Forums > Queen - General Discussion > finally got innuendo

forum rss feed
Author

liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 06, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got innuendo from my sister for my 17th birthday and i thoroughly enjoyed it. The lyric quality is as good as their 70's music and it was great to hear the vocal harmonies and brian use his guitar to its fully potential again. Though i did think that synths were used when they didnt need to be. None of the synths were overpowering like their 80's stuff and i think some of the songs didnt need it ie. the hitman.
i also thought that Johns bass was much quieter than usual. And finally is this the only queen album to not contain any piano and if so why didnt they use any. But it really is one of their best albums.

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 06, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had lunch at lunchtime...

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 06, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great album isn't it?

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 06, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes innuendo is great; it has that 70s sound to it minus the piano which perhaps is a shame- it would hae been nice for a Freddie vaudeville extravaganza but who needs that when you have Bijou, Innuendo and headlong. Queen's best and hardest rocking album since the seventies.

I was very surprised when it first came out- I never thought they'd make an album that marvellous again, though there were some good signs from the Miracle e.g IWIA and WIALW.

hj
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 06, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Innuendo. You get all aspects of Freddie's voice, and his vocals are clear and beautiful.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Kensington Love user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 789 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Innuendo is excellent,darlings!;)

Hello from Rai;)

"Im not afraid to speak out and say the things I want and do the things I want,so um,I think in the end that being natural and actually genuine is what wins."-FM

R