Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's voice is still the best.

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After all these years, I haven't heard any singer who comes close to Freddie's voice.

His voice still moves me sometimes, whether it's from the 70s, or 80s, or 90s.

I was just listening to A Kind of Magic Album, Give me the Prize. Freddie's performance there is still stunning. Still great.

Now, more than ever, There can only be one!!

Also, Brian May's guitar is amazing!

I think Brian May is the best Guitarist ever.
Obviously Freddie was the best Lead singer ever.

Those two were the best, and that's why Queen is the best band ever!

Queengirl47 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 87 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

After all these years, I haven't heard any singer who comes close to Freddie's voice.

His voice still moves me sometimes, whether it's from the 70s, or 80s, or 90s.

I was just listening to A Kind of Magic Album, Give me the Prize. Freddie's performance there is still stunning. Still great.

Now, more than ever, There can only be one!!

Also, Brian May's guitar is amazing!

I think Brian May is the best Guitarist ever.
Obviously Freddie was the best Lead singer ever.

Those two were the best, and that's why Queen is the best band ever!

I agree with you 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are exactly right! You took the words right outta my mouth! NO ONE will EVER come close to them, EVER!!! You're exactly right... still to THIS day, no one has come close to Freddie's voice, NOR Brian's Guitar playing!! It's funyn cuz I've always been thinking this.... they are truly incredible.....one of a kind! :) It's amazing.....I STILL sometimes get chills hearing Freddie's voice and the whole band play - They ARE the BEST band EVER!! Yes!!! Everyone knows Brian is THE best Guitarist ever !! LOL... of course!!! Freddie was and STILL is the BEST frontman ever!!!....... and I love it :)

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also agree.
Music nowadays isn't as good as it used to be...it's a shame the music industry has lost its magic touch today. I'm not saying all music today is rubbish but alot of it is either...

1) Some idiot trying to make 'a fast buck' from re-mixing and, in my opinion, ruining a perfectly good song!

2) These dance mixes, too fast, bad quality and makes you nearly cry in despair when it comes on the radio!

3) Some rapper who can't sing to save his life, just saying words over and over again in the same note! Enriched with a violent approach, bad language, drugs, sex, etc, which really contributes to all the crime, disgraceful attitude and shit that ruins this world!
The only thing i would get out of this music is a massive headache!

4) Some pathetic excuse of a band who do one song, it goes to number one and they take the money and run never to be seen again!

I don't think music today can even match Queen's talent, energy and creativity!
I don't think anyone could match the power of Freddie's voice or the complexity and amazing guitar work from Brian.
This is why Queen is so popular and remembered so well, because people like us would rather appreciate real music by the band who have, in my view, created rock and their own genre of music.
The people who take the piss out of us for liking Queen are the real assholes. They can't understand real music and can't appreciate it like we do.
Queen, even today, would be better than any other music and will always be remembered in music history!
Queen rule always! Love ya!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie is the best singer ever! What a beautiful voice!

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also agree completely, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Sorry but music today is shit. I mean yea there are some really great artists in my opinion like the Foo Fighters and James Blunt. I mean for todays music their very good. I personally don't listen to modern day music.

Freddie IS THE BEST vocalist and frontman ever. End of story, I could seriously talk about this all day. He has such a strong amazing powerful voice. His voice is so unique, it's amazing.

Brian May is god. Serisouly I worship the man, he's incredible. I mean yea people like Jimmy Page are also amazing, but not NEAR as unique as Brian is.

And yes Queen is THE best band ever without a doubt!!!

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie has the most beautiful voice ever-like an angel. I love him;)

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R
Rik&Roll user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interesting...

zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I won't deny that Freddie was a great singer in the studio, but live he is eclipsed by contemporary heroes such as James Blunt, Robbie Williams, Britney Spears and Enrico Iglesias. I mean, come on, seriously....

Flick of the wrist
TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, i can agree that Freddie`s voice live was sometimes not very good...but come on, the songs that Queen performed are much more diffult then the softer songs that Robbie sings!
But, noone can disagree with me that when freddie`s voice was in good shape live, it was top notch!
"Gimme the prize" is so heavy and powerful, love it! Wonder if that song could ever be done live....

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zaiga wrote:

Well, I won't deny that Freddie was a great singer in the studio, but live he is eclipsed by contemporary heroes such as James Blunt, Robbie Williams, Britney Spears and Enrico Iglesias. I mean, come on, seriously....

Seriously??? OK.

James Blunt is a Colin Hay starter kit. Hay has been doing what Blunt just started doing for nearly 10 years now.

Robbie Williams biggest success is a poor cover of a classic anthem. He even needed to borrow a band.

Britney Spears is a piece of ass

Enrico Iglesias is another Marc Antony/Ricky Martin clone. He'll never measure up to his father.

Seriously.

The Lost Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My mum hates Freddie's voice. I know, she's crazy. Every time I turn on Queen at her place she goes like :"He's just screaming, it so annoying, it's just screams" . Pain in the ass.
Of course, I think he is the best singer ever.

"Okay, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!"

-Chandler to Joey s2e1
.::Figaro::. user not visiting Queenzone.com
.::Figaro::.
Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the english or spanish people see that:

http://www.f-mercury.com.ar/

Freddie was the best rock&roll singer of the history of the all earth.

I stayed up listening to Queen. When I was seventeen...
phoenixFire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that you can hear Freddie "scream" in some of his songs specially late in his career as frontman for Queen or as a solo artist. This is because through the years, his singing voice has become a bit lower and he has modified his singing style. He hits his highest notes with a full voice and not with a falsetto. Freddie's voice, to me, was at its best during the 70's when he could sing like an angel, specially evident in songs like "My Fairy King", "The Night Comes Down", "White Queen(As It Began)", "Lily Of The Valley", "Love of My Life", and of course the immortal "Bohemian Rhapsody"! But whether he "screams" or not in his songs, to me Freddie is and will always be the greatest singer ever.

...it's in the lap of the Gods!
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

FunnyFella wrote:

My mum hates Freddie's voice. I know, she's crazy. Every time I turn on Queen at her place she goes like :"He's just screaming, it so annoying, it's just screams" . Pain in the ass.
Of course, I think he is the best singer ever.

hey i can show her screaming XD....listen to Nu-metal

Seriously pretty much all music these days is screaming...ahh it's the most irritating thing I have ever heard.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 04:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you can't know much about singing if you think freddie is screaming. I actually love freddies live voice as much as his studio voice, even with the cracks and everything. Live at wembly he was so powerfull, even though he wasn't totally on his game.

firefox-inqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HE WAS SO GREAT!!!!!!

I never get bored of his voice because of his variety.It was changing so much in every new song queen released.It was either a smooth sound (like in crazy little thing called love) up to a really powerfull type (we are the champions) then up to the unbeatable (the show must go on).Number 1 for me every time!

Freddie mercury R.I.P
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zaiga wrote:

People entitled to opinions? yes, but the above is an example of a stupid opinion. A very very stupid opinion.

Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

phoenixFire wrote:

I agree that you can hear Freddie "scream" in some of his songs specially late in his career as frontman for Queen or as a solo artist. This is because through the years, his singing voice has become a bit lower and he has modified his singing style. He hits his highest notes with a full voice and not with a falsetto. Freddie's voice, to me, was at its best during the 70's when he could sing like an angel, specially evident in songs like "My Fairy King", "The Night Comes Down", "White Queen(As It Began)", "Lily Of The Valley", "Love of My Life", and of course the immortal "Bohemian Rhapsody"! But whether he "screams" or not in his songs, to me Freddie is and will always be the greatest singer ever.

Very well said,dear;)

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie is the best singer ever. Whoever says that Britney Spears is a "better" live singer needs to gget their ears checked.

My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

firefox-inqueen wrote:

HE WAS SO GREAT!!!!!!

I never get bored of his voice because of his variety.It was changing so much in every new song queen released.It was either a smooth sound (like in crazy little thing called love) up to a really powerfull type (we are the champions) then up to the unbeatable (the show must go on).Number 1 for me every time!

ditto!
He's so amazing that I also never get bored of his voice, even though I listen to him everyday. Well, the more I listen to his voice, the more I want to listen to him. I've never had such a feeling to any other singer.

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.