Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Assuming Paul Leaves-what next?

forum rss feed
Author

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 06, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Paul Rodgers goes back to playing in front of 700 people because he ego wont allow him to succeed with second billing,whats next for us?Will Bri and Roj go to plan B and grab another singer and continue now that they have ignited such a stir?I sure hope so as i will never tire of hearing what they do but also i enjoy the debate and banter with other fans.Your thoughts?

john pistlli
Mr. Farenheit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 06, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No. It's over. Another singer would appear desperate....and I dont think they are desperate. I think they just wanted to go out and play and have fun. Getting a new singer and being bashed all over again wouldnt be worth it to them.

I think this US tour will be sobering to them. They are going to have trouble selling a lot of tickets. Im not saying they wont sell any....but it wont be HUGE....and these guys are used to being HUGE.

Not being huge...and being old....= its over.

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 06, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the Queen machine even *bothers* to seriously promote the tour, I think it would do well.

fantasticcircus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 02 Feb 06, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

y'know... honestly... i havent seen Q+PR live... ive just listened to the cd... and.... well... my favorite songs are the ones that brian and roger sing... it just feels more like queen to me... now... im not saying that if Q+PR came to texas i would come... because id be there... but.. the brian and roger songs sounded best to me... and i hope that they continue... even if its just the 2 of them... they dont need a "new singer" i think they sound fine... and i think that all the fans will be understanding that it's a different show... maybe not as flashy... but.. they still have damn fine voices... better than paul's... in my opinion... and i like paul... -josh

Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good post !

Feed the Phoenix :)
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snow flakey wrote:

Yay.
Good, thats what they get for adding that asswipe to sing Freddies songs and stand in his place, (they replaced him!) Also for using the Queen name.
Every day, they seem to be losing fans, i knew it. Maybe if they haven't added that asswipe and went under another name, they would still be huge. But no. Bad move Brian and Roger. Everyone knows that Queen died in 1991, and theres no way that they can bring Queen back, Never.
They are Roger and Brian, not Queen, and have been ever since Freddies death, only it took them 14 years to realize that they aren't Queen.

Maybe theres a little bit of hope for their future, if they change the name to Smile or something else. (and kick that shit out)
Paul is shit, was and will always be.

RIP Freddie + Queen.

Ok Paul is not shit. Your just mad because he's singing Freddie's songs.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It ain't over boys and girls, he will be back to finish the work on a studio album, yes I said finish!!

Whilst I suspect they will take a break after the USA tour, there will be more to come, you can bet your life on it.

Work is in progress.

And come the time they go their seperate ways, why not have someone else, what's the problem with that, if they like playing together and people want to see them, hell I'd by a ticket, I love the songs,

But wait isn't that what being a fan is all about, the songs?

I like the originals and I like it when others do interesting things with them, I still have the originals so why worry, if it takes it to a new level, great.

Just think if nobody had ever tried to do anything different with the first versions of our respective countries dishes, what a boring world we would live in.

But I guess you always get ludites!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think queen and u2 should do a world tour together i think that would be class and would rule the world of music. i think paul should not leave because i think he can do justice for freddie but if not they can also try robbie. as for justin hawkeens from the darkness f**k him he is a tool.

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0099>Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Michael Allred wrote:

If the Queen machine even *bothers* to seriously promote the tour, I think it would do well.

They don't need to promote it. Practically all shows were sold out.

They are? I hope they are. Where did you get that info?

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's done, maybe theyll do some studio work with other current bands and such.
oh i know Brian will keep busy

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wasn't going to say anything, but I guess I'll break the news here first. When Paul leaves, I will be the new lead singer of Queen.

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger is going to become the new pillsbury dough boy

Brian will become a mime

john will briefly crawl out from under his rock to buy an anorak (as he is fashionable that way)

freddie will be dead

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blk>Sasha<font color=red>38 wrote:

Well, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think BPP will be able to retire.

XD

Yea, BPP, snow flakey and every one ELSE who has put Paul Rodgers down!

We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
zitface42 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't believe that Brian and Roger forget that both of them can sing. If they had become the lead singers it still would be pure Queen. I think that they are the most worthy people of singing Freddie songs.

Fear me you lords and lady preachers

I descend upon your Earth from the skies

I command your very souls you unbelievers

Bring before me what is mine

The seven seas of Rhye

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds great Erin!!Will you please sing some of the songs that Paul would not tackle?seven seas,KQ,maybe a segmant of Somebody to love?.Signed your new fan and stalker...John

john pistlli
scaramouch2000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 06, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i didn't see them live either(well they didn't come to Greece)but i watched the dvd and i agree that the best moments of the concert are when brian and roger sing.Even at the song that Paul sings the best moments are when Roger does the "backing" vocals.They should be the lead singers now.About the name what difference would it make if they called it Smile or something else?It would still be them playing Queen songs.The don't think this is the real Queen but it is very close and they used the name for commersial reasons.

PS:Justin Hawkins isn't just a tool and i'm sure he could sing Freddie's songs much better than Paul and he could even sing songs like Seven seas of rhye or killer queen etc

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont want just Bri and Roj singing.we need a pro lead man.Roger gets winded coming to front stage from behind the kit and Bri can only sing a few numbers.The reason we all(or most us)came to love Queen was a wonderful lead singer.Here is a name i never here mentioned who is available.Steve Perry from Journey.they are touring with some stiff after perry refused to continue with them.He still has range and could do better with the higher key songs then most could.Thoughts?

john pistlli
RedSpecial1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

I Here is a name i never here mentioned who is available.Steve Perry from Journey.they are touring with some stiff after perry refused to continue with them.He still has range and could do better with the higher key songs then most could.Thoughts?

Before the bashing starts, that's not a bad thought. I'd be curious to hear it.

You don't have to be bigger. Just louder.
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeff Scott Soto (this man is amazing, i mean he sings just like freddie)
george michael
or ok robbie williams maybe...
but they must not break up!

LucyCoeCollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
   LucyCoeCollins
Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think rog and brian should strike a deal for their own tv show inxs did it why can't queen?

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

JUST TURN YERSELF INTO ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER BE"