Forums > Fan mixes > The Show Must Go On-Live??

forum rss feed
Author

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a thought...has anyone thought to doing a live version of The Show Must Go On...maybe taking the version with Elton John ,taking out his vocals, and replacing them with Freddie's?? I was listening to the original, and I was thinking 'fuck it would've been nice to have a live version of that song with Freddie singing it!!'. So yes...any takers, or does it sound like a lame idea??

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Things like this, I'd basically only attempt if I had alternate vocals from Freddie.(perhaps 'less perfect' vocals - he got it absolutely dead-on brilliant in the song, I'd want a shittier demo version to imitate live).

I liked the fake live version of Love Kills, this sort of thing can be done reasonably well, but I don't think one could do it without having access to stuff we don't have our hands on.

Don't let me stop you all though :D

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

would somebody give it a go?

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll take a look at this. Audition will come in very handy for this stuff.

Peace,
Adam.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope. No chance, it seems. Sounded rubbish with both mixed together. It may work better with the version they did in 1992 at the tribute concert. If someone can upload that, I'll take a further look. At least Freddie's vocals came out better than the Elton version. Too much splashy reverb survives on that one.

Peace,
Adam.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 06, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see, I thought that could be a sticking point...

If only there existed a live DTS mix where the vocals could be ripped out. Unfortunately, taking ROTC as an example, it's the Red Special that gets isolated; far as I know, the vocals are in all the tracks.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller