Forums > Queen - General Discussion > How Did You Get Into Queen?

forum rss feed
Author

sweetlady16 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that's how i got into them too i think. my mum and dad always played queen's music when i was little. and when greatest flix 2 came out they'd play it alot and when i got old enough i used to ask (demand) they put it on. especially "I'm going slightly mad" that was my fave! innuendo used to scare me when the weird clown things come on. lol. anyway so, yeah i've always liked them but i assume that's why.

i can make a bigger bang then that dear.

http://queenofinnuendo.proboards54.com/index.cgi (my forum)
CC1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 259 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was brought up listening to them from childbirth, my parents both being MAHOOSIVE Queen fans.I did have a few 'Classic Rock'
(although Queen werent technically Classic then) allies at school so I wasnt completely alone with all the 80's crap that was around at the time.

Loved them then and have converted many a lost soul into Queen worshippers.

Im Off To Shoot Myself If Anyone Cares .......
no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was in Britney/Eminem phase and my mum couldn't stand there songs. One day "I want to break free" was on vh1 and my mum forced me to listen that song. I wasn't listening to a song I was just watching the video and thinking : OMG what is my mum listening. What a freaks.Then few day later I heard don't stop me now and I started liking them,soon I've become big fan :-)

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

actually things started when i was two or three years old..we used to sing with my mates from kindergarden the song called living on my own...it was like edo eo edo eo for us..then on late night mother took me home from that kindergarden and on the small colourless tv there was something going on..some singer died and crowds of people were shown and living on my own was playing..then i thought to myself how sad it all was and what a great mysterious man the singer(freddie)was..then was a huge gap that i don't remember..i remember knowing somehow songs like WATC or WWRY but i did not know how they even sounded..later i used to enjoy the HIGHLANDERS soundtrack..at the age of seven i bought a bootleg tape called 'queen best' and since the first track TSMGO i was blown away completely...that is about a half of the story :))

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My older siblings were Beatles, Joplin and Jefferson Airplane fanatics. They'd swap albums all the time. I was several years younger and wanted my own performer(s) to admire. One morning, on the way to school, Somebody to Love came over the car radio. I was floored. Throughout the day, it kept playing over and over in my head, and I couldn't wait to hear it again.

So, I fell in love with Queen while stuck in an old Ford Galaxy 500 with a bunch of 60's music fans. :-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

btw - the Somebody to Love I heard on the radio was Queen's STL, not Jefferson Airplane's. Just thought I'd make that clear. ;-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Exchange . user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to Weird Al.. and downloaded (leagally) Bohemian Polka wich I loved after that I heard BoRhap and thought it was weird, but i started to listen to Queen after that.

"I will not be a rockstar....i'll be a legend"
Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have always liked listening to music of Queen since was kid :)

Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, my folks got me addicted. I remember distinctly around the age of four (obviouslly not knowing who they were) seeing four faces sihouetted on a black backdrop and the "Bismilah NO!"etc... and a band with a bunch of kids dressed up like them and CLTCL and Stone Cold Crazy and my folks putting the guitar solo from the Millionaire Waltz on our answering machine and... oh yes going through my dads CDs, and I found one with a robot cluching a few people in his had, and I remember I was frightened so I shoved it back in and ran away. Matter of fact thats my favourite album now. And about a few years ago I realized that those guys were Queen and I was stunned. And a while later, I got absolutely hooked.

We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last year We are the champions came on the radio and I was in love with the mans voice and I never knew who sang the song so I asked my brother and he said "Queen" and I wanted to learn so much more about them so I went on a music video website and watched Bohemian Rhapsody,The Show Must Go O,and the Another One Bites The Dust video and FELL IN LOVE...ever since then...its been magic :)

sparverius user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In 1989 while on the school bus a friend gave me a black cassette with the letters ADATR on each side. I plugged it into my walkman and without knowing what it was I became instantly hooked...

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My dad used to always play "greatest hits II" and I just really liked it. He also had a lot of videos with Queen music videos on them (where the hell did they go!!!) so I would watch them as a little kid, and I never stopped listning to Queen.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
bohemian_killer_queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well it we are the champions was my yr 7 graduation song n so i loved queen before that but after it ,it made me love them more, so Queen will always be special to me.

Ashleigh Mercury Depp
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I started by experimenting with We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions and Another One Bites the dust.

Well, one thing led to another and I started liking Killer Queen. Killer Queen led to Somebody to Love. You know, I wasnt really looking to get this far but soon, Fat Bottomed Girls and Bicycle race were added.

By now I had hit rock bottom. That greatest hit cd was all I listened to. One by one, I memorized each song on it. Then I needed more.

The platinum greatest hit CD was seperated from me by a glass case and $40. Soon, I couldnt bear it and I tore into greatest hits 1-3.

But I needed more! Hotspace, NOTW, ANATO. All fell before me.

Then, Id found my favorite, The GAme. The Bastards sold me a copy with a defective track 2 so I returned and had a choice.

1. Wait 5 days for a new copy
2. Exchange it for another of equal value

I chose 2 and got The Works.

Soon, I cleaved asunder AKOM and The Game.

ADATR and MIH fell before me.

For Christmas, I expanded.

Which leads me to the present-

The Miracle- On its way (been ordered, will be here on monday)
Innuendo- Had to return (coming with the Miracle)

Queen & Queen 2- Still waiting to be conquored.

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
chauncey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1981, I was six years old, my parents took me to see Flash Gordon in the movie theater. I remember loving the music so much, I must have bugged my parents to the point of annoyance.
By Christmas, my Aunt gave me the LP soundtrack (hint from my parents).
That record still exists in my record collection......24 years later.

Are you ready to rock, are you ready to roll, okay let's do it! -F. Mercury
Roger'sGirl72610 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A couple of years ago, my school choir sang Bohemian Rhapsody... after that I started listening to other Queen songs... After a couple of days I was hooked!!

"Friends will be friends right till the end!"
Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was quite young,I can remember hearing'Another One Bites The Dust' on the family record player(yes it was that long ago). I remember how much I liked the sound of the man's(Freddie's)voice;)I've loved Queen(and been dazzled by Freddie!)ever since;)

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R
Mrs Roger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Weeelll, when i was 1, my dad used to bounce me on his knee, while playing Queen records, and when i was five our school did a play and they had we will rock you in it, so from then on i have been queen MAD!!

first things first, but not necessarily in that order!!
papercut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i listened to queen since i was a baby !

Just You and Me user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 94 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iwas listining to a band called appologetics which does christian parodies of other music. my favorite one was the one of bohemian rhapsody. i had everybody listen to it. they all said it didn't compare to the origional. so, with my first month paycheck from a camp i work at, i bought the greatest hits 1 2 &3, the platinum thing. i listened to them all but the last two were a bit too much for me. after i exhausted the first one i moved on to the others and had a much greater appriciation for them. after that it was cd/dvd buying frenzy.

life is like a box of chocolates...stuffed with individuals.

Mary