Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Song Misconceptions

forum rss feed
Author

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you ever "know" a song was about something or someone specific only to find out after months/years that you were wrong all along?

For example, I was certain 'You're My Best Friend' was from Freddie to Mary Austin. No question in my mind. Every word, all the passion, everything screamed Freddie and Mary to me.

Alas, I was clearly wrong since Freddie didn't even write the darn thing... though I've been known to justify my position by saying Freddie SANG it for her. :-)

How about you? What were some of your Queen song misconceptions?


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Feb 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea for like 3 days when i first heard Teo Torriatte i thought it was about freddie, even though it wasnt evven close to the time he died, i thought of freddie then i realized Brian wrote it. :S


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Quonkers wrote:

All Dead, All Dead - well put it this way, I never imagined it to be about a deceased cat! That blew my visions! It's still a beautiful song though :)


all dead all dead is about a cat????????

MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:



For example, I was certain 'You're My Best Friend' was from Freddie to Mary Austin. No question in my mind. Every word, all the passion, everything screamed Freddie and Mary to me.



I thought that to also! Then i found out the same as you..

x


"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury
FreeSpirit328 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Did you ever "know" a song was about something or someone specific only to find out after months/years that you were wrong all along?

For example, I was certain 'You're My Best Friend' was from Freddie to Mary Austin. No question in my mind. Every word, all the passion, everything screamed Freddie and Mary to me.

Alas, I was clearly wrong since Freddie didn't even write the darn thing... though I've been known to justify my position by saying Freddie SANG it for her. :-)

How about you? What were some of your Queen song misconceptions?


I guess it was because I have never seen the video, but I thought TATDOOL was about Mary, lol. The way Freddie sang about back in the old days and roller-coaster rides...sounded like something they might have done together back then. Of course, I was wrong, lol

I thought the same thing about "Your My Best Friend" too.


www.youravon.com/jaberdeen



Direct delivery available to customers living outside of Rhode Island. Enter code REPFS to receive free shipping.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Well, I used to be convinced AOBTD was about the death of John Lennon, until I realised it was written before he died. There was also another one, but my amazingly crappy memeory has let me down yet again. I am growing increasingly worried as this is becoming a regular occurance.


This can't end well.
IlariaTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You Are My Best Friend was written by John Deacon...and not by Freddie Mercury..don't forget this!!


LONG LIFE TO ROCK N' FUCKIN' ROLL!
MercurialMayniac user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I seriously thought that "You're My Best Friend" was from Freddie to Mary too!

And I thought I was the only one. Hahahah!


Queen ROCKS
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icefire wrote:

<font color=red>Quonkers wrote:

All Dead, All Dead - well put it this way, I never imagined it to be about a deceased cat! That blew my visions! It's still a beautiful song though :)


all dead all dead is about a cat????????


yeah it's about Brian May's cat who died when he was a kid.