Forums > Queen - General Discussion > You Take My Breath Away: It isn't about a love for a person....

forum rss feed
Author

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, yeah.
We have all come to the conclusion; the obvious conclusion while listening to Queen, that the song "You Take My Breath Away" is in fact, a love song. Seems fairly blatant, right? Fuck no! Allow me to enlighten your lives, because I am that damn good.
YTMBA is actually about Freddie's love for drugs. Yup; our dear beloved Freddie really wrote his songs, especially the passionate "love songs" based on his love for drugs; what a dope head. To be more specific, YTMBA isn't about coke, or heroin, or pot. First of all, pot is a dumb thing to write a song about. You might as well just write a song that says "Smoke a bowl/Get really hungry/Contemplate life's meaning because I'm a dumbass/Why did I write this song/Oh yeah, I can't remember." And secondly, writing about heroin and/or coke was and is just too stereotypical for a rock star to do. Thank you for writing about coke, sir; It was never obvious before now, you twat.
No...Freddie was waaaay ahead of time; YTMBA was about cough medicine.

Cough medicine you ask? Yup. Cough medicine; probably something to the equivalent of Robitussin. Or, if you are poorer and can't afford Robitussin because it's a damn name brand, then picture Freddie talking about the generic brand called "Tussin." Same diff.
Don't believe me? Well damnit, you better, because I am always right. Here are some lyrics followed by analytical prophecies. Because I own.

Here's the lyric:
"Every time you make a move, you destroy my mind/And the way you touch, I lose control and shiver deep inside/You take my breath away."
And here's the meaning:
Well, duh. I figured it ought to be obvious in the first sentence. "You destroy my mind?" No shit Fred! Really? Did you honestly doubt that downing cough medicine for that "sensational high" wouldn't? Ahh well, rock stars can't all be perfect in their ways, can they? Or how about the line "I lose control and shiver deep inside?" A shivering Fred is an over-the-counter doped out Fred. And of course this shit takes your breath away; you're ingesting cough medicine you twat. Don't expect to breathe properly if you happen to swig that beautiful red/blue/or green bottle. Good to the last drop.

Here's the lyric:
"You can reduce me to tears with a single sigh."
And here's the meaning:
Have you ever smelled cough medicine? It isn't really pleasant, but it has one thing going for itself; it's pungent. Go ahead, try it. I'm sure some of you on here wouldn't be deterred from a few brain cells going down the drain. But what Fred was trying to say was "When I open you and sniff you, you make my eyes water." But how sexy does that sound? Not very. And remember, Freddie wanted this song to be a disguise, because no one likes a 'tussin freak. Not back then, anyway.

Here's the lyric:
"I could give up all my life for just one kiss/I would surely die if you dismiss me from your love."
And here's the meaning:
Can you say addiction? You know, there comes a point in ones life when they have had one too many swigs, and then they start to believe that life will not go on without their beloved liquid. The "one kiss" is really "one swig/one swallow/one 'oh god I fucking need this.'" We've all been there; addiction, that is. *looks around nervously* Now, some of you might say "But your majesty! How could cough medicine dismiss anyone? It's not a living being!" But upon you saying that, you'd be getting on your knees and bowing and/or getting the shit beat of you. Well here is what it entails. No druggie wants their beloved friend/lover; the drug itself, to betray their needs. Especially when the needs become so apparent and nessecary. Ask a stoner; smoking too much ganja will eventually lead you to smoke more and more to get high. Betrayal? Yes, but in the funny sense, because stoner

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see why you are financially f*cked!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Strangely, today *I* saw an American flag at full mast.

Then I realised that I was standing outside the American Embassy in Dublin, and was filled with relief, that while they may have invaded, they didn't feel the need for "regime change".

Nice post, by the way. It's about time we had some depth round here, rather than that twat BPP and his minions/alternative identities.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

I can see why you are financially f*cked!

Ahh good. I was hoping that someone would see how awful the job market is here in the U.S. for a photojournalist working within her own hours. Thank you; I feel much better. :)
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

Strangely, today *I* saw an American flag at full mast.

Then I realised that I was standing outside the American Embassy in Dublin, and was filled with relief, that while they may have invaded, they didn't feel the need for "regime change".

Nice post, by the way. It's about time we had some depth round here, rather than that twat BPP and his minions/alternative identities.

Yes. In America, our defintion of regime change is "bomb the fuckers; we're America damnit!" Sadly, that is not how we ought to run our country, or others for that matter. I guess you could say I'm not particularly fond of my gov't.
Oh...and if that's sarcasm in your praise for my post, then I commend you sir. ;)
Cheers

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Errr...I'd better point out before someone takes what I said too seriously, I appreciate the humour in the above post and do not feel the need to post anything serious about Freddie Mercury or his associates, what so ever.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

Errr...I'd better point out before someone takes what I said too seriously, I appreciate the humour in the above post and do not feel the need to post anything serious about Freddie Mercury or his associates, what so ever.

I, myself, was being sarcastic as well. Would it make more sense if I said I was being facetious? ;)
Cheers

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol

meddows may user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How Dare You!

I can not believe it!

You’ve got some nerve

How dare you soil the name of our illustrious cough medicine that is Robatusum. They have worked hard to become a “damn name brand” and deserve more of our money. And the odor not pleasant? The odor of Robatusum can be compared to that of a lilac in the cool mountain breeze. You need to get your nose checked.

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have amazed me yet again.

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Queen of the Night user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe it ain't 5 minutes....but I do feel the urge to say something in defense..... of Fatty!
Nice try Ladymoonshinedown, but no way near this guy's great revelations on FM or Queen..;-)

A Morning at the Forum

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

LeroyBrown11 wrote:

I feel bad for you, you took the time to right all of your little theory and no one will care, but good job for not being lazy! *cheers to you!*

ah! see? theres the fisrt one!

I knew someone would do it.
I just knew.
But then again, over half of the people here are, well...
...just be happy it isn't you my dear. ;)
Cheers

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Slave</h6> wrote:

Hey, long time no, er...
...well, long time no chat, I suppose. It's not like we actually 'see' each other, heh. How are you?
Cheers

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Slave</h6> wrote:

Hey, long time no, er...
...well, long time no chat, I suppose. It's not like we actually 'see' each other, heh. How are you?
Cheers

I am doing well. That cough medicine sure made me feel fuzzy. Now, I think I'll go get a glass of water. Do you have a song for that?

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 05 Feb 06, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol....

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are you thinking about? who are you to tell these horroble things about Freddie??!! Maybe he took the drugs few times but he is not durg addict!!! You are idiot and maybe you are addict!!! Don't say these things never again!!! OK???????

I love you Freddie, you'll always be at first place in my heard!! I love you Love of my life!!!!
Freddie Mercury - Legend, king of the world!!!!

Tea
IlariaTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You drug yourself...much!!!I think this theory is unfounded...Freddie maybe took some marijuana sometimes but he wasn't a drug dependent...opposite of you I think...!!!maybe this is a joke...!!!
YTMBA is obviously a love song...I write the lyric of this song (cuz I love him so much) to my boyfriend on a letter that I wrote for him...he was about to cry for the beautiful words I wrote to him...and he told me he love me...!!!How do you think this song is about the love for drugs...???tell me... :/

LONG LIFE TO ROCK N' FUCKIN' ROLL!
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, brother.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

Reading this makes me realise why I hardly post anymore

Same...

galileufigaro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 06 Feb 06, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ridiculous