Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What would an INNUENDO tour have been like?

forum rss feed
Author

miracle-man! 29382 user not visiting Queenzone.com
miracle-man! 29382
Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 06, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Remember when Fred and co.had tours on their albums,and hey,who usually doesn't? Well,most of them do anyways.

I often wondered what it would've been like if Freddie didn't get aids and he and the others would've had a tour on the last two albums they did,Miracle and Innuendo.

The closest thing you had to hearing anything live from Innuendo and Miracle was the tribute concert with Roger Daltry singing I want it all and someone sang The show must go on,but I can't recall who sang it.

I Can imagine if there was a tour of Innuendo,I can imagine on stage,a giant image of the juggler from the album cover and maybe all sorts of unusual and amazing performances,like freddie dressed up as he was in I'm going slightly mad and maybe clowns and ballerinas on stage while Freddie was singing--or something like that.

Well,that's just my opinion,but what do you folks think? Would it have been a spectacular tour concert for the last two albums or what?

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 06, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If....

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would have been f-ing rad

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It probably wouldn't have been much different than The Miracle tour.

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. Who cares about what ifs

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally don't think he would have been on stage doing things like the IGSM video because the whole reason he did the video like that is because of his illness.

Dislocate your spine...
mvannierop user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this could be a good tracklist:
What do you think?

01 - Party (Intro)
02 - Kashoggi's Ship
03 - Tie Your Mother Down
04 - I Want It All
05 - A Kind Of Magic
06 - Under Pressure
07 - Another One Bites The Dust
08 - Headlong
09 - I Want To Break Free
10 - Love Of My Life
11 - Bijou
12 - Brighton Rock
13 - Now I'm Here
14 - Innuendo
15 - The Miracle
16 - These Are The Days Of Our Lives
17 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
18 - Hammer To Fall
19 - Radio Ga Ga
20 - Bohemian Rhapsody
21 - The Show Must Go On
22 - Was It All Worth It
23 - We Will Rock You
24 - Friends Will Be Friends
25 - We Are The Champions
26 - God Save The Queen

bohemianrhap84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 217 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how about adding a medley:

Now I'm Here
Dragon Attack
I Can't Live With You
Now I'm Here reprise

i think that would have been neat. good setlist otherwise IMO

How can I go on from day to day? Who can make me strong in every way?
boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, I tell you, nothing would be same if Freddie didn't get aids. There would be no album Miracle ( or at least wouldn't been called like that), there would no be The Show Must Go On, Slightly Mad and others...A lot of songs from last 3 albums are abouth freddie's saying goodbye. Albums after A Kind of Magic would sound totally different. But, one thing is sure, songs would be great as usual.

I think I'm banana tree...
muttley15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
muttley15
Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An instrumental........

listen to the breeze, whisper to me please, don't send me to the path of nevermore.......
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would have been amazing.

no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if freddie didn't get aids I don't think that Innuendo,These Are The Days Of Our Lives,The Show Must Go On, Was It All Worth It...etc... would be writen

PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no one but you wrote:

if freddie didn't get aids I don't think that Innuendo,These Are The Days Of Our Lives,The Show Must Go On, Was It All Worth It...etc... would be writen

Exactly...the point of The Miracle and Innuendo are interrelated to Freddie's illness...

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PainPleasure wrote:

no one but you wrote:

Exactly...the point of The Miracle and Innuendo are interrelated to Freddie's illness...

Yea but still, it's interesting to think about it.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
PepsiCo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 06, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you people are making me f-ing sick! Youre saying that you would rather have Freddie die and have those albums released??
I wouldnt care much about those albums..if he was still alive! So youre saying that its GOOD that Freddie died??

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's obviously not good that freddie died, but he did and this is the music he left us with. It is neat to try and think of what songs from the three albums released after they stopped touring would they do live. of course if he didn't die then the music may have been different but maybe not. if freddie was still alive, we might be having a discussion of a special ANATO 30th anniversary concert or a box anthology with rare and previously unreleased material. And these might actually have been released! Anyway, I think if Freddie could have been well enough to tour at least one more time or do one more show, it would have been fantastic. The Miracle and Innuendo are two of my favorite Queen albums, along with ANATO and The Game so for me it is cool to try and think of what the tours would be like. I would call them the Invisible Men tour and the Slightly Mad tour. Ahh, to dream Queen fans.

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's obviously not good that freddie died, but he did and this is the music he left us with. It is neat to try and think of what songs from the three albums released after they stopped touring would they do live. of course if he didn't die then the music may have been different but maybe not. if freddie was still alive, we might be having a discussion of a special ANATO 30th anniversary concert or a box anthology with rare and previously unreleased material. And these might actually have been released! Anyway, I think if Freddie could have been well enough to tour at least one more time or do one more show, it would have been fantastic. The Miracle and Innuendo are two of my favorite Queen albums, along with ANATO and The Game so for me it is cool to try and think of what the tours would be like. I would call them the Invisible Men tour and the Slightly Mad tour. Ahh, to dream Queen fans.

no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bohemianrhap84 wrote:

I think if Freddie could have been well enough to tour at least one more time or do one more show, it would have been fantastic.

I don't want to insult you but, ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID???????? DO you know what AIDS is? Do you know how painful was for Freddie to make the last videos but he wonted to leave something for fans. He wasn't able to walk while he was making These are the days of our lives video so how would he be able to sing and have one last tour? He was dying! Think before you write something stupid and find something about AIDS on internet

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

obviously i know that he wasn't able to sing and had a hard time doing anything in his last few days and months. my point was that if they could have toured it would have been great. if you ask me you're the one who's stupid, so go fuck yourself.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonderful I would hope, however I'd like to think that they would have gone back to the heavier side of things and gotten rid of the "pop" material like GAGA, IWTBF, AKOM etc.....

Benn