Forums > Queen - General Discussion > OK, I'm off, and I mean it this time

forum rss feed
Author

Bryan's Permed Poodle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am fed up with this site. No-one ever seems to talk about anything except how great Paul Rodgers is and cheese. Apart from the few who see sense (Sharon G., Snowflakey, TeaKettleResurrection
etc) YOU ARE ALL MINDLESS TWATS! GOODBYE!!!

100,000,000 Sperm And I Was The Fastest
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about that gouda!

Gouda is a yellowish Dutch cheese named after the city of Gouda. The cheese is made from cow's milk that is cultured and heated up until the curds separate from the whey. About ten percent of the mixture is curds which are pressed into circular moulds for a couple of hours. The moulds give the cheese its traditional shape. Next, the cheese is soaked in a brine solution which gives the cheese its rind and improves the taste. After the salt soaks in, the cheese is then dried for a couple of days before being coated to prevent it from drying out. The cheese then ages for at least a couple of weeks before it is ready to be eaten. The term "Gouda" is now a generic name, and not restricted to products of Dutch origin.

Exported Gouda is usually the young variety (aged between 1 and 6 months, rich yellow in colour and with a yellow paraffin wax coating). This cheese is easily sliced on bread with a cheese slicer. Locally, old Gouda (aged between 12 and 18 months, orange-yellow in colour and sometimes discernible by a black paraffin wax coating) can be obtained. This strong tasting cheese is hard and often too brittle to slice, but is sliced by knife or served broken in chunks with drinks. Smoked Gouda is also a common find in many cheese markets and mega-marts.

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or maybe Danish tilsit?

Danish tilsit is one of the most popular of Denmark's semi-soft cheeses and a great breakfast cheese. Tilsit cheese, a rare luxury in the United States, was originally from Tilsit and has a semi-sharp flavor that becomes more robust with age. Often flavored with caraway seed and peppercorns, Tilsit is a superb complement to hearty brown/rye breads and dark beers. During the mid-19th Century, Dutch settlers in East Prussia wanted the Gouda of their native land, and set out to make some of their own. Conditions and supplies were much different, and the resulting cheese became what is today called Tilsit, named after the town they inhabited. This cheese is surface ripened and has a brown orange rind and a rich yellow pate. Its texture or consistency is springy and elastic with holes throughout making it ideal for slicing. It is made with cow's milk and has a mild, full, and spicy taste. It is a common table cheese, yet extremely versatile. Tilsit can be eaten cubed in salads, melted in sauces, on potatoes, flans, or burgers. Tilsit goes well with Danish Ales.

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Camembert, anyone?

Camembert is a soft, creamy French cheese. It is named after the village of Camembert in the Orne département of Normandy in northwestern France, where it originated.

PRODUCTION
Camembert is made from unpasteurized cow's milk, and is ripened by the moulds Penicillium candida and Penicillium camemberti for at least three weeks. It is produced in small rounds, about 250 grams in weight, which are wrapped in paper and boxed in thin wooden boxes.

CHARACTERISTICS
When fresh, it is quite crumbly and relatively hard, but it characteristically ripens and becomes more runny and strongly flavoured as it ages.

Camembert can be used in many dishes, but it is popularly eaten uncooked on bread or with wine or meat, to enjoy the subtle flavour and texture which do not survive heating.

HISTORY
Camembert was reputedly invented in 1791 by Marie Harel, a farmer from Normandy. However, the origin of the cheese we know today as camembert is more likely to rest with the beginnings of the industrialisation of the cheese-making process at the end of the 19th century. In 1890, an engineer, M. Ridel invented the wooden box which was used to carry the cheese and helped to send it for longer distances, in particular to America where it became very popular. These boxes are still used today.

Before fungi were properly understood, the colour of Camembert rind was a matter of chance, most commonly blue-grey, with brown spots. From the early 20th century onwards the rind has been more commonly pure white, but it was not until the mid-1970s that pure white became standard.

The cheese was famously issued to French troops in the first world war, becoming firmly fixed in the French popular culture as a result. It has many other roles in French culture, literature and history. It is now internationally known, and many local varieties are made around the world.

The cheese is said to have inspired Salvador Dalí to create his famous painting, The Persistence of Memory. Its "melting" watches were inspired by the sight of a melting wheel of over-ripe Camembert.

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or Babybels! No? Is that just me?
Yay, BPP's going at last.

This can't end well.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow..you're actually going? That makes me unusually happy.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Favourite Cheeses:

1) Brie
2) Edam
3) Cheddar
4) Mozarella
5) Cheshire

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, that's the way. He probably just says he's leaving for some more attention.

Interestingly enough, Red Leicester does not actually come from Leicester (as I am sure you know, Lester). It was in fact first invented (is that the right word for cheese?) on the Scottish island of Mull, where I have been. A tourist from Leicester stole the recipe and took it home with him. There is also the argument that the recipe may have originated in County Donegal, whre I have also been. Fascinating stuff, is it not?

This can't end well.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to hate cheese but I've grown rather fond of it in these past few years.

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TeaKettleResurrection wrote:

see what i mean? They're all fools

Yeah, it's us that are fools. What the hell does your name mean? (Do not turn this question around on me. I have explained it at least three times and I think my sister backed me up.)

This can't end well.
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0099>Linda Of The Valley wrote:

bitesthedust<br><h6>The QZ gentleman... wrote:

Favourite Cheeses:

1) Brie
2) Edam
3) Cheddar
4) Mozarella
5) Cheshire

*drools* lol!

Brie is the name of the girl in Desperate Housewives!

lol
as for me i love chedder cheese i could eat loads of it plain without anything, its gotta be extra sharp for me though.
mozarella is only good dipped in pasta sauce when its not cooked on pizza

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I left once - I got sick of the bullshit and said "to hell with it". In fact this is my first post on returning after some ? weeks of not visiting the site. But you'll notice I didn't post a topic on my departure, because I really didn't care if anyone here ever noticed or said anything. I know fatty did a great thread on this type of thing a while ago - I'll try to find it. I'm sure this isn't the first time BPP has left.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
kagezan1313

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, here's BPP's presumably last leaving - I wasn't even looking for it, so there must be more.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumNew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=609096

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester,

I am saddened by your omission of Coleraine Cheddar, a fine example of just how cheese can resemble yellow cardboard. I even live in the aforementioned town of Coleraine, so i speak with some authority.

On a related note, and even though he is leaving, I'd just like to tell BPP, and his accolytes or indeed aliases, snowflakey, teakettleresurrection and so on, that he is....and will ever remain....in my heart....a c**t.

Related how? Because both an unwashed c**t and BPP both have that accrid smell of Coleraine Cheddar.

I thank you.

Paul

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
kagezan1313

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's fatty's hilarious "top 100 'I'm leaving and never coming back'" thread. Enjoy - it'll make you laugh more than seeing BPP's genitalia would.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumNew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=566092

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

two work spring to mind ATTENTION SEEKER

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pod as in ipod :oP

Bryan's Permed Poodle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I AM LEAVING THIS FORUM DOES NOBODY CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100,000,000 Sperm And I Was The Fastest

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

id like to set ipod's on fire dont think i'll sniff it aftre like it be a bit toxic and stuff lol

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 06, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryan's Permed Pants wrote:

I am fed up with this site. No-one ever seems to talk about anything except how great Paul Rodgers is and cheese. Apart from the few who see sense (Sharon G., Snowflakey, TeaKettleResurrection
etc) YOU ARE ALL MINDLESS TWATS! GOODBYE!!!

Imposter. Must be Paul Rodger's twin brother

Queen RIP 1991

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"